[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coles for S Moss?

Rovers

Here is a link.....

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jet...=ny-jets-bigpix

On one hand, it's reported as a done deal, on the other, they talk about Coles having to agree to return some portion of his 13 million dollar signing bonus. As noted in the article, Coles smeared the Jets big time when they didnt match the Washington offer two years ago. Herm Edwards says it's no big deal, but I have to wonder if Coles feels he burned that bridge. Sources say it's a done deal, but Coles has not made any public comments on it, and given his history of verbal outbursts, that seems.... strange.

Here is a link.....

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jet...=ny-jets-bigpix

On one hand, it's reported as a done deal, on the other, they talk about Coles having to agree to return some portion of his 13 million dollar signing bonus. As noted in the article, Coles smeared the Jets big time when they didnt match the Washington offer two years ago. Herm Edwards says it's no big deal, but I have to wonder if Coles feels he burned that bridge. Sources say it's a done deal, but Coles has not made any public comments on it, and given his history of verbal outbursts, that seems.... strange.

712997[/snapback]

Coles/Moss thread

It looks like the deal has hit a snag...Coles wants a new contract with a raise that the Jets aren't willing to give him. I wouldn't be surprised to still see it happen, it just doesn't look like as sure a thing as it did a couple of days ago. This is from Jay Glazer and Fox Sports:

The Santana Moss for Laveranues Coles trade appears to be dead.

FOXSports.com has learned that the trade-swap of the two receivers stalled on Saturday due to concerns that Coles wants a new contract with figures the Jets aren't willing to meet. Redskins sources remain hopeful that something could change in the next few days.

The only way a trade could happen is if Coles is willing to go to the Jets under similar terms as his current contract. If talks resume, they are expected to begin Monday or Tuesday. But in the meantime, they may look to shop Coles elsewhere. Any team hoping to trade for Coles may have to agree with the receiver on a new contract, to avoid an unhappy player.

There have been reports that Coles is unhappy playing in Joe Gibbs' offense and the Redskins don't want a disgruntled player. However, the team doesn't want to release Coles and receive nothing in return.

Coles has great stock in the NFL as a tough player because he plays through pain. And when he played with the Jets, Coles was known as Chad Pennington's go-to guy.

Last season, Coles made 90 catches — averaging 10.6 yards per reception, but found the end zone only once. On the flipside, Moss tallied 838 yards receiving and five touchdowns on just 45 receptions in 2004.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3423188

Edited by Skrappy1

I started a new thread, because I thought the situation had changed.... maybe a mistake? Sorry bout that. I just don't see Coles making it easy for any trade to the Jets, I really don't think he wants to come back. The additional fact that he has remained mum only fuels my suspisions. When he left, he said some pretty nasty things about the organisation and Herm Edwards. I don't think his throat is big enough to swallow that sort of humble pie. I figure he blocks this trade, and wants to go elsewhere, maybe the Ravens. Personally, I hope he doesnt come back. he is a whiner, and a divisive locker room presence, besides the fact that I think he's damaged goods to boot.

The Jets have the money to get Mason, although from earlier posts, he might not want to play for his old, and the Jets new OC. Mason is clearly the best of what's left in the WR free agent pool.

Skrappy1's post would seem to make it a dead deal, and as a Jet fan, I welcome that news. Additionally, it seems Chrebet may not get released, and it appears he wants to play next year. I'm happy with McCariens, Moss, Crotchery and Chrebet, although Mason would really improve the unit, opening the possibilty of moving Moss elsewhere. More important than any of this is, as far as the Jets are concerned, is whether or not Pennington's arm stregnth returns after this off season surgery.

I get so sick of these guys who constantly want more money.

Coles wants to be moved from Washington because he's unhappy, but he wants a new deal for more money wherever he does go?

What a joke  :D

713339[/snapback]

AGREEED ... with the emphasis on GREEEEEED ... maybe Coles should produce some top WR numbers and then he could get top WR money -- instead of demanding the later with vague hints that he might do the former if properly motivated by cash already in his pocket ... Earn it, doofus, earn it.