[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss has been traded...

Rectum Fire

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports from St. Paul MN are that, although nothing can be done officially until next week, Randy Moss has been traded to Oakland for their 1st rounder (#7 overall) and a defensive starter, beleived to be LB Nap. Harrison.

Source:  pioneerpress.com

709085[/snapback]

No way, The Raiders :D

Reports from St. Paul MN are that, although nothing can be done officially until next week, Randy Moss has been traded to Oakland for their 1st rounder (#7 overall) and a defensive starter, beleived to be LB Nap. Harrison.

Source:  pioneerpress.com

709085[/snapback]

Thanks Rectum Fire. Are you a fagg or something? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but your username makes me curious.

Although NFL trades cannot become official until next month, the Vikings have agreed to trade Moss to the Oakland Raiders for the seventh overall pick in the upcoming draft and a defensive starter, believed to be linebacker Napoleon Harris.

"Nothing is official until March 2," agent Dante DiTrapano told the Pioneer Press Wednesday. "But don't be surprised if Randy Moss is wearing the Silver and Black this upcoming season."

Despite repeated denials, the Vikings have been shopping Moss for months, and they found a willing suitor in Al Davis, a maverick owner who embraces controversial players.

"In speaking with Moss, although he has a lot of ties to Minnesota and did not particularly want to be traded, he’s very excited with the possibility of playing for Al Davis and being a part of the Raider tradition," DiTrapano said. "The Raiders have vowed to use Randy’s talents the way they should be used, and that’s to throw the ball vertically down the field.

"Randy's desire to win a Super Bowl is enhanced with a move to a team like the Raiders, because the Minnesota Vikings seem to be in a constant rebuilding mode."

The Vikings will wind up with the seventh overall pick for the third time in the last four years. In 2002, they drafted left tackle Bryant McKinnie, a starter. Two years ago, they had the seventh pick but a botched trade with Baltimore resulted in them picking two spots later. Still, they landed the player they coveted, defensive tackle Kevin Williams, who has emerged into a Pro Bowl player.

The Vikings have the 18th pick in this year’s draft.

With the departure of Moss, the Vikings' top receiver is third-year receiver Nate Burleson. But the Vikings are expected to bolster that group via the draft or free agency. With a weak free agent class headlined by Pittsburgh's Plaxico Burress, the Vikings’ options could increase with potential salary cap casualties such as Isaac Bruce, Muhsin Muhammad and Derrick Mason.

The NFL Draft in April also offers two promising players, Michigan's Braylon Edwards and Southern Cal's Mike Williams.

Harris was selected by the Raiders with the 23rd pick in the 2002 NFL Draft, and he has recorded 249 tackles, 2.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, and five passes defended over the past three seasons. He is 6-foot-2, 255 pounds, and he can play inside and outside.

The Raiders will assume Moss' $7.25 million base salary for next season while the Vikings realize a cap savings of nearly $2 million. Four seasons remain on Moss’ eight-year $75 million contract.

link

Edited by CaptainHook

no *** if that happens collins will be one happy man... throw it as far as you can kerry

709115[/snapback]

Having Porter and *hopefully* a healthy Ronald Curry would really open up the passing attack. If they could then grab someone like Travis Henry, the Raiders would be set on offense.

Yes, but how does this effect Porter?

709120[/snapback]

I think it helps Porter a lot. He'll play against fewer double-teams.

Speaking of rankings boosts, paging Mr. Burleson, Mr. third-year WR Nate Burleson...

Edited by yo mama

With Porter and Moss, Kerry should be happy guy.

*hopefully* a healthy Ronald Curry

709118[/snapback]

I think you're dreaming if you think Ronald Curry recovers from his Achilles injury. It basically ended the career of Pro Bowl LB Abdullah of the Browns. And do you remember how Marino limped around after his? And it takes a full year of rehab. Curry hurt his late in the year.

I think it helps Porter a lot.  He'll play against fewer double-teams. 

Speaking of rankings boosts, paging Mr. Burleson, Mr. third-year WR Nate Burleson...

709128[/snapback]

expect the RB enigma to catch alot of passes out the backfield...

I think you're dreaming if you think Ronald Curry recovers from his Achilles injury. 

709133[/snapback]

I can dream, can't I? Besides, even if Curry isn't good to go, Doug Gabriel would be more than sufficient as a #3 WR in a passing attack that included Collins, Moss, and Porter.

Having Porter and *hopefully* a healthy Ronald Curry would really open up the passing attack.  If they could then grab someone like Travis Henry, the Raiders would be set on offense.

709118[/snapback]

Yeah, but losing Napoleon Harris they will be *** on defense. Then again I've always been a Harris fan. It would definately be a good thing for Harris owners in IDP leagues & great for the Vikes LB corp. My question now is who would get bumped from the current starting group or wuould they move to a 3-4 with Udeze, Williams & Mixon/Scott manning the line?

:D  <bumping Kerry Collins up in rankings a notch>

If they could then grab someone like Travis Henry, the Raiders would be set on offense.

I think it helps Porter a lot.  He'll play against fewer double-teams. 

709128[/snapback]

Very suprised it was the Raiders instead of a team that was absolutely desperate for WR help (Jets, Ravens, Giants). I agree completely with you though Mama, this should definitely increase the value of both Collins and Porter. I still think that the Raiders will sign Lamont Jordan at RB though.

Very suprised it was the Raiders instead of a team that was absolutely desperate for WR help (Jets, Ravens, Giants).  I agree completely with you though Mama, this should definitely increase the value of both Collins and Porter.  I still think that the Raiders will sign Lamont Jordan at RB though.

709152[/snapback]

I really hope Eagles sign Jordan....

Yeah, but losing Napoleon Harris they will be *** on defense.

709148[/snapback]

Woah, time out Rajn. As it was, Oakland's DEF allowed the second most points per game last year (27.6), allowed the third most yards per game (371), had the second fewest takeaways on DEF (18), had the worst 3rd down percentage on DEF (47.4%), allowed the most first downs per game (22.9), and had the second fewest sacks (25).

I'm not sure Oakland's DEF could get any worse. I'll take Moss in exchange for some picks and a loss on DEF that probalby can't make things a much worse.

Edited by yo mama

Ok....let's keep some things in perspective here. It''s the Pioneer Press that is reporting this. Any other outlets reporting it are all quoting this is from the Pioneer Press.

Not sure if any more needs to be said about this being a Pioneer Press story....but it should also be pointed out that they got the story from Randy's agent who said " Don't be surprised if Randy is a Raider next season"

Napolean Harris? :hoppingmad:

Ok....let's keep some things in perspective here.  It''s the Pioneer Press that is reporting this. Any other outlets reporting it are all quoting this is from the Pioneer Press.

Not sure if any more needs to be said about this being a Pioneer Press story....but it should also be pointed out that they got the story from Randy's agent who said " Don't be surprised if Randy is a Raider next season"

Napolean Harris? :hoppingmad:

709166[/snapback]

I guess you're not thrilled by this news.

This was reported this morning on ESPN, but it said that Moss had said no.  He only wanted the Ravens or Falcons.  What changed?

709094[/snapback]

Can Moss veto any trade he doesn't like?