[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now that Alexander is tagged

Jackass

Actually the $6.3 mill. price tag doesn't seem that bad when you look at Edge's $8 mil price tag. They really need to keep him around and I think they will. The problem to me is how much will Alexander drop off from this years success now that he doesn't have the $ motivation thing going on.

Actually the $6.3 mill. price tag doesn't seem that bad when you look at Edge's $8 mil price tag.  They really need to keep him around and I think they will.  The problem to me is how much will Alexander drop off from this years success now that he doesn't have the $ motivation thing going on.

708643[/snapback]

He should have the motivation. He still doesn't have a long term contract.

I'm not sold on the fact he's going to be a Seahawk for 2005, but after several weeks of market speculation, it does suddenly seem like there are probably very very few teams that would be interested in doing what it would take to acquire him.

Taking a quick look at the cap numbers, Arizona appears to be the only team with a great deal of room, the need for an RB, and the will to land an impact kind of player. Obviously, he's not going to a division rival.

Scenario I see as most likely: Shaun doesn't spend much time in Eastern Washington in August. And maybe not much time in Seattle during September. I'm not a big fan of player holdouts, but I have more sympathy when a guy does it as a reaction to the franchise tag.

I'm not sold on the fact he's going to be a Seahawk for 2005, but after several weeks of market speculation, it does suddenly seem like there are probably very very few teams that would be interested in doing what it would take to acquire him.

Taking a quick look at the cap numbers, Arizona appears to be the only team with a great deal of room, the need for an RB, and the will to land an impact kind of player. Obviously, he's not going to a division rival.

Scenario I see as most likely: Shaun doesn't spend much time in Eastern Washington in August. And maybe not much time in Seattle during September. I'm not a big fan of player holdouts, but I have more sympathy when a guy does it as a reaction to the franchise tag.

708761[/snapback]

I would expect Shaun to possibly sign a long term deal with the Hawks if no teams come forward with big offers after the July deadline.

I think that Travis Henry will end up in Arizona in a trade for L.J. Shelton, which closes that door, Miami doesn't have the cash, and Oakland has the #2 pick to take their choice of Benson, Cadillac, or Brown.

Every team with voiced interest, with the exception of the Eagles, is far inferior to the Hawks in terms of talent. Shaun will and should stay with the team.

The Seahawks don't want Shaun here any more than he wants to be here. At this point they are basically begging for the Bucs or Cards to offer a 1st rounder. Personally I think they woulda been better off if they let him go and tried to sign a defensive player with his money. It really is my worst nightmare. They keep bringing this same group of castrated candy a**es back year after year to play soft, underachieving football. I want Cadillac!!!! Never thought this would be the year I'd say this, but thank god for the Sonics!

I think that Travis Henry will end up in Arizona in a trade for L.J. Shelton, which closes that door, Miami doesn't have the cash, and Oakland has the #2 pick to take their choice of Benson, Cadillac, or Brown.

708793[/snapback]

Miami has the #2 pick. Oakland had the #7 but traded it to Minny in the Moss deal.

The Seahawks don't want Shaun here any more than he wants to be here.  At this point they are basically begging for the Bucs or Cards to offer a 1st rounder.  Personally I think they woulda been better off if they let him go and tried to sign a defensive player with his money.  It really is my worst nightmare.  They keep bringing this same group of castrated candy a**es back year after year to play soft, underachieving football.  I want Cadillac!!!!  Never thought this would be the year I'd say this, but thank god for the Sonics!

711086[/snapback]

Interesting perspective...

The Seahawks don't want Shaun here any more than he wants to be here.  At this point they are basically begging for the Bucs or Cards to offer a 1st rounder.  Personally I think they woulda been better off if they let him go and tried to sign a defensive player with his money.  It really is my worst nightmare.  They keep bringing this same group of castrated candy a**es back year after year to play soft, underachieving football.  I want Cadillac!!!!  Never thought this would be the year I'd say this, but thank god for the Sonics!

711086[/snapback]

I can see why you might say that. Watching a few games last year, I kind of got the same impression. But just dropping one of the most productive and reliable RB's in the past 5 years is not a good solution. Cadillac may be a great RB, but he is unknown as of yet just like all rookies. I'd rather see them stick with the known, than put faith in the unknown.

Don't dissagree with you about the Denfensive needs, they do need help on that side of the ball!!

Edited by NAUgrad

"The Seahawks have yet to offer a long-term contract to Alexander. Upon naming him their franchise player Tuesday, they informed him of the news by leaving a voice-mail message." :D

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seaha...p-4293949c.html

"CEO Tod Leiweke and consultant Mike Reinfeldt said Alexander remains in the Seahawks’ plans.

“When we franchise-tag a person, we do that because we think he is an invaluable part of what we do,” Reinfeldt said, “so we want Shaun to be here. He is a great player and we would like him to be here.

“That is the intent when you franchise somebody. Other things may happen, but that has to be your intent going in.”

It's like they are of two frames of mind. On the one hand they want him around, on the other hand they treat him like dirt. Probably the biggest reason the 'Hawks aren't a serious franchise. They don't know what they want.

It's like they are of two frames of mind. On the one hand they want him around, on the other hand they treat him like dirt. Probably the biggest reason the 'Hawks aren't a serious franchise. They don't know what they want.

711458[/snapback]

Two things:

John Clayton suggests in his Combine column on ESPN that an uninspiring performance from "the big three" RBs will reignite interest in parting with the 1st & 2nd Rounders needed to land Alexander. Whatever that's worth.

Just because you call someone and they don't pick up, what are you supposed to do? They could have NOT left a voice mail.....

I think a split is probably the best thing for these two parties, but the Hawks did the right thing by tagging him. Unfortunately for Shaun, tagging is perhaps the crappiest thing to happen to him since he has no leverage or security.

I'd be pissed and wouldn't pick up the phone too.