[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Mock Draft from GBN

The Irish Doggy

why do the eagles need a DT in the 2nd round. they have simon and walker plus a good backup, cant his remember name.

695515[/snapback]

I think Simon might be on his way out..I think hes a fa..unrestricted...doubt andy reid is going to hand him any kind of real money...alot of people feel hes overrated and prefers to play in warmer weather

Lets not forget about the Raiders a few years back.  Place Kicker round one, followed up by punter in round 2.

Janikowski Round 1

Lechler round 2.

With the Giants kicking and special teams problems the last few years, I can see it.

Nugent is a freak!  I watched him play last year and he is absolutely the best kicker I have ever seen!  When he played us here at NC. State, we had only 1 opportunity to field a kick all day. He kicked every kick-off way out of the end-zone and made every field goal, (I think 6) drilled kicks from way over 50 yards, with one kick from over 50 which went clean OVER the entire GOAL POST!  Freaking kid is by far the best kicker I have ever seen.  He alone will be worth 3 victories a year with that bionic, lazer accurate leg.

Just my $.02

695497[/snapback]

You could be right, if they address some needs in FA which they usually aren't that active in. But if the kid is that good (I don't know much about him) and they can get a decent left tackle in FA then it is a possibility. They need to get some protection for Eli, I think that along with a couple of def. moves would be the first things they should address.

Listening to some radio here in SF and no indication whether they will keep the 1st pick or trade down. The 9ers are in such a state of disrepair that I think they will trade down and get help at several positions. Rattay is a very accurate pocket passer (when healthy) but he has been getting hammered because the O line is about as effective as a wet paper bag. IMO, A brand new shiny QB that they are "projected" to take will not help at all. I think a significant upgrade in the O line this year will put them around (term used very losely) .500. They were always in the game for the first 2 or 3 quarters then folded as they could'nt control the clock.

I think Simon might be on his way out..I think hes a fa..unrestricted...doubt andy reid is going to hand him any kind of real money...alot of people feel hes overrated and prefers to play in warmer weather

695593[/snapback]

The put the franchise tag on him so he may not be headed out yet.

You could be right, if they address some needs in FA which they usually aren't that active in. But if the kid is that good (I don't know much about him) and they can get a decent left tackle in FA then it is a possibility. They need to get some protection for Eli, I think that along with a couple of def. moves would be the first things they should address.

695617[/snapback]

OK, I'll buy this. ONLY if they take care of the larger needs in FA.

I don't think I see the Jets going for a CB in the first round, especially if 4 are already off the board. While they need to improve the def backfield, they also need a TE and a back up RB. I could also see them jump for that kicker, too, even if it's to buy cap room.