[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here's an interesting side note...

Jrick35

If you have a problem with Cowboys fans being happy then why did you click into a thread that was obviously started by a Cowboy fan?

But since you did, and since you are obviously the leading expert on Drew Bledsoe's inabilities, I guess I will do exactly what I shouldn't and defend my opinion of the Cowboys acquiring Drew Bledsoe.

What I would like you to do 1st is draw up a list of QB's that had nearly 40,000 yds passing by their 33rd Birthday. Wait let me help, there have only been 9 QB's to ever get to 40,000 yds in their career. You can do the research on the Birthdays but rest assured it is a very short list so don't minimize his yardage, it's impressive. He's 10th on the all time list and he's only 33.

If you want to evaluate his time in Buffalo why would you look at just his last 40 games, didn't he actually play the 1st 8 games of 2002? When looking at Drew Bledsoe, or any other player for that matter, it would be easy to cut out a portion of their career to prove them bad or good. Or to prove that they are improving or getting worse.

And yes you are correct. If you go by his last 40 Games Bledsoe is averaging exactly what you said.

However, if you go ahead and give him credit for the 1st 8 Games of 2002 then those averages all go up.

And if you go ahead and look at his entire career then his averages look like this,

57% Completion Rate

3317 yds per season

18 TDs per year

15 INT's per year

37 plays over 20 yds per year

7 plays over 40 yds per year

76.7 Career Passer rating

And I figured these averages on all 12 years of his career even the 2001 Season when he only threw 66 passes all year. So if I had figured them on the 11 Seasons that he actually played at least 12 games then they would have all been higher as well.

So, as I said before, Bledsoe will never go down as the greatest QB to ever play but he is a very good QB.

He has the tools to play at a high level and I feel that the Cowboys are going to get a hold of the right young talent to surround him with to take advantage of those tools and they can do it this year.

They have a great Coach, a very good o-line, a great young RB and a great young TE. They have the room under the salary cap to fill a couple of holes through free agency and they have 2, 1st rd draft picks this year to fill a couple of more holes. And now they have an experienced QB that can give them 4-5 good years to find and develop a good young QB.

So yeah, I like the prospects of what Drew Bledsoe can do for the Cowboys.

Of course only time can prove me to be right or wrong.

714305[/snapback]

Well I don't think that Bledsoe has ever been that good. Even when he was just starting out in NE I saw him in a playoff game where he just look scared and started throwing passes in the dirt. His playoff stats are even worse than his regular season stats. Don't even bother looking them up, they're terrible.

I like to go with what have you done lately. I think 40 games is a pretty good barometer of what he can do. It's well known that yes when he first got to Buffalo he lit it up. He was battling Rich Gannon that year for best QB of the year. Who knows maybe he was pumped up by the trade; but he did fold in those last 8 games and he hasn't recovered in the last 2 seasons............

Well I don't think that Bledsoe has ever been that good.  Even when he was just starting out in NE I saw him in a playoff game where he just look scared and started throwing passes in the dirt.  His playoff stats are even worse than his regular season stats.  Don't even bother looking them up, they're terrible.

I like to go with what have you done lately.  I think 40 games is a pretty good barometer of what he can do.  It's well known that yes when he first got to Buffalo he lit it up.  He was battling Rich Gannon that year for best QB of the year.  Who knows maybe he was pumped up by the trade; but he did fold in those last 8 games and he hasn't recovered in the last 2 seasons............

714711[/snapback]

To here you say it, Bledsoe has always been and will always be a terrible QB.

That's your opinion and you are most definitely entitled to it.

I disagree.

And although his stats don't equate to him being 1 of the all time great QB's they do equate to him being a better than average QB.

A SB QB, Bledsoe played in one and didn't play as well as the QB he faced.  I remember before that game all we heard was how great Bledsoe was and how Favre would be lucky to be as good as Bledsoe some day.  That day came and went, quickly.

710374[/snapback]

You'd better have your memory checked.

While it is true that back in the late 90s Bledsoe was often refered to as a future hall of famer (which he will never make unless he wins a SB, or plays for another 6+ years) at no point was he considered vastly superior to Favre (who had already by then cemented his HoF credentials). Remember the line for the SB was 14 points in the favour of GB (which is exactly what it ended up being)