[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your top 5 in a Dynasty League

wolfden1

Innaugural Draft (rookies too) of a new Dynasty League. Performance Scoring, 1 pt. per reception, 6 pts all TDs. 16 teams, although that may not matter much for picks 1-5 (would affect the bottom half of the 1st and the 2nd round more). Can keep up to 15 of a 20-man roster indefinitely. Draft's not till August, so things will of course change. But for now, who's your top 5??

I think in a dynasty draft you try to get a combination of win now/plan for later. You don't want to take too many chances early because you can get your long term value later. That being said, my top 5 would be:

1. LT

2. Manning

3. S. Alexander

4. Culpepper

5. McNabb

Main reason it's so QB heavy right now is the 6 points per all touchdowns. You may sub in McGahee for McNabb right now, and with a 16 team draft RB's will be at a premium. You could also make a point for Westbrook at the 5th spot over McNabb and McGahee with the 1 point per reception. Good question, and a lot will change between now and August.

I would just a little different. I play in a league that just swtiched to 6-pts for all td's last year and Manning was a stud. He and Culpepper outscored everyone, obviously. I would rank them this way.

1. Manning

2. LT

3. Culpepper

4. McGahee

5. Alexander

Honorable mention to D Davis, this guy is a monster with the 1-pt per catch and I would consider putting him ahead of Alexander, but that is a tough call.

I would just a little different.  I play in a league that just swtiched to 6-pts for all td's last year and Manning was a stud.  He and Culpepper outscored everyone, obviously.  I would rank them this way.

1. Manning

2. LT

3. Culpepper

4. McGahee

5. Alexander

Honorable mention to D Davis, this guy is a monster with the 1-pt per catch and I would consider putting him ahead of Alexander, but that is a tough call.

701456[/snapback]

I thought about D. Davis as well, and you could make a case for him in place of McGahee. With the QB questions now in Buffalo, I think Davis is a safer pick.

Well, with the Moss trade CPep has just dropped out of my top 5.  Anyone else?

710749[/snapback]

Right now it depends on who they get at WR to replace Moss. I would still move him out, but if they get someone like Braylon he could still be the #2 QB next year.

But I agree, not sure he is top 5 and I would probably move him out and move D Davis in.

I would just a little different.  I play in a league that just swtiched to 6-pts for all td's last year and Manning was a stud.  He and Culpepper outscored everyone, obviously.  I would rank them this way.

1. Manning

2. LT

3. Culpepper

4. McGahee

5. Alexander

701456[/snapback]

I would have agreed with this if the Moss deal didn't happen.

If your league has 6-point QB TDs, Manning's #1. Otherwise, it's LT.

So, I'd go - generally speaking - like this:

1. LT

2. Manning

3. Alexander

4. McGahee

and 5., since Moss is most likely gone, would be Julius Jones.

Honorable mention to Davis, if he can stay healthy and has cured his fumblitis.

Edited by darin3

I would have agreed with this if the Moss deal didn't happen.

If your league has 6-point QB TDs, Manning's #1.  Otherwise, it's LT.

So, I'd go - generally speaking - like this:

1.  LT

2.  Manning

3.  Alexander

4.  McGahee

and 5., since Moss is most likely gone, would be Julius Jones.

Honorable mention to Davis, if he can stay healthy and has cured his fumblitis.

712288[/snapback]

I think I'd still put Davis up there instead of Jones.

Mainly because of the one point per reception. I think it is safe to say we don't know Jones' potential yet in that category.

Edited by Chief Dick

Is D.Davis 100% healthy?  I've never been sold on this guy...wasn't he battling Hollings at some point last year for carries?  Not to mention J.Wells?  I'm just a bit surprised to see him cracking a lot of top 5's.

713864[/snapback]

You know I was thinking about this but DD is such a stud RB IMO that it would be amazing to see this guy late 1st round