[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis' value next year

Duchess Jack

I understand he was traded for a carton of cigarettes and a shiv to be named later.

701691[/snapback]

:D

But seriously, the real question will be if he can overcome the effects of his jail time, both emotionally and physically, to be a factor in 2005. I think he can!

Edited by Chargerz

He's still a late first round draft pick in most 12 team leagues. I am sure the jail time he is getting is soft, and he has played for two years now with this thing hanging over his head. I don't expect to see any jail hangover. He practically grew up in a jail..... he's no stranger to the streets and that sort of environment. Bsides, he's still pretty fast! :D

Hard to tell. I could see him falling into the second round in a lot of drafts. My guess is people will draft a safe pick in the first round, and turn around and grab him when the draft snakes back.

I see him somewhere in the 15th-16th player taken in a 12 teamer, and whoever grabs him in that slot will be in a good position.

I think he rebounds next year.

I truly wish I would've come just one more year earlier. To tell the honest truth I never believed in the inflation of that season. Now I'm not saying I called his trial but I just never saw him as a primier RB.

But to answer the question I truly don't believe their is any value to Lewis. With all of these arising RBs he ranks very low in my standings.

Jamal should still have a good year next year. I'd say 1300-1600 yards and 9-12 touchdowns.

The Ravens should be an improved offensive team with Fassel at the OC spot. If the gameplan opens up, it should mean improved TD production for Jamal.

I'd feel very comfortable drafting Jamal towards the end of the first round.

Jamal posted just over 1000 yards and 7 touchdowns and only played in 12 games, at 4.3 ypc average. Still not bad for a down year.

Edited by Swampnuts

After doing all of those "special" stretching exercises in jail, he should be ready to go.....He really enjoys the one when he keeps his kness straight and bends over and touches his toes...... :D

702749[/snapback]

Could become the NFL's first bowlegged runner.

702996[/snapback]

I don't think so. :D

After doing all of those "special" stretching exercises in jail, he should be ready to go.....He really enjoys the one when he keeps his kness straight and bends over and touches his toes...... :D

702749[/snapback]

:MrT.Voice: Slow down - cum too fast - clench my butt cheeks and rip off yer d... :MrT.Voice:

Jamal should still have a good year next year. I'd say 1300-1600 yards and 9-12 touchdowns.

The Ravens should be an improved offensive team with Fassel at the OC spot. If the gameplan opens up, it should mean improved TD production for Jamal.

I'd feel very comfortable drafting Jamal towards the end of the first round.

Jamal posted just over 1000 yards and 7 touchdowns and only played in 12 games, at 4.3 ypc average. Still not bad for a down year.

703592[/snapback]

I agree...Jam will still have it in him. A little jailtime and booty won't hurt him. It may just piss him off enough to cum out running. :D

I'd take JJ ... though JL should come into the season in shape from running away from "fans" in the block ...

703879[/snapback]

Uhhh I think I'd take JJones over ALOT of other RBs, not just Jailbird Lewis. He's going to be a uber-stud next season.

I will stay far, far away from Lewis in next seasons' drafts. Unless, by some stretch of the imagination, he slips down to a mid-2nd round pick in one of my 10-team leagues.

• 3 weeks later...
  Now I'm not saying I called his trial but I just never saw him as a primier RB. 

702710[/snapback]

Didn't he break the record for most yards in a game and almost break the record for most yards in a season while playing on a team with virtually no passing attack?

Didn't he break the record for most yards in a game and almost break the record for most yards in a season while playing on a team with virtually no passing attack?

740901[/snapback]

bingo, we have a winner. then again he had an AWESOME ol but still JL was amazing