[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss trade

limey

I am a viking fan and I have had enough of Moss. Great impact player when he wants to be. And that's the problem. It's when he wants.

How about trading him to San Diego for Donnie Edwards and there 2 first round picks this year? Then go and pick FA Plaxico Burress or Muhammad to minimize Moss' absence.

I can;t see San Diego passing on having both Moss and Tomlinson. Vikings address there linebacker issues and can get much needed help from 3 first round picks to address there defense. Oh yeah and fire Catrell....he sucks.

The Vikes would need a TON of cap space to take Edwards, 2 first rounders, and Burress or Muhammad. Not realistic. If I were the Chargers, I'd trade Edwards and the late pick for Moss, and see what Minny says. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

I am a viking fan and I have had enough of Moss.  Great impact player when he wants to be.  And that's the problem.  It's when he wants.

How about trading him to San Diego for Donnie Edwards and there 2 first round picks this year?  Then go and pick FA Plaxico Burress or Muhammad to minimize Moss' absence.

I can;t see San Diego passing on having both Moss and Tomlinson.  Vikings address there linebacker issues and can get much needed help from 3 first round picks to address there defense.  Oh yeah and fire Catrell....he sucks.

692965[/snapback]

We have spent the last 7+ years getting that element of player OUT of San Diego. It started with Leaf and ended with Wiley and Boston. There is NO FREAKIN' WAY San Diego makes a deal for that fool.

22 mil under the cap, two maybe three 1st rounders next year (if they trade Brees). Moss is NOT the way to build a future. Enjoy another year or so of that a$$clown! :D

:D

The Vikes would need a TON of cap space to take Edwards, 2 first rounders, and Burress or Muhammad.  Not realistic.  If I were the Chargers, I'd trade Edwards and the late pick for Moss, and see what Minny says. . .

692968[/snapback]

Is 36 mill enough space?

They have the space, they're lacking the owner to use it.

McBoog, you're nuts if you wouldn't want Moss. LdT, Brees/River, and Moss? YIKES! If he doesn't make the changes you would hope would be associated with a change of location, you don't have to absorb his signing bonus. CUT HIM. Well worth the it. Jerk or not, the Chargers would be freakin' unstoppable.

Edited by CaptainHook

Is 36 mill enough space?

They have the space, they're lacking the owner to use it.

692971[/snapback]

$36 million, eh? I'm assuming that is provided Moss gets traded, right?

By the way, congrats on the helmet. I'm assuming you ordered a Packers helmet, right? :D

Edited by CaptainHook

We have spent the last 7+ years getting that element of player OUT of San Diego.  It started with Leaf and ended with Wiley and Boston.  There is NO FREAKIN' WAY San Diego makes a deal for that fool. 

22 mil under the cap, two maybe three 1st rounders next year (if they trade Brees).  Moss is NOT the way to build a future.  Enjoy another year or so of that a$$clown!  :D

:D

692970[/snapback]

Leaf, Wiley and Boston? I understand they were a pain in the a$$ but since when is San Diego trying to have a squeky clean image? All three don't even add up to the talent of this guy. He is worth the risk. A change of scenery would do Moss good. Remember his first few years with the Vikes he had a chip on his shoulder for being picked so late in the draft. He took it personally and took it out on other teams. He would do the same in a trade. Prove the Vikings wrong and show the league he is still an impact player. If I were SD, I would do it.

Where did this come from?  Is there a rumor or something out there?  Has he said he wants to come to San Diego?  Do you think AJ Smith is stupid?  :D

692982[/snapback]

I haven't heard anything about it from a news source. But it is interesting. SD needs a WR and they have plenty of cap space and picks. Minny would want to trade him out of the conference and far, far away. Just a logical assumption that they would be at least cosidering it. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

McBoog, you're nuts if you wouldn't want Moss.  LdT, Brees, and Moss?  YIKES!  If he doesn't make the changes you would hope would be associated with a change of location, you don't have to absorb his signing bonus.  CUT HIM.  Well worth the it.  Jerk or not, the Chargers would be freakin' unstoppable.

692983[/snapback]

I see that side of the argument. But at the same time, the Bolts seem to be on the path of building a Patriotesque team. There are not any "I" players on the squad and I think he would be more of a disruption to what they are trying to do than a benefit to the overall "team concept".

I also think that the price is way to high! Edwards is the soul of a growing defensive unit, is a San Diego homegrown player and has effectively filled the hole that an aging Seau left. The Bolts need to IMPROVE their defense and that is not happening by trading away your leaders/best players. I am not sure what the cap ramifications of a trade like that are, but cutting deep into a nice pad for one player that may not be around long is too much of a risk. I give up a single number one, if anything. :D

I am a viking fan and I have had enough of Moss.  Great impact player when he wants to be.  And that's the problem.  It's when he wants.

How about trading him to San Diego for Donnie Edwards and there 2 first round picks this year?  Then go and pick FA Plaxico Burress or Muhammad to minimize Moss' absence.

I can;t see San Diego passing on having both Moss and Tomlinson.  Vikings address there linebacker issues and can get much needed help from 3 first round picks to address there defense.  Oh yeah and fire Catrell....he sucks.

692965[/snapback]

Feel free to post your speculation here.

$36 million, eh?  I'm assuming that is provided Moss gets traded, right?

By the way, congrats on the helmet.  I'm assuming you ordered a Packers helmet, right?  :D

692987[/snapback]

lol..thanks...but no cheese in my house. :D The 36 mill is if Moss is still with the team. Not much less if they trade him. This is the 4th year of an 8 year contract. It's also the first year that they wouldn't take a big hit on the cap if they did choose to trade him. (which isn't going to happen) I can't access the article I read about it, but the numbers are somewhere in the ballpark ,if he stays his salary would be a 7 mill hit on the cap. If they trade him it would jump up to 9.5. I'm not sure, but I think there is also another bonus due next year, that would also be another incentive to trade him this year.

Edited by BillyBalata

Lot of talk (only speculation on local sports talk radio at this point) that the Jets could trade either Shaun Ellis or John Abraham (who they would first have to franchise) and their #1 pick this year for Moss (the Jets have like the #27 pick or something like that). Wonder if Minny would bite on either?

I see that side of the argument.  But at the same time, the Bolts seem to be on the path of building a Patriotesque team.  There are not any "I" players on the squad and I think he would be more of a disruption to what they are trying to do than a benefit to the overall "team concept".

I also think that the price is way to high!  Edwards is the soul of a growing defensive unit, is a San Diego homegrown player and has effectively filled the hole that an aging Seau left.  The Bolts need to IMPROVE their defense and that is not happening by trading away your leaders/best players.  I am not sure what the cap ramifications of a trade like that are, but cutting deep into a nice pad for one player that may not be around long is too much of a risk.  I give up a single number one, if anything.  :D

692994[/snapback]

McBoog's right ... Moss isn't necessary -- WRs weren't SD's problem last year ... Keep Edwards, keep the team focus, keep building ... The Chargers have other needs than a "only plays when he wants to" distruptive star at a position not necessarily of significant need.