[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings sold?

BillyBalata

From KFFL on Vikings sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Sale of Team for $625 Million Worked Out; Approval Pending - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:44:49 -0800

Mike Jurecki, of XTRA Sports 910, reports Arizona businessman Reggie Fowler has reached an agreement with Minnesota Vikings owner Red McCombs to purchase the Vikings for $625 million. The Vikings are expected to make an announcement of the deal from team headquarters Monday, Feb. 14. The investment group is made up of Fowler and three businessmen from New York, with Fowler serving as the general partner. The deal is still pending league and owner's approval.

------------------------------------------------------------

The owners are from Arizona and New York, so it's not like a group is buying them just to move them to their hometown.. on the other hand, they don't have any particular ties to the Minnesota area, LA is MUCH closer to Arizona, and the 2nd biggest market in the US is appealing.. I'd say this might increase the chance of a Vikings move.

The owners are from Arizona and New York, so it's not like a group is buying them just to move them to their hometown.. on the other hand, they don't have any particular ties to the Minnesota area, LA is MUCH closer to Arizona, and the 2nd biggest market in the US is appealing.. I'd say this might increase the chance of a Vikings move.

696446[/snapback]

Arizona could use a football team. :D

The bad thing is, this wait and see will most likely keep the Vikings out of the free agent market. So much for that nice cap room again.  :D

696592[/snapback]

That reminds me of when Tom Clancy was bidding on the team and Roger Headrick was signing players for more money right and left just to piss him off.

If Taylor was going to be the savior as it seems it's all I am hearing here at work this morning...then why has he been doing NOTHING the last few months and years? Screw him.

The thing I am waiting to hear about at this afternoon's press conference is if Denny Hecker is still involved in the purchase. If so...that provides the local connection and should alleviate anyone's concerns about the team being moved.

I also like how Fowlers group intends on building their own stadium without any state funding. You'd think more people around here would be excited about that. :D

There will be plenty of oppurtunities for the team to be active in free agency.

It makes me laugh when people around here talk about Taylor coming to the Vikes rescue, too. Bottom line is that he is a businessman and has no intention of overpaying for them. And Denny Hecker is an even a bigger joke. Nothing like trading a Texas used car salesman for a local used car salesman.

There is some speculation I've heard that says the Minnesota legislature would try to drive an even harder bargain with Taylor concerning public financing of a stadium just because of the local angle. They may not be as afraid of him moving the team since he has so many local ties. Make no mistake, if he bought the Vikes and no new stadium was in place by 2011, this team would be the L.A. Vikings in a second.

If Taylor was going to be the savior as it seems it's all I am hearing here at work this morning...then why has he been doing NOTHING the last few months and years? Screw him.

The thing I am waiting to hear about at this afternoon's press conference is if Denny Hecker is still involved in the purchase. If so...that provides the local connection and should alleviate anyone's concerns about the team being moved.

I also like how Fowlers group intends on building their own stadium without any state funding. You'd think more people around here would be excited about that. :D

There will be plenty of oppurtunities for the team to be active in free agency.

696615[/snapback]

There's no guarantee that Fowler and his NY real estate investors aren't lying about their intent to build and fund their own stadium in MN. Whose to say they don't try to do the same thing in LA where they could undoubtedly greatly increase their profits over building something in MN? It's no secret that the NFL wants back into LA. They can play the same card as McCombs and give outrageous demands to the state legislature which they know can't and won't be met and then blame them for forcing a move to LA when all along that is the intention. The love for Taylor and the fear of Fowler or any other outside group is rooted in the fear that the team will be moved. Most people believe that the local boy Taylor would ensure the team stayed in MN. He's already stepped up to the plate once and kept the T-Wolves from moving. He's been in play in the past in an effort to keep the Twins from moving. This is why die-hard MN sports fans have a liking of the guy. That said, he has had plenty of opportunities to step up and buy the team but he won't spend the money necessary to do so. He doesn't seem to understand that his investment will reap great rewards if only he were willing to overpay now just a little.

696615[/snapback]

great another car salesman as owner that all we need... come on glen get it done

great another car salesman as owner that all we need... come on glen get it done

696815[/snapback]

What...a banker and owning printing companies is any better?

Yea, Glenn stepped up this weekend and made a larger offer. Instead of his firm stance that he won't go above 452 mill, he has now upped his offfer....he said he'd be willing to pay $400 mill now and then another $200 mill when the new stadium is built. Or $500 now and then $50 mill when the stadium was built. Or $450 now and $80 mill more in 2009.

Glenn Taylor has had nothing to do the Twins still being around.

Fowler has been house shopping in MN the last few weeks. His group has been working with the county of Anoka, which has previously gotten approval on a sales tax to raise $240 mill for whatever owner is willing to build in their county. Fowler and his group are working on purchasing 740 acres of land in the city of Blaine. A new stadium to be built will be the centerpiece of their planned development which is said to total $1.5 billon when all is said and done. They plan on building the bars, hotels, restuarants, and houses around the stadium. They'll be raking in profits from all these ventures, not just the Vikings.

All of this sounds like a lot better plan to me then anything Taylor has come up with so far...other then he supposedly has friends still in the legistlature that will help him in his quest for a stadium, he hasn't come up with anything!

What...a banker and owning printing companies is any better?

Yea, Glenn stepped up this weekend and made a larger offer. Instead of his firm stance that he won't go above 452 mill, he has now upped his offfer....he said he'd be willing to pay $400 mill now and then another $200 mill when the new stadium is built. Or $500 now and then $50 mill when the stadium was built. Or $450 now and $80 mill more in 2009.

Glenn Taylor has had nothing to do the Twins still being around.

Fowler has been house shopping in MN the last few weeks. His group has been working with the county of Anoka, which has previously gotten approval on a sales tax to raise $240 mill for whatever owner is willing to build in their county. Fowler and his group are working on purchasing 740 acres of land in the city of Blaine. A new stadium to be built will be the centerpiece of their planned development which is said to total $1.5 billon when all is said and done. They plan on building the bars, hotels, restuarants, and houses around the stadium. They'll be raking in profits from all these ventures, not just the Vikings.

All of this sounds like a lot better plan to me then anything Taylor has come up with so far...other then he supposedly has friends still in the legistlature that will help him in his quest for a stadium, he hasn't come up with anything!

696912[/snapback]

glen will spend money on free agents... dont know if the new group will... and the last time the vikes were owned buy a group worked out real well :D:D

if i remember right clancy also bought a house in MN before that non sale B)

Glen has had plenty of opportunities to buy the Vikes. He hasn't. He isn't. BillyBalata is on his payroll. Billy, will Glen bring in free agents with money as no object? :D

I'm just getting tired of seeing Taylor's name pop up and how disappointed everyone is that he isn't buying the team. I've never seen a single story on Fowler with out mentioning Taylor's name, ever. That isn't right.

Edited by MikesVikes

Glen has had plenty of opportunities to buy the Vikes.  He hasn't.  He isn't.  BillyBalata is on his payroll.  Billy, will Glen bring in free agents with money as no object?   :D

I'm just getting tired of seeing Taylor's name pop up and how disappointed everyone is that he isn't buying the team.  I've never seen a single story on Fowler with out mentioning Taylor's name, ever.  That isn't right.

697102[/snapback]

:eek: Glenn's brother is touring our plant as I type this. I think I may be in trouble for bashing Glenn all morning. :D

Edited by BillyBalata