[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Posted in a Florida News Paper

Duchess Jack

ah....pick one...  

65 members have voted

1. 1. ah....pick one...

• Packers (1960s)
    • Steelers (1970s)
    • 49ers (1980s)
    • Cowboys (1990s)
    • Patriots (2000s)

I am just wondering what everyone thinks....I am having a hard time overlooking the Steelers and Packers tradition.

692196[/snapback]

Who'd the 1960's Packers beat?

Who was on those teams?

What was the Packers' payroll back then?

What was their opponent's payroll in each championship game?

This paragraph from the 49ers web site pretty much says it all.

As Chief Executive Officer of the 49ers from its acquisition until 1997, Edward J. DeBartolo, Jr. saw his primary role as one of

provid-ing emotional and financial support for the players and coaches. Under his leadership the 49ers earned the moniker "Team of the 80s" after claiming four Super Bowl titles during that decade. They extended their dominance into the 90s, becoming only NFL team to produce 10-or-more wins for 16 consecutive seasons (1983-98). Since 1981, the 49ers have won 13 division titles, five conference championships and five Super Bowl championships (the first franchise in NFL history to win five), claiming the world title in 1981 (Super Bowl XVI), '84 (Super Bowl XIX), '88 (Super Bowl XXIII), '89 (Super Bowl XXIV) and '94 (Super Bowl XXIX).

The Steelers were one dropped pass by a Cowboys TE from being behind the Cowboys as the team of the 70s.

692346[/snapback]

Steelers were 4-0 in the 70's, Dallas was 2-3. That one dropped pass would still slant it in Pitt's favor.

I voted Pitt, as much as the Innacurate Recpetion sickens me.

The Steelers were one dropped pass by a Cowboys TE from being behind the Cowboys as the team of the 70s.

692346[/snapback]

all hail, superbowl mvp, jackie smith. with the superbowl 2 week layoff, they showed this superbowl twice on nfl films on espn. i always laugh when the announcer says, jackie smith has got to the sickest man in the world right now. that game and the bears routing the pats have to be my 2 favorite superbowls.

Steelers were 4-0 in the 70's, Dallas was 2-3. That one dropped pass would still slant it in Pitt's favor.

I voted Pitt, as much as the Innacurate Recpetion sickens me.

692518[/snapback]

I dont think so. Pitt would have been 3-1 in 4 SB appearances and Dallas would have been 3-2 in 5 SB appearances and won the last 2 of the decade.

the question was which one was most impressive. I do respect the Packers and Steelers but they were during a time when you could stack up your team and dominate for years. The Patriots are stacking and winning during a time when your best players can leave from year to year. The Patriots got my vote