[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss a Raider?

T-Scorp

St Paul Pioneer Press is reporting that the Vikings have agreed to trade Randy Moss to Oakland for the #7 pick overall in this years draft and a defensive starter supposedly Napolean Harris.

I don't know much about Harris other thatn he is a linebacker but if true this is a really bad deal for the Vikings.

With the Vikings lloking to change ownership and working to get a stadium I would think you would need Randy to sell tickets! Plus a #1 and an ok LB is not really that great a deal.

I hope this is not true.....

St Paul Pioneer Press is reporting that the Vikings have agreed to trade Randy Moss to Oakland for the #7 pick overall in this years draft and a defensive starter supposedly Napolean Harris.

I don't know much about Harris other thatn he is a linebacker but if true this is a really bad deal for the Vikings.

With the Vikings lloking to change ownership and working to get a stadium I would think you would need Randy to sell tickets!  Plus a #1 and an ok LB is not really that great a deal. 

I hope this is not true.....

709101[/snapback]

If this rumor turns out to be true, i'm extremely pissed off. :D

If this rumor turns out to be true, i'm extremely pissed off.  :D

709113[/snapback]

Wow, as a non-Vikings fan, I think this would be a GREAT deal for Minnie!!!

With a top 10 in the first round, the Vikings will be guaranteed an impact player and Harris gives them much needed help on defensive side.

When you factor in getting rid of Moss's failure to block, taking plays off, and detrimental behavior, it gets even better with addition by subtraction!

The team can win without Moss, as its problems are on the defensive side of the ball, not scoring points.

Wow, as a non-Vikings fan, I think this would be a GREAT deal for Minnie!!!

With a top 10 in the first round, the Vikings will be guaranteed an impact player and Harris gives them much needed help on defensive side.

When you factor in getting rid of Moss's failure to block, taking plays off, and detrimental behavior, it gets even better with addition by subtraction!

The team can win without Moss, as its problems are on the defensive side of the ball, not scoring points.

709138[/snapback]

I agree....

one option would be to use both picks to trade up in the 1st and take an extra later round pick...

but I think having 2 1st rounders can only help and would be the best option for them....

this can only help the Vikings...

Only NON-Vikings fans would think the problem lies in the offense. There is NO EXCUSE for a team that is $30 million under the cap to trade away the top WR in the game who does nothing but put up huge numbers and put butts in the seats and sell merchandise. The whole attitude issue is COMPLETELY overblown by the MEDIA. The defense could be completely and drastically improved by spending that cap space without trading away the future hall of fame WR. :D:DB):D:D

Only NON-Vikings fans would think the problem lies in the offense. There is NO EXCUSE for a team that is $30 million under the cap to trade away the top WR in the game who does nothing but put up huge numbers and put butts in the seats and sell merchandise. The whole attitude issue is COMPLETELY overblown by the MEDIA. The defense could be completely and drastically improved by spending that cap space without trading away the future hall of fame WR.  :D  :D  B)  :D  :D

709184[/snapback]

addition by subtraction....he's a cancer....

when anyone admits to taking plays off....he's already held a sign above his head "FREE CANCER HERE"

addition by subtraction....he's a cancer....

when anyone admits to taking plays off....he's already held a sign above his head "FREE CANCER HERE"

709190[/snapback]

For the 4 millionth time, Randy NEVER stated that. He was asked if Carter motivated him to play hard. Randy stated "I play when I WANT to play." He motivates himself. It's amazing how the rubes latch onto misleading media reports and take it as gospel. :D

For the 4 millionth time, Randy NEVER stated that. He was asked if Carter motivated him to play hard. Randy stated "I play when I WANT to play." He motivates himself. It's amazing how the rubes latch onto misleading media reports and take it as gospel.  :D

709201[/snapback]

"when" I want to play?....

also...who's the one jogging carelessly when his number isn't called...

oh that's right... " :D "

oh that's right... "  :D  "

709205[/snapback]

Yeah, with numbers like these he must be the ultimate slacker.

+--------------------------+-------------------------+                |          Rushing         |        Receiving        |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |   Att  Yards    Y/A   TD |   Rec  Yards   Y/R   TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 1998 min |  16 |     1      4    4.0    0 |    69   1313  19.0   17 || 1999 min |  16 |     4     43   10.8    0 |    80   1413  17.7   11 || 2000 min |  16 |     3      5    1.7    0 |    77   1437  18.7   15 || 2001 min |  16 |     3     38   12.7    0 |    82   1233  15.0   10 || 2002 min |  16 |     6     51    8.5    0 |   106   1347  12.7    7 || 2003 min |  16 |     6     18    3.0    0 |   111   1632  14.7   17 || 2004 min |  13 |     0      0    0.0    0 |    49    767  15.7   13 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+|  TOTAL   | 109 |    23    159    6.9    0 |   574   9142  15.9   90 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

:D

I agree with the Captain, this is going to hurt the Vikings more than help them. Instead of spending CAP room on defense you trade a way your most explosive player for an average LB and a high 1st round pick. Now you have to spend $$ on a unproven rookie who will want huge $$ even though he has never played in the NFL.

