[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tedy Bruschi hosptalized...

Dr. Rock

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed - mild stroke. He's walking and talking and seems okay, but his football career could very well be over.

702571[/snapback]

Wow. :bigshock: I don't care for the Pats, but you never want to see something like that happen to any player. Well, 'cept maybe for "the peoples champion" :D

Shoulda left the roids alone!

701333[/snapback]

Calling you a moron is an insult to morons! If you have proof, offer it up; otherwise, keep your cakehole shut. Bruschi is a class act and deserves our thoughts and prayers during this time, not moronic speculation from pimply faced, "look how tough I am behind the keyboard" adolescent (or adolescent-acting) idiots.

There! I believe that is my only post of the year. I usually just read and learn from the intelligent folks on this board but this one I couldn't pass by without venting.

So from that nhoops, I take it you know Bruschi personally? 'Cause he sure has all the classic looks of a roider to me. But if you know for a fact that he ain't doing roids, then I apologise.

However if you don't and you're just flapping your gums then

:D  :D  :D  B) right back at ya!  :D

702220[/snapback]

I don't know him personally but he is no David Boston.

For everything he does for the community around here and all the press he gets and little glimpses into his personal life, it's hard to believe that he is a 'roider. They do test for these things in the NFL (and I know they can be masked).

If he is then I've been a fool and will admitt it.

Wow....I sincerely hope Tedy is alright. B) 31 is WAY too young to be worrying about something like this.

While anabolic steroids can increase risk (not saying he does them)....in younger stroke victims, sleep apnea, a history of migraines and a familial history are more likely to be high risk factors. Diabetics are also higher risk.

I think we can rule out Tedi being a couch potato. :D

Get well soon, Tedi!

:D

Steroids can increase the chance of heart disease and stroke but that is all speculative and we'll likely never know what the cause is. Just as good a chance is that he had some condition that was genetic or had been present all his life that was unknown. Figure that he had his problem during what has to be the least stressful time in his life - after the season and after a Super Bowl and Pro bowl.

It is always sad to see anyone with a problem like that - athlete or not. Hopefully he can recover fully though I have seen nothing about a diagnosis or a prognosis since it is all being kept rather quiet now. There are no reporting requirements in the offseason for a player health, so we may not know anything.

Strokes aren't common in anyone, really, but they can strike at any age. There was a guy on the news last night who had one when he was 14. :D He's partially paralyzed on his right side, but ran a marathon last year.

703004[/snapback]

14?......that's incredible. Kudos on running in a marathon.....whew!

Hopefully he can recover fully though I have seen nothing about a diagnosis or a prognosis since it is all being kept rather quiet now. There are no reporting requirements in the offseason for a player health, so we may not know anything.

703012[/snapback]

According to a Dr in the below linked story:

"Dr. David Liebeskind, associate neurology director of the UCLA Stroke Center in Los Angeles, said Bruschi's reported state of health indicated he had a good chance of recovery -- and could possibly resume his playing career.

``Based on the fact that he's walking and talking, in a 31-year-old, it sounds like he could be able to play'' football again, Liebeskind told The Associated Press. ``A lot of people who have strokes while young tend to have no effects later. ... But things could change quickly. If he happens to have some numbness that persists, that may affect his playing.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oD...ov=ap&type=lgns

Sad for anyone to have to suffer through that.

Anyone watch ER last night?  Had something sorta similar.

703100[/snapback]

Yep

First, let me say...

Big Score you are a complete moron...and I've never called anybody anything on this board before--not even Spain or Ryan... :D

Tedy is being released from the hospital as I write this. I take that as a good sign. We won't know his prognosis for a while. Everything is pure speculation at this point.

It has been front page news here for two days. He is highly respected by all. The fact that he took less money to stay here made him a cult hero. He is a real class act, in a day of me-first.

Get well Tedy. We need you. :bawling:

Look for him to throw out the first ball at Fenway on opening day against the Yankees...right after they raise the banner. :D

Confirmed - mild stroke. He's walking and talking and seems okay, but his football career could very well be over.

702571[/snapback]

Wow!!! :bigshock: :D That sucks!!! I'd say I'm pretty much a PAT's hater, but of all of them, I did like Bruschi.......He was one of those guys that seemed to play truely because he loved the game, and that was evident by the fact that he structured his own contract without an agent. (from what I heard).

Hope he can play again!!