[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ty Law released

Mo, not ot put yer nose in it, but you said this would not happen, while I thought he was the most likely cap cut on the Pat's roster. This opens up the cap for the Pats to do pretty much what they please, within reason. Coach B has never hesitated to cut his high priced players, and he stayed true to form. I had expected this, until you strongly disagreed otherwise.

On the flip side, I thought Coles to the Jets was a really, really long shot. Looks like I blew that prediction, but I still hope for Mason instead.

I'd love to see Law with a star on his helmet. The boys have plenty of cap space and a definite need. If they could take care of it with law, it would make those two first rounders and that 2nd rounder look real good.

A local sports station is going NUTS with Ty Law this, and Ty Law that...

Personally, I wish we (KC) would go after Surtain over Ty Law, especially given that he's so much younger...

Alas, Carl Peterson won't go for either one, and we'll be starting some rookie we took in the 6th round when we play Moss and Porter next year...

UGH!

A local sports station is going NUTS with Ty Law this, and Ty Law that...

Personally, I wish we (KC) would go after Surtain over Ty Law, especially given that he's so much younger...

Alas, Carl Peterson won't go for either one, and we'll be starting some rookie we took in the 6th round when we play Moss and Porter next year...

UGH!

712691[/snapback]

So true, so true. They can talk till they are blue in the face, but we both know king carl will find a way to piss us all off.

This was a cap move, no?

712450[/snapback]

That's the nominal reason. $12million cap it is nothing to sneeze at. And he did tell the team 2 years ago that he wouldn't take a "pay cut" so it's sayonara Ty.

However, when he was injured in the Pitt game, the original diagnosis was a dislocation. Rest was prescribed. As he prepared to return and wasn't getting better, it was then he discovered the break, or some such. That was around the time that he went onto the IR. I can't imagine we've really heard the last of that.

Truth is however that he will find work over the offseason.  Maybe a trade would've been more effective

:D  :D

712675[/snapback]

They needed to clear cap space by March 1 or others would have to be cut. It was pretty clear Ty wasn't going to sign at the price they wanted or needed. So the Pats needed to do it now.

Ty, thanks from this Pats fan. Your 3 INT's against Manning in the AFC Championship game will always be a highlight. B)