[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeff Garcia

Piranha

Not a great QB, and not one that can carry a team on his shoulders.

But the guy has experience and if he has a talented supporting cast around him,

He plays pretty ok sometimes.

But seeing that his future in Cleveland is very much in doubt...

where would be a good fit for him?

Dallas?

Buffalo? if Bledsoe is cut, sitting behind Losman?

Possibility for Green Bay to compete for a job if Favre retires?

Any Cleveland homers (or anyone else) have any insight on his future?

Edited by Piranha

Not a great QB, and not one that can carry a team on his shoulders.

But the guy has experience and if he has a talented supporting cast around him,

He plays pretty ok sometimes.

693577[/snapback]

It's funny how far a guy who went to the Pro Bowl 3 straight times can fall in most peoples opinions. It is what have you done for me lately. I always liked Garcia, he may not have been the most talented QB but he made plays...........

Edited by phenom

It's funny how far a guy who went to the Pro Bowl 3 straight times can fall in most peoples opinions.  It is what have you done for me lately.  I always liked Garcia, he may not have been the most talented QB but he made plays...........

693649[/snapback]

I'd be happy to have him in Buffalo behind Losman if Bledsoe doesnt stick around.

Granted he did go to the pro bowl 3 straight times,

but that doesn't seem to matter to Cleveland too much either. or SF.

And I haven't heard anyone trying to make a move for him yet

Garcia can be a very effective QB if he is put in the right system. I watched nearly every game he played in SF and, at the risk of saying this, he has "intangibles" or is a play maker. Lets not forget that about his stats:

2000 4278 yds, 31 TDs, 10 INTs, 414 rush yds, 4 rush TDs

2001 3538 yds ,32 TDs, 12 INTs, 254 rush yds, 5 rush TDs

2002 3344 yds, 21 TDs, 10 INTs, 353 rush yds, 3 rush TDs

2003 (13 games only) 2,704 yds, 18 TDs, 13 INTs, 319 rush yds, 7 rush TDs

I know all of you where drafting this guy in the top 5 QBs in your drafts all these years!

Garcia can be a very effective QB if he is put in the right system.  I watched nearly every game he played in SF and, at the risk of saying this, he has "intangibles" or is a play maker.  Lets not forget that about his stats:

2001  3538 yds ,32 TDs, 12 INTs,  254 rush yds, 5 rush TDs

2002  3344 yds, 21 TDs, 10 INTs,  353 rush yds, 3 rush TDs

2003 (13 games only)  2,704 yds, 18 TDs,  13 INTs, 319 rush yds, 7 rush TDs

I know all of you where drafting this guy in the top 5 QBs in your drafts all these years!

694169[/snapback]

You and Phenom are right. You just know these guys had or wanted him then. I didn't have a shot in my keeper league but had him in 2001. He's definitely better than "ok". Whether the injury has stuck with him or not, I don't know but, 7 rushing td's past season and 319 rush.yds. doesn't sound like his back is done for. You have to take the team he was playing for into account also last year. I think Detroit would be a good fit for him with the w/rs they have and with his ability to buy time in the pocket who knows. Could be a real nice fit, if the w/r stay healthy along with him.

Edited by jgcoach

Does anybody know if Detriot has cap room for Garcia?

Detriots D looked stellar last year and their running came was A+ towards the end of the season. I wonder if they got a true play maker in at QB if it would make a difference. Anybody care to chime in regarding Harrington and whether he will "take the next step" in his career or plateau where he is?

Garcia can be a very effective QB if he is put in the right system.  I watched nearly every game he played in SF and, at the risk of saying this, he has "intangibles" or is a play maker.  Lets not forget that about his stats:

2001  3538 yds ,32 TDs, 12 INTs,  254 rush yds, 5 rush TDs

2002  3344 yds, 21 TDs, 10 INTs,  353 rush yds, 3 rush TDs

2003 (13 games only)  2,704 yds, 18 TDs,  13 INTs, 319 rush yds, 7 rush TDs

694169[/snapback]

Looks like he peaked in 2000...definite downtrend in those stats...the opposite of what you'd like to see... :D

Looks like he peaked in 2000...definite downtrend in those stats...the opposite of what you'd like to see... :D

695718[/snapback]

Although a downtrend from a ridiculous 2000 and 2001 campaign still top ten #s in 2002, very near top 10 in 2003 even though he didnt play 4 games in 2003. I think he has enough gas in the tank for couple more years, but definatley not a guy you want to build a team around for the long haul. He could be a top 5 FF QB in many systems in the NFL right now: Chargers, Bucs, KC, Detroit, Denver,....

Edited by Pancake

Anybody care to chime in regarding Harrington and whether he will "take the next step" in his career or plateau where he is?

695630[/snapback]

Mariucci has stated that if the Lions can sign a veteran QB who is capable of starting, he will open up the position to a competition. Next year is definitely going to be "make or break" for Joey Ballgame.

Mariucci has stated that if the Lions can sign a veteran QB who is capable of starting, he will open up the position to a competition.  Next year is definitely going to be "make or break" for Joey Ballgame.

695888[/snapback]

Who has Harrington had to learn from, to actually sit behind and learn def. reads? I think Garcia would be great for him whether Garcia started or held a clipboard. Does Harrington have it? I don't know but, I think it could only help him having a vet QB on the team that would help him mature. I don't know a lot about Detroit so maybe someone that knows some more can chime in.

Who has Harrington had to learn from, to actually sit behind and learn def. reads? I think Garcia would be great for him whether Garcia started or held a clipboard. Does Harrington have it? I don't know but, I think it could only help him having a vet QB on the team that would help him mature. I don't know a lot about Detroit so maybe someone that knows some more can chime in.

695968[/snapback]

QB's like Troy Aikman said it was great for them to have someone help them on the sidelines. I quess Joey does need someone to give him some pointers