[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Napolean Harris

kcmast

Harris is a fantastic LB who was hurt much of the season this year. Last year he had 109 solos, 34 assists and 2 sacks. IMO He's an upgrade over what Min has right now & may indicate, as I stated in another thread, that the Vikings will move to a 3-4 defense since they certainly have the line to handle it with Udeze & Williams.

Red McCombs: Minnesota fans, you refused to step up and give me a stadium. I'm forced to sell the team and only make about a $400 million profit instead of about twice that if you would have given me my stadium. As punishment, i'm trading your beloved Randy Moss for a ham sandwich and a diet Tab. :evillaugh:

:D

Harris is a fantastic LB who was hurt much of the season this year. Last year he had 109 solos, 34 assists and 2 sacks. IMO He's an upgrade over what Min has right now & may indicate, as I stated in another thread, that the Vikings will move to a 3-4 defense since they certainly have the line to handle it with Udeze & Williams.

709246[/snapback]

FYI that was 2 years ago (2003-4) where he had 109 tackles. And that's 109 total, not 109 solos. 79 solos + 30 assists.

He's certainly a decent LB, but I think he's no better than a guy like EJ Henderson or Donterrius Thomas. Sure, they'll be looking to replace Claiborne, who's like 80 years old.

Edit: I reread your post -- you did indicate that it was two seasons ago where he had a pretty solid season... but the numbers were off. Harris' Numbers

Edited by darin3

FYI that was 2 years ago (2003-4) where he had 109 tackles.  And that's 109 total, not 109 solos.  79 solos + 30 assists.

He's certainly a decent LB, but I think he's no better than a guy like EJ Henderson or Donterrius Thomas.  Sure, they'll be looking to replace Claiborne, who's like 80 years old.

Edit:  I reread your post -- you did indicate that it was two seasons ago where he had a pretty solid season... but the numbers were off.  Harris' Numbers

709269[/snapback]

Chris Claiborne is only like 26 or 27 years old...hes just not in great shape

FYI that was 2 years ago (2003-4) where he had 109 tackles.  And that's 109 total, not 109 solos.  79 solos + 30 assists.

He's certainly a decent LB, but I think he's no better than a guy like EJ Henderson or Donterrius Thomas.  Sure, they'll be looking to replace Claiborne, who's like 80 years old.

Edit:  I reread your post -- you did indicate that it was two seasons ago where he had a pretty solid season... but the numbers were off.  Harris' Numbers

709269[/snapback]

My bad on the numbers, though I did mean the 03-04 season. Again, it's just my opinion but I think the only reasons Harris didn't match or beat the 03-04 stats were because 1)he tore up his knee at the beginning of the season causing him to miss time & 2)the Raiders, themselves moved to a 3-4 defense.

My bad on the numbers, though I did mean the 03-04 season. Again, it's just my opinion but I think the only reasons Harris didn't match or beat the 03-04 stats were because 1)he tore up his knee at the beginning of the season causing him to miss time & 2)the Raiders, themselves moved to a 3-4 defense.

709293[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I was a huge Nap Harris fan in '03... he was a STEAL off the waiver wire as my 3rd LB in my IDP league. He might do good in Minnesota with a solid year of rehab under his belt and playing in a 3-4... :D

Don't get me wrong, I was a huge Nap Harris fan in '03... he was a STEAL off the waiver wire as my 3rd LB in my IDP league.  He might do good in Minnesota with a solid year of rehab under his belt and playing in a 3-4... :D

709313[/snapback]

I hear where you're coming from, I've just been watching him since he was drafted & always liked him as a player. There is always the possibility that I was completely wrong, but I don't believe so & obviously Minnesota doesn't either.

Don't get me wrong, I was a huge Nap Harris fan in '03... he was a STEAL off the waiver wire as my 3rd LB in my IDP league.  He might do good in Minnesota with a solid year of rehab under his belt and playing in a 3-4... :D

709313[/snapback]

So what you are saying is that the best player in the NFL is being traded for a guy that will be good AFTER REHABING. I can't believe this franchise. :D

Rajn has Nap in Fusion, so hes trying to talk him up, to finally get rid of him for something of value.  :D

709341[/snapback]

Sarge calling him out. :D

"Oh, this beautiful 83 Gremlin is a fantastic buy. You'd look sooo cool in it. Go ahead, give it a spin."

Edited by 'canes2004

Is everyone forgetting the most important part of this trade, the 7th overall pick????

Two years ago that pick resulted in Kevin Williams who is a complete STUD. I think Nap Harris is an upgrade to the vikings weakest link last year, the Line-backers and if they draft smart, the 7th pick should result in another STUD...

good move IMO

Is everyone forgetting the most important part of this trade, the 7th overall pick???? 

Two years ago that pick resulted in Kevin Williams who is a complete STUD.  I think Nap Harris is an upgrade to the vikings weakest link last year, the Line-backers and if they draft smart, the 7th pick should result in another STUD...

good move IMO

709892[/snapback]

I agree that there are holes on the defense, however the salary cap the Vikings currently have should allow them to keep Moss and attract some good defensive talent. Trading a star for an unknown draft pick. A young man that has not proven his worth in the NFL.