[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trevor Pryce

NAUgrad

According to the Denver Post, Trevor Pryce is up for trade.

Broncos hope four-time Pro Bowl defensive end attracts high pick

By Bill Williamson

Denver Post Staff Writer

Post file

Pryce has the highest salary cap number on the roster for next season.

Honolulu - In a somewhat surprising development, the Broncos have decided to shop four-time Pro Bowl defensive end Trevor Pryce.

According to three teams that have talked to Pryce's agent, Peter Schaffer, Pryce would be offered for draft picks.

The Broncos likely would get a high to midround pick for Pryce, who played in just two games last season because of an injury.

"We're focused on finding the best place for Trevor for 2005 and beyond. The only issue here is the uncertainty of where he will be," Schaffer said Sunday.

Schaffer said he started testing the market only after the Broncos told him of their plans. "This is not Trevor's doing. He did not ask for this. The Broncos came to us, and this is what they want to do, and I need to help find the best place for Trevor."

Besides the Broncos changing their defensive formation, Pryce has the highest salary cap number on the roster for next season: $9,166,00.

you've got it backwards.  pryce was a tackle most of his career, then they tried moving him to end in 2003.

696738[/snapback]

Your right, I did get it backwards.

Another thought, maybe Denver really is looking at moving to a 3-4 scheme and realize that he's really not a good fit with that lineup.

Your right, I did get it backwards.

Another thought, maybe Denver really is looking at moving to a 3-4 scheme and realize that he's really not a good fit with that lineup.

696802[/snapback]

actually, IMO, he's the one player in their whole front seven (except for maybe al wilson, and one or two other d-linemen) who seems like a natural fit in a 3-4. a guy who is sort of a tackle/end tweener in a 4-3, stout against the run, but also a good pass rusher...sounds like a prototype 3-4 DE to me.

with the 3-4 rumors and now this...i'm sure they have some idea what they're trying to do, but i have to admit i sure can't see it from here :D