Culpepper will drop in my rankings as he was horrible without Moss. My feeling is that the Vikings will now become a running team. Look for them to try and pound the ball and occassionaly throw the deep. Look for Duante's numbers to drop.

As far as the #7 pick over the past 10 years the number 7 pick has yielded

Terry Glenn -She never really developed

Ike Hillard -ok second receiver

Kyle Turley - decent lineman

Champ Bailey - stud

Thomas Jones -never lived up to potential

Andre Carter - ok DB for San Fran

Byant McKinney - been a good lineman but no probowls

Byron Leftwhich -young gun could have great future

Roy Williams -showed potential until he got hurt but not the impact Randy ad his rookie year.

None of which have the impact that Randy Moss has had. The only hope is thatn Mike Williams is still around or a stud LB is there at the #7 pick.

How the heck are the Raiders going to take on a guy like Moss and his contract when they're already something like $10mill over the cap? :D Since they resigned Porter, etc., I guess they've decided to have kick ass WR and nothing to go with it this year?

i don't think it's important to look at who has been picked at the number 7 slot, it's more important to look at what the vikings did with their first round picks which is a quite impressive list over the past 10 years or so. names like robert smith, culpepper, moss, hovan, bennett, mckinnie, williams....mckinnie was picked at 7, everyone else was lower.

I agree....

one option would be to use both picks to trade up in the 1st and take an extra later round pick...

but I think having 2 1st rounders can only help and would be the best option for them....

this can only help the Vikings...

709149[/snapback]

Problem is, who would you trade up for? No clear cut favorite to move into top 1-3 (which is what I'd have to assume you'd get for two first round picks.

I'm with you - keep the two picks.

Don't forget

Underwood (2nd #1 in 1999-Culpepper was 1st #1)

Derrick Alexander and Korey Stringer '95

Duane Clemens '96

Dwayne Rudd '97

Udeze '04

These guys did nothng for the team (except Stringer but he is no longer with us.)

Cpep's fantasy value is dropping like a rock.

709318[/snapback]

Let it. I posted this in the other thread, but it's equally applicable here:

Let's review some Culpepper stats from last season:

- most passing yards (4717)

- 2nd best QB rating of the the regular starters (110.9)

- 2nd best completion ratio of the regular starters (69.2%)

- 2nd most passing TDs (39)

- only a moderate number of INTs (11)

The only major negative stat from last year was that Culpepper was tied with Vick for being sacked the 2nd most times of any QB: 46 times.

Granted, how free agency and the draft play out will have a major impact on Culpepper's value. But he's valuable with or without Moss. Though, McNabb and Manning certainly go first.

Long story short, Culpepper put up those stats without Moss at 100% (or at all) for a decent chunk of time. I'd buy into Culpepper late 2nd round, early 3rd without hesitation if the draft were today.

oh that's right... "  :D  "

709205[/snapback]

Exactly Avie.

I am beginning to think Grundge is Moss's Mamma!

I simply have no idea how much tape anyone has to see with Randy taking 3 steps off the line and standing still when a run play is called or he is being used as a decoy. My buddy has nearly every Vikings game on tape for the last two seasons and you can clearly see at least 15 plays/game when Randy completely lets everyone on the field know the play call by his lack of effort.

From jogging into routes, failing to block, and STANDING, I MEAN STANDING ON THE LINE, anyone who fails to view Moss as a cancer clearly is intent on defying logic.

Sure, they can use the cap space to shore up the defense, but getting essentially two first picks for a player coming into his 9th season is good deal.

There is no question in my mind, the Vikings mid-season swoon each season cannot be partially linked to Randy Moss and his lack of team-play! His lack of leadership and attitude is no question a cancer.

And please don't give me his stats. The dude is freak and it is very common for Randy to make 3 catches for 110 yards and TD. Yes, that looks nice, but when you factor in his failure to block, play each play, and failure between the two big plays a game, one can argue he actually does more harm than good. Striking quick for a 80 yard TD is great, but being a total team player is more important.

Maybe Big Al can get him to block and run on every play?