[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is home cooking?

polksalet

Kluski noodles, fried w/ bread crumbs

Fried Chicken. I do it good!

Sauteed mushrooms I do dat good also

Turkey dressing My wife's is da best, but she got the recipe from my mommy

Anything my wife makes! End of story.

Edit for:

Chi burbs

Edited by rocknrobn26

Beef, pork, or chicken.

Mashed potatos with gravy.

Carrots, corn, green beans, or broccoli.

Old family recipies and/or ethnic foods (provided you're part of that ethnic group) also count, e.g., lasagna for all of you WOPs out there and kielbasa and saurkraut for Polaks like me.

Yankee boy here so a Yankee pot roast.

Corned beef time coming soon as well.

Oh, and if it fits in a toaster, thats home cookin as well.

714029[/snapback]

Not so yankee...I always enjoy a venison roast with rice and green beans.

Tonight was boiled crawfish...

I like my wife's lasagne, tacos, chicken, and :D too many to name. My Dad was a big hunter so we always ate a lot of game.

PA

Home cooking is whatever my mom makes.  Usually some sort of meat/poultry, some sort of potato, some veggies, and a bread.

Squeegie don't do home cooking.

714304[/snapback]

Perogies? Gotta love them, a guy here at work always brings some back when he goes home to Pitt

Perogies? Gotta love them, a guy here at work always brings some back when he goes home to Pitt

714312[/snapback]

Pierogies are delicious. Definitely a 'Burgh thing, along with "city chicken" (breaded pork & veal baked on skewers - looks kinda like a chicken drumstick).

Perhaps I misunderstood the question. :D

Pierogies are delicious.  Definitely a 'Burgh thing, along with "city chicken" (breaded pork & veal baked on skewers - looks kinda like a chicken drumstick).

Perhaps  I misunderstood the question.  :D

714314[/snapback]

It was problably me that mis-understood the question....I just love pergoies..:D

Chicken fried steak, mash potatoes, turnip greens, fresh pinto's, fried corn bred, and onions, tomatoes, and peppers right out of the garden. Basically home cooking is any meat cooked in a cast iron skillet and fresh vegetables.

Edit to add: I'm from East Texas

Edited by Perchoutofwater

originally from southwestern VA, but live in Maryland now. my parents are both older and from the south so we had great Southern type Sunday dinners.

Home cooking is anything that you can cover in gravy be it biscuits, rice, potatoes, or noodles. Also any vegetable that can be fried....squash, okra, corn, green tomatos, zuchini.

You must cook things with bacon grease or some form of hog....green beans are cooked with a drip of bacon grease and so forth. Also, if you can add corn bread to the meal, it is home cooking.

4' diameter mound of piping hot & spicy crawfish, corn, onions, asparagus, potatoes & andouille sausage dumped on a sheet of plywood covered in plastic garbage bags with two 1' diameter holes cut into it using two 55 gallon drums under the holes as stands. Throw in some Desport's french bread, a bottle of squeeze butter & an ice cold brew. Now that's what I call some down home cookin'! :D

VA - anything and everything fried or

Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, grits, buiscuits, plus about 20 other side dishes. Breakfastes are hugh down South.

Dinner: Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, snaps, corn on the cob, squash, beets, ho cakes (kudos to anyone who knows what these are...and it's not related to prostitution :D).

I need to call my Mom and have me over this weekend now.

Dinner:  Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, snaps, corn on the cob, squash, beets, ho cakes

714339[/snapback]

I was looking for the meat loaf --- that is my first take too. Meat loaf w/ roasted potatoes, carrots, corn on the cob. Apple pie for dessert.

I am originally from Topeka, KS and my family was all farm until my father's generation.

Home cooking here in Beaumont from my wife's family usually involves fried speckled (sea) trout or red fish, baked and stuffed flounder, fried shrimp, seafood gumbo, etc. More along Rajn's lines.

Edited by Beaumont