[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

da bears....................

seminoles

After seeing the thread about what the Giants need to do in the offseason, what do we need to do. Here are my suggestions in no particluar order:

1.Get another QB, NOT JEFF GEORGE

2.Draft Mike Williams, or get a WR in the FA

3.Improve and add depth to the OL (including TE)

4.Add depth to the secondary

For the draft picks i already said we should get Mike Williams but is there a guy in the early 2nd round that would really help any of the other problems??

Two words: Derrick Johnson!

Let's look at our track record of 1st round offensive picks:

2001 WR David Terrell

1999 QB Cade McNown

1998 RB Curtis Enis

1997 Traded to Seattle for QB Rick Mirer

1995 RB Rashaan Salaam

1993 WR Curtis Conway

1998 RB Brad Muster & WR Wendell Davis

1987 QB Jim Harbaugh

1986 RB Neal Anderson

In the past 20 years, only 3 Chicago first round picks have made it to the Pro-Bowl: LB Brian Urlacher, S Mark Carrier, and RB Neal Anderson. Stay away from offense. Build up the Monsters Of The Midway and get us the LB core from hell!

i can agree with all of the opinions so far on this post. it obviously depends on what we can obtain in free agency. as far as wide receivers go, there are a few guys out there that have some talent, but none (other than moss, i'm ruling him out) that i would really prefer over taking a chance on a rookie. so if they want until that 4th pick, i would rather see them take williams over edwards. in the bears offense with a young quarterback, a big physical receiver is better than another speedster. edwards is obviously more physical than terrell, but williams is still more physical.

so, if they don't go receiver, i'd like to see them do one of two things. the first would be to go after derrrick johnson as motm stated. he would make that linebacking core one of the top in the league. but i have to be honest, i wouldn't be surprised if he's gobbled up before that 4th pick. chances are san fran and cleveland go quarterback and miami goes running back, but all 3 could use linebacking help as well. remember, miami is in talks with about all of the higher ranked free agent running backs, so they could have that taken care of by the time the draft comes around. with there defense breaking down and breaking up this offseason, they might go after johnson.

my third option if they aren't going after those 2 would be to trade down a few postions and go after someone like alex barron. but most of the talk i have read and heard is that barron is a borderline top 10 guy. so the bears could trade down, possibly pick up another pick, and fill the needs up front. i have heard that they might go after walter jones, but i just can't get my head around that.

if they traded down in the first round, they could probably get barron and then take a chance on a receiver in the 2nd round, someone in the tier of reggie brown from georgia.

all in all, i think the bears have done pretty well in the middle rounds of the past few drafts. sometimes, the management actually makes me think they know what they are doing. i would like to see them REALLY get into free agency this year and try to go after some good players to fill holes.

ok, that's my opinion for now. i guess i can just hope the bears do well this offseason and come back with a team that can compete again.

Two words: Derrick Johnson!

Let's look at our track record of 1st round offensive picks:

2001 WR David Terrell

1999 QB Cade McNown

1998 RB Curtis Enis

1997 Traded to Seattle for QB Rick Mirer

1995 RB Rashaan Salaam

1993 WR Curtis Conway

1998 RB Brad Muster & WR Wendell Davis

1987 QB Jim Harbaugh

1986 RB Neal Anderson

In the past 20 years, only 3 Chicago first round picks have made it to the Pro-Bowl: LB Brian Urlacher, S Mark Carrier, and RB Neal Anderson.  Stay away from offense.  Build up the Monsters Of The Midway and get us the LB core from hell!

695859[/snapback]

Man, that is pathetic. I knew they had some bombs in there, but that is BAD :D

Well, Anderson, Conway, and Harbaugh had decent enough careers; Muster hung around for a while but was never much better than a journeyman, and who knows what Davis would have done had he not blown out both knees at the Vet - he showed nice promise until then.

But beyond them....ugh.