[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would you protect?

wolfden1

Dynasty league, contracts are up on Rod Smith, Michael Bennett, and Koren Robinson. Can Franchise Tag one of them and keep them from being signed by another owner. Can then assign any length of contract I want. Doubt I'd give any of them more than a 1 year deal right now (against a 40 yr. cap-20 man rosters), but who knows. Performance scoring, 1 pt. per reception. No gaping holes in my roster. Looking for a bench player w/ possible upside.... Who should I protect??

Michael Bennett

It seems a no brainer to me. A lot can happen between now and the start of the season. New ownership, no Moss.

One of the existing backs can get hurt or be traded....Bennett could be traded as well.

Of the three - Bennett is the only person with a chance for a big upside. Smith's best years are behind him and Koren can not get it done in the best of circumstances.

Of the three - Bennett is the only person with a chance for a big upside.  Smith's best years are behind him and Koren can not get it done in the best of circumstances.

714013[/snapback]

DJ read my mind!! :D

What happens if you don't franchise anyone?  Sorry, I'm not too up on the parameters of dynasty leagues...

714200[/snapback]

Nothing...they'd just all be exposed to other franchises ($ bids I can match or decline).

I was leaning toward Bennett, but don't trust Tice w/ Smith and Moore(the best of the 3 IMO). However, since I'm looking for a backup and maybe BYE week player, I think Bennett's the man. Thanks guys.

i as well am not to informed about dynasty league, but if the worst that could happen is you dont franchise any of them and you lose them , i dont see that as a bad thing myself, could you not go get a free agent and tag them? but if your best bet is these 3 than i'd say rod smith, they guy still gets it done, and has bennett ever finished a 16 game season, not that i remember, also the moe williams factor and the goaline carries kills the featured backs stats.

4WIW:

I tagged Bennett. Good question, Darkside, about picking up a Free Agent and tagging them, but Free Agency starts after the rookie draft, which is after our "restricted free agency" March 1st thru 31st. This is where players who had only a 1 year contract left last season become open to bid on by all of the owners in the league. The former (RFA) owner, has the right to match or decline when the bidding ends (after 24 hours with no raises). Tagged Bennett, and R.Smith and K.Robinson were 2 of the first 5 players bid on. :D Maybe the other owners are reading this, and teaching me a lesson! :D Good news is neither one's been raised, so I should be able to keep both on the cheap if I choose to. Thanks for the input guys.

• 2 weeks later...