[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets taking a look a Derrick Mason

Skrappy1

Was just checking out Rotoworld and not suprisingly, it appears the Jets plan on pursuing Mason.  I think if they sign him, keep McCareins as a #2, and throw Moss into the slot, their passing game would take a big step up.

709168[/snapback]

D@mn! Where are my Bolts in all this?? We could sure use his talent at WR!!

Derrick Mason (FA) – What did Tennessee do to reward Mason for his career-high 96 catches? A pink slip on Monday because the Titans are currently in the midst of the worst kind of salary cap hell. Mason may not be the most explosive WR at age 31, but he’s still a reliable and versatile guy, so look for him to get a fair number of offers. The Redskins would seem like a good fit, although Mason says he wants to go to a team with a legitimate championship shot for 2005. The Ravens would make a lot of sense for Mason, but that’s not the ideal landing spot from a fantasy perspective. Kansas City and the NY Jets could be a dark horses, as could the Eagles, whom we know for a fact have a great deal of interest in bringing in a marquee type receiver to team with Terrell Owens.

D@mn! Where are my Bolts in all this?? We could sure use his talent at WR!!

709173[/snapback]

What, Tim Dwight isn't your Messiah? :D

Any word on how Caldwell is doing? He peaked early last year, but put in some good work before getting hurt.

Bolts need a burner to stretch the field a little. Mason wouldn't be an ideal fit, IMO. Too bad Coles seems to have lost a step with his lingering toe injury, otherwise he'd be worth a look.

What, Tim Dwight isn't your Messiah?   :D

Any word on how Caldwell is doing?  He peaked early last year, but put in some good work before getting hurt.

Bolts need a burner to stretch the field a little.  Mason wouldn't be an ideal fit, IMO.  Too bad Coles seems to have lost a step with his lingering toe injury, otherwise he'd be worth a look.

709191[/snapback]

I love Tim Dwight as a person, but his release was inevitable.

Caldwell's rehab is coming along O.K. as far as I can tell from our local paper.

It's looking more and more like the Bolts will seek help at the WR position through the draft.

Edited by Chargerz

It's looking more and more like the Bolts will seek help at the WR position through the draft.

709204[/snapback]

What kind of cap room do the Bolts have? And do you think they'll be able to find an immediate impact WR with their 12th pick in the first round?

What kind of cap room do the Bolts have?  And do you think they'll be able to find an immediate impact WR with their 12th pick in the first round?

709252[/snapback]

They have 16.5 mil left even after putting the franchise tag on Brees. The 12th pick may not get it done, but they may broker a deal to move up and grab either Edwards or Williams.

The Jets probably do have the cap room for Mason, since they wont have to spend a ton of money on thier 1st round draft pick. I'm just glad Moss went elsewhere!

709348[/snapback]

Moss' mouth and attitude are one thing, his talent and ability are another. Dillon thrived with a change of teams and so can Moss if he gets a coach that won't put up with the crappola. I'd be happy to see him on the Giants and if and when he got out of hand, deal with it by fines and whatever else the coach can do to make his life a living hell until he falls into line.