Bledsoe to the Cowboys

Guest Sores

I've had it...I want Parcells fired. I've been patient, but this man is no longer capable of leading an NFL franchise. Bledsoe is worse than Testaverde...I just don't get this move...at all!

708330[/snapback]

No offense, but who's out there to get??

Garcia maybe, but he doesn't fit Bill's style of play.

Would you rather they go with Henson?

Edited by Swampnuts

They shouldn't of gone with Testaverde in the first place. They shouldn't have drafted Quincy Carter in the second round when he was projected as a fifth rounder. Now, they got nothing. Bledsoe is just slightly better than nothing. Slightly.

Minus five years. :D

708404[/snapback]

Yeah, I was gonna type 1995. Then I realized Keyshawn and George weren't in the league until '96. Bledsoe's rookie year was 1993. It seems like they've been around longer than that, doesn't it? Or maybe I'm just getting old. Time flies when you're having fun!

No offense, but who's out there to get??

Garcia maybe, but he doesn't fit Bill's style of play.

Would you rather they go with Henson?

708400[/snapback]

Henson should have been starting half way through last season, when they were 2-6. Now Bledsoe is going to start (he has said publicly he does not want to be a backup) and this team is going to regress even further. Do you think Julius Jones will see 8 man fronts now that the statue is back there?? Parcells also wants to go to a 3-4 on D and the Cowboys simply don't have the personal, which in essence nullifies the extra first round pick they have because it creates more holes to fill. Nice strategy Parcells.

Hey, he's a class A guy.

I don't think he will bring Dallas to a championship,

but he's good to start for know while they groom a younger QB.

Don't really know to much about Henson, but Parcells seems to be

careful about giving him playing time.

I was happy to have him in Buffalo when he played well,

but it was time for him to move on.

And Parcells drafted him.

I don't think Henson is the answer in Dallas. Bledsoe is an upgrade from Testy, but they need to draft a QB IMO. The formula that won them 3 Super Bowls in the 90's could certainly work again, but all they have is Jones right now.

I'm not high on bledsoe at all, but on the other hand, i don't really see too many other options at this point.  He did play fairly well down the stretch last year, and if they can sign someone like Coles or Mason, maybe he can have a decent year.

708488[/snapback]

Agreed - they definitely need another receiver. I still hate that they got rid of Bryant for a turd.

Agreed - they definitely need another receiver. I still hate that they got rid of Bryant for a turd.

708494[/snapback]

Yep. Bledsoe can hopefully hold down the fort for 3/4 of the season or so while Julius Jones stays healthy an entire season and carries the Boys to a 6-4 record before the young stud QB takes over. :wakesfromdream:

The last few choices at QB for the Cowboys have puzzled me.

Carter - Mistake

Hutchinson - Mistake

Romo - Won't let him play to see if he was a mistake

Henson - Mistake

Testeverde - Mistake

But as far as Bledsoe goes I am cautiously optimistic.

As bad as a lot of people are saying he is I think he is the type of QB that can lead a team to the Super Bowl if he is surrounded by the right players.

Which, I know, can be said about a lot of QB's. The problem is there aren't a lot of those QB's available. None of the past few QB's for the Cowboys have been that type of QB. Not Henson, Testeverde, Carter or Hutchinson. And like I said who knows about Romo they won't even let him play.

But the task ahead of the Cowboys now is to surround Bledsoe with the right type of players. They need to bolster the O-line, they need a legitimate #1 WR and they need Defensive Secondary help.

Some of those holes can be filled through Free Agency. The rest can be filled through the Draft. The one remaining task they simply have solve in the Draft is to find a young QB that they can groom for the future.

I know the Cowboys were 6-10 last year but they were actually within about 20 points of being 10-6. Including narrow losses to playoff teams like Philly and Pittsburgh. So they are actually a little better than the 6-10 record indicates and I think Bledsoe makes them a little better as well.

The rest is up to Bill & Jerry.

I have never seen a coach so attached to his former players. Why is it so hard to realize guys on his team a years ago are not the same players they once were? Is there a worse coach at developing young talent? Maybe he can swing a Julius Jones for Curtis Martin trade next?

REAL football aside, I think any Julius Jones owners should be rejoicing here...obviously, Bledsoe is better for JJ's value than either Testy or Henson ever would be. Is he the answer to Cowboy fans' prayers? No. But, mobility issues aside, he's got the arm/experience that defenses will have to respect a little more than Dallas' other sad QB options. And, if this matters any, he's one of the true class guys in the league, and while not a rah-rah type, has always been a solid locker room presence and had great respect from his teammates & fans.

Being a Giants homer, I really hate this move. Bledsoe brings proven leadership and a definite upgrade to the QB position on that team. Will he bring them a championship? No. Will he hold down the fort for 2-4 years so that they can groom a new franchise QB. Yup, in spades. Good deal for everyone but hte NFC East.

I think Bledsoe is a upgrade over Vinny and if this team starts 2-6 again, Jones may force Parcells to start Henson the 2nd half of the season. I certainly dont think Henson is ready, as he has only started 10 games since high school, but they need to give him some playing time to find out what he can do in game situations. Id bet we see alot of he and Romo in preseason and we will all know more then. Parcells is trying to have a shot at the SB, and I think Bledsoe is a definate upgrade over Vinny and better then Brunell, Garcia or anyone else that will be out there.

All this being said, id like to see Parcells leave after this yr, he will definately spend Jerry's 20 mil in cap space with players to add talent to this roster and leave it in better shape than he got it, but Parcells wont be the coach that leads this team back to the promised land, the SB.

But when you replace someone, you should upgrade, and who is out there available that is an upgrade over parcells that will leave their current situation?

I like the move. Bledsoe is the best thing QB that Dallas could possibly get as a FA. He is a definite improvement over Vinny. I don't think that Henson or Romo are the answer. So Blesoe gives them 3 to 4 years to find and groom the next franchise type QB. I doubt that Bledsoe will take them very far in the playoffs, but wouldn't be suprised if he at least gets them there.