[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ATTENTION ALL ILLINI BASKETBALL FANS

Chargerz

Cakewalk now.

Weber will finally let them talk about it, since it's now a short term goal.

Northwestern and Purdue at home, Ohio State on the road.

Maybe a let down in one of those games, but I doubt it. If they were going to lose a game, today was the day in Iowa City, but they willed their way to a win.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cakewalk now.

Weber will finally let them talk about it, since it's now a short term goal.

Northwestern and Purdue at home, Ohio State on the road.

Maybe a let down in one of those games, but I doubt it. If they were going to lose a game, today was the day in Iowa City, but they willed their way to a win.

704983[/snapback]

I'm just a little worried about Ohio State. I'm thinking the Illini may be looking past them to the tournaments.

That March 6th game'll pretty much be the Bucks' post-season. I still think the Illini are too good, but I'd love to see them lose that game. Would be a nice reward for Matta and the boys.

It might also be better for the Illini overall, as they won't be carrying the weight of that win streak any longer. They can then win the B-10 tourney to regain momentum.

Guest dabears
Their ONLY hope to reach the Final Four is if they lose to Ohio State in their last game of the season. Which, by the way, they WILL!!  :D

707211[/snapback]

Speaking of WILL, those are call letters for the station I work at. Weber was here the other week doing an interview, thurs I think? Anyway, was b4 being on the Best D*** Sport Show. I was able to watch the taping, met him briefly and shook his hand. Very nice man. Never see him without a smile. Well...except when dumb fouls are called. Then he gets the wide-open-mouthedness :D

Go Illini!

84-48....a total Orange Crush job.

Simply remarkable--now a good 8 days off to rest before they clinch the Championship and then Ohio St. may give them a game, but if they're staring at a perfect Big Ten season, there is no way they'll let down for that one.

I L L

Guest dabears

Simply remarkable--now a good 8 days off to rest before they clinch the Championship and then Ohio St. may give them a game, but if they're staring at a perfect Big Ten season, there is no way they'll let down for that one.

I L L

709565[/snapback]

I think this game also put them at 25 big ten wins in a row. They are getting closer to the Indiana '74-'76 teams.

I L L

709565[/snapback]

I think this game also put them at 25 big ten wins in a row.  They are getting closer to the Indiana '74-'76 teams.

709792[/snapback]

Truly a ROMP!! Only 2 more to go to a perfect 30-0 season! :D

Guest dabears

Da boyz get the weekend off games and practice this weekend.

P-A-R-T-WHY? Actually, I bet they keep it to a low roar...

Purdue next Thurs...

Some good IL stuff here if anyone feels like surfing around. Mostly articles, schedules, some event listings...

Da boyz get the weekend off games and practice this weekend.

P-A-R-T-WHY?  Actually, I bet they keep it to a low roar...

Purdue next Thurs...

Some good IL stuff here if anyone feels like surfing around.  Mostly articles, schedules, some event listings...

712068[/snapback]

I already have the link, and it's a good one. Thanks! :D

Guest dabears

I've never rooted for Indiana, but really wanted the for sure sole ownership of the Big Ten. Can't believe they pulled it off last weekend.

Congrats to da boyz and all the Illinois fans! :D

Purdue should be an electric and exciting game to watch Thurs, Senior Day at the Assembly Hall. I'm mostly excited because Pee Head-Fish Stick Smith is going buh bye... Not that I don't think he added to the program, he has just been consistenly going downhill since mid last year. I will greatly miss Luther Head, he is a team player and has brought much to the Illinois court. He has a long stride, finishes his shots strong and plays a mean 2 guard position.

Buckeyes are 14-3 at home, 5-2 at home in the conference. Our only home losses are to Creighton (65-63), Minnesota (60-56), and Wisconsin (64-56). Three losses by an average of less than 5 points.

First game at Illinois the game was close (46-40) at the half and still close (62-55) with 11 minutes.

I expect OSU to make it a game down to the end.

It would be in the best interest of the Illini to drop a game or two before the tourney.

699190[/snapback]

I forget exactly where I read the article, but i just recently saw that teams entering the tournament UNDEFEATED have a higher winning percentage then teams entering the tournament with 1 or 2 losses.

Maybe it was Sporting News??

E

I forget exactly where I read the article, but i just recently saw that teams entering the tournament UNDEFEATED have a higher winning percentage then teams entering the tournament with 1 or 2 losses.

Maybe it was Sporting News??

E

718122[/snapback]

That's very interesting. If you ever find that reference, I'd love to read it.

Guest dabears
That's very interesting. If you ever find that reference, I'd love to read it.

718201[/snapback]

I would too.

I'm not very superstitious, but found that nobody has won a tourney/championship when they make the cover of SI beforehand. Dee made the cover, its the shot of him vs Mich St after he made one of his long 3 pointers. Kerry Wood (Cubs) made it in 2003 - remember how close they came?

The Illini MANHANDLED Purdue tonight!!!!!

29-0!!!

:D:D:D:D

One more to go at Ohio State in two days, and the perfect season is in the books!!!

Edited by Chargerz

Guest dabears

The ceremony before the game was pretty emotional for the coaches, but was a lot of fun for the fans. Weber bought Kaeding (sp) a couple new suits :D

...was an ongoing joke between the two. When Weber first worked for Purdue, he made 4 g's a year.

Dee was just on fire. That 3 pointer before the half was unbelievable.

Dee was just on fire.  That 3 pointer before the half was unbelievable.

720551[/snapback]

I know. Some of those 3-pointers were from WAY DOWNTOWN!!!!! :bigshock: :bigshock:

I think this loss is the best thing that could have happened to the Illini. They mailed in the second half and now they know that results in a loss! I expect them to come out with a vengence in the tourneys to follow.

I think this loss is the best thing that could have happened to the Illini. They mailed in the second half and now they know that results in a loss! I expect them to come out with a vengence in the tourneys to follow.

722851[/snapback]

It's a bummer to lose a perfect season by 2 points, but I like the spin you put on this loss! :D

722851[/snapback]

They mailed in the second half?? Are you freakin' kiddin' me? How about, they got out-hustled and outplayed by a bunch of fearless, scrappy kids with no-where near the talent level of your team?

Illinois WANTED this game like nobody's business..Ask Luther, Dee and Deron if they mailed it in. Did you see the fire and passion in their eyes through the second half?

If Thad can get these hacks to perform to such a level, I can only be giddy about what he does when he gets a couple of good players!!

They mailed in the second half?? Are you freakin' kiddin' me? How about, they got out-hustled and outplayed by a bunch of fearless, scrappy kids with no-where near the talent level of your team?

Illinois WANTED this game like nobody's business..Ask Luther, Dee and Deron if they mailed it in. Did you see the fire and passion in their eyes through the second half?

If Thad can get these hacks to perform to such a level, I can only be giddy about what he does when he gets a couple of good players!!

722881[/snapback]

I'm sure we watched the same game but we saw it differently. The Illini werent nearly as quick nor were their passes as sharp in the second half. The shooting was off and I saw more than a few guys standing in place waiting for someone to do something! I will take nothing away from Ohio St as they played an inspired game to say the least. This isnt the first game this year where I felt the Illini tried to coast a bit. Off to the really meaningful games now!