[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Rb coming out of college ?

The Outfit

From what I have gathered, it is looked on as a three man race for RBs with Cedric Benson (UT), Cadillac Williams (Auburn) and Ronnie Brown (Auburn) with Benson the consensus best back in the draft.

I've followed Benson since he was considered the "super-prep" coming out of high school in Texas. Think Ricky Williams less the whackiness.

So far it seems that those three RBs are all pegged as top 10 picks in the first round and probably no other RB will go in the first round.

I saw Cedric Benson twice last season and I wasn't that impressed.

699674[/snapback]

The couple of times I saw him he looked pretty sharp. Being a Dolphins fan and knowing were in need of a RB, I tried to watch some of the young guys in college as much as I could. What about him didn't you like?

I have to say that of all the RB's in the draft, I like the looks of Cadillac Williams the best.

I saw Cedric Benson twice last season and I wasn't that impressed.

699674[/snapback]

I saw Ronnie Brown a couple of times last season and was very impressed. I think he's the most ready to contribute. The only question on him is whether he can handle a full load for a full season. Not because he's injury prone, but because he's never had to while sharing the backfield with Cadillac.

I saw Ronnie Brown a couple of times last season and was very impressed.  I think he's the most ready to contribute.  The only question on him is whether he can handle a full load for a full season.  Not because he's injury prone, but because he's never had to while sharing the backfield with Cadillac.

699690[/snapback]

I agree with your pick or Ronnie Brown. He looks like the best RB that I have seen this year. I was more impressed with him than Williams. I watched Benson a few times and was not impresses at all.

Benson is the best out there. Brown and Williams are a step down, but still high first round material. Morency would be a steal in the mid to late second round, but should probably go in the late first or early second.

Benson is the best out there.  Brown and Williams are a step down, but still high first round material.  Morency would be a steal in the mid to late second round, but should probably go in the late first or early second.

699754[/snapback]

He probably is the best, I didn't watch him all season, but I wasn't impressed in the 2 games that I did see him in.

He probably is the best, I didn't watch him all season, but I wasn't impressed in the 2 games that I did see him in.

699781[/snapback]

I'm guessing the two games you saw him were the Rose Bowl and the Red River Shoot-out. If so, I can see why you were not impressed, though in both cases the D's were keying on him. That is the reason Vince Young was able to go off in the Rose Bowl, because Michigan was keying on Benson. If Texas had the receiving threats that Auburn had, I doubt that Williams and Brown would even be mentioned in the same breath with Benson. Benson is what carried the Longhorns.

I saw Ronnie Brown a couple of times last season and was very impressed.  I think he's the most ready to contribute.  The only question on him is whether he can handle a full load for a full season.  Not because he's injury prone, but because he's never had to while sharing the backfield with Cadillac.

699690[/snapback]

I hope the Panthers pick Brown.

I'm not sure if the Panthers need a RB.

700161[/snapback]

Well Davis is likely on his way out. Foster is an injury concern. I'm not sure if Goings can carry the load the whole year. Although you can never have too many RB's I think Carolina has needs to fill elsewhere....like O-line and maybe WR if Muhammed (sp?) leaves. The homers probably know better than I do.

Edited by Sam

Just wondering what everyone thinks....

699603[/snapback]

My sleeper is TA McClendon from N.C. State. Saw him play a few times last season and the kid is a freak. He does fumble a lot, but he has good size, tremendous elusiveness, and speed. He breaks more tackles than any college back I have ever seen, as it usually took 2-3 tacklers to get him down.

I watched him play Miami, OSU, and FSU with NFL caliber talent and he was a stud against them as well. I have never seen anyone run with so much power and elusiveness to go along with good speed.

Only thing that will hurt him is his fumblitis.

Mark it down for posterity, if he can cure the fumble problems, he has the potential to be the best back in the draft.

Well Davis is likely on his way out.  Foster is an injury concern.  I'm not sure if Goings can carry the load the whole year.  Although you can never have too many RB's I think Carolina has needs to fill elsewhere....like O-line and maybe WR if Muhammed (sp?) leaves.  The homers probably know better than I do.

700359[/snapback]

They're trying to re-structure Muhammed's contract and it looks like he's willing to work with them. They plan on addressing the o-line in either the draft or free agency. I couldn't have said it any better regarding their rb situation.

My sleeper is TA McClendon from N.C. State.  Saw him play a few times last season and the kid is a freak.  He does fumble a lot, but he has good size, tremendous elusiveness, and speed.  He breaks more tackles than any college back I have ever seen, as it usually took 2-3 tacklers to get him down.

I watched him play Miami, OSU, and FSU with NFL caliber talent and he was a stud against them as well.  I have never seen anyone run with so much power and elusiveness to go along with good speed. 

Only thing that will hurt him is his fumblitis.

Mark it down for posterity, if he can cure the fumble problems, he has the potential to be the best back in the draft.

700387[/snapback]

McClendon also gets hurt a lot, but he's a great between the tackles runner.

McClendon also gets hurt a lot, but he's a great between the tackles runner.

700406[/snapback]

Very true, forgot to mention that. I think getting into a more disciplined NFL training program will help with that.

If he can stay healthy and stop fumbling, has a chance to make some team look very smart. From what I have seen on the college landscape this season, I don't think there is anyone out there with more upside.

I'm not sure if the Panthers need a RB.

700161[/snapback]

Davis is on his way out. Foster hasn't proven he can stay healthy. Is Goings the future?

Unless they can get Benson or Brown though they're probably better off going in another direction in the 1st and waiting until the 2nd or 3rd to address RB. This RB class is supposedly very deep.

I know i will get hammered by fellow huddlers for this pick but IMO D.Sproles will be the absolute steal of the upcoming draft.He may be small but he has speed and elusiveness and will probably end up with a contender and show immediate results.I can see him being a match-up nightmare for linebackers coming out of the backfield just like B.Westbrook.