[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawk news! Hass to sign...

Bonehand

Hawks fans, do you think Seattle will now try to deal Alexander or will he remain for another season?

707367[/snapback]

I think the Hawks will quietly shop him to see where the best deals lie, and what works best with their plans to bolster the D. Whether he gets dealt, IMO, depends on his attitude about things. I think the whole "back stabbing" comment really ticked off a lot of the veterans, so if he is very disgruntled about about his sitch, or gives indications that he will hold out, I can see him getting dealt.

You know Rajn, either way I'm happy. Alexander had his best year ever LY in a contract year, so I like to have him playing for something. But if he's gone and we get a first rounder, that's cool too. I believe that with the Seahawks line intact we can still be competitive with someone else in the backfield, if it comes to that.

What a day for us Hawks fans!!!

This is the best possible situation for the team. Hass is signed with Alexander gettin' the tag. With the glut of available backs and the deep draft class I doubt anyone will cough up big $ plus two first rounders for the rights to Shaun.

Now go sign Derrick Mason!!!!!

Hawks fans, do you think Seattle will now try to deal Alexander or will he remain for another season?

707367[/snapback]

John Clayton stated there isn't much of a market for RB's..Tampa Bay being maybe the onle one and it seemed like Pittman ran pretty good for them last year.

Why pay out the ass for Alexander when you will likely get Cedric Benson with the 1.2 pick? :D

707877[/snapback]

or Ronnie Brown, or Cadillac , etc. etc.

This is a fairly deep draft for RB's- Miami would be wise to go the young stud route and build around him.

Why pay out the ass for Alexander when you will likely get Cedric Benson with the 1.2 pick? :D

707877[/snapback]

Well, they have the cap room, and this only gives Alexander a one year lease. They may well still draft an RB, getting ready for next year, when alexander probably walks.

Can you say DOLPHINS?

707865[/snapback]

They don't have the cap room. They are $17 million over the cap now as it is. Dolphins can cut Fiedler, Seau, and Boston to get underneath, but that still doesn't clear enough cash for a blockbuster RB.