[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The who cares signing of the day

TJOLIRPH

Buccaneers sign QB Akili Smith

NFL.com wire reports

TAMPA, Fla. (Feb. 18, 2005) -- Former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Akili Smith has signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Smith was the third player selected in the 1999 NFL Draft, but only appeared in 22 games -- with 17 starts -- in four disappointing seasons with the Bengals. He signed with Green Bay before the 2003 season, but did not make the team.

With Cincinnati, Smith completed 215 of 461 passes for 2,212 yards, five touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

Smith already had agreed to play in NFL Europe although he was not affiliated with any NFL team. The Bucs said he will play for the Frankfurt Galaxy.

Question is he the starter until Simms is ready? If so, can the Bucs go back to the NFC north?

Edited by TJOLIRPH

Buccaneers sign QB Akili Smith 

NFL.com wire reports 

TAMPA, Fla. (Feb. 18, 2005) -- Former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Akili Smith has signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Smith was the third player selected in the 1999 NFL Draft, but only appeared in 22 games -- with 17 starts -- in four disappointing seasons with the Bengals. He signed with Green Bay before the 2003 season, but did not make the team.

With Cincinnati, Smith completed 215 of 461 passes for 2,212 yards, five touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

Smith already had agreed to play in NFL Europe although he was not affiliated with any NFL team. The Bucs said he will play for the Frankfurt Galaxy.

Question is he the starter until Simms is ready? If so, can the Bucs go back to the NFC north?

703193[/snapback]

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D

I'm in the mood to be depressed today.

Somebody tell me what Akili is gonna make this year (I assume it's league minimum) if he makes the team.

I want to compare what I make workin' my arse off to what Akili-freakin'-Smith is gonna make for suckin'.

703220[/snapback]

republican response

I wish him all the luck in the world.  Hopefully he makes the best of his chance.

703398[/snapback]

democratic response

hey its a slow day :D jig jig

I'm in the mood to be depressed today.

Somebody tell me what Akili is gonna make this year (I assume it's league minimum) if he makes the team.

I want to compare what I make workin' my arse off to what Akili-freakin'-Smith is gonna make for suckin'.

703220[/snapback]

Akili craps a bigger pension than you will probably make in the next decade. Feel better? :D

I don't understand this at all :D

Smith was not prepared when he was put in the starting role in Cincy, he sucked, and he never recovered from it.

Given his NFL track record, No team will EVER give him the starting job again. Why waste the roster spot?? There's better players out there with less mental baggage.