[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears cut Terrell

gilthorp

Today, the Bears cut David Terrell, saving approximately 200K of Cap space as he was going to enter the final year of his contract.

What we had here was a player who not only didn't perform up to expectations coming out of college, he was actually very dysfunctional on the field taking stupid penalties and acting like a complete idiots whenever he made average plays.

Couple that with the fact that he was in trouble with the law due to driving tickets, it was time for him to go.

Goodbye!

$200,000 in savings?  I would've kept him, and forced the puke to play on special teams as the wedge buster as punishment for sucking.

714790[/snapback]

No way. He was a cancer.

Wade has proved he's a good slot player, Berrian will stretch the field, Muhammad will make some tough catches, as long as we can stomach his drops. The key is who they get in the draft. Even if they wait until the second round, they'll get a good player.

They don't have a third rounder as they lost that one in the Booker deal with Miami.

Knowing how cheap they are, they will deal the 1.04 for a late first and third round pick. If they do that, I'd love to see them grab either J.R. Russel or Chris Henry in the second round.

I think they would have been better off just keeping Marty Booker and the third round pick. Now, they had to spend money on an older WR. Muhammad will be 32. Booker would have been 29.

The Bears also picked up Ogunleye in that trade, who they also had to sign to a big deal.

What do you think gil?

Edited by CaptainHook

No surprise. Good deal for the 'O'. Egos and generally bad play, not coming back to the quarterback, just drag confidence down. I frankly didn't like him when they got him. Good ridance.

I think they would have been better off just keeping Marty Booker and the third round pick.  Now, they had to spend money on an older WR.  Muhammad will be 32.  Booker would have been 29. 

The Bears also picked up Ogunleye, who they also had to sign to a big deal. 

What do you think gil?

714824[/snapback]

I wasn't overly impressed with Ogun, so hindsight being 20-20, I agree.

Didn't really like the deal when they made it, don't really like it now--but if their two young DT's grow and improve by leaps and bounds this year, Ogunleye will be a nice compliment to Brown.

Remember, they just extended Alex to a big deal as well.

I guess I'll have to see who Miami picks up in the third round this year to really sort out my feelings on it all.

Now that he's been paid, I wouldn't bet on it.

715016[/snapback]

I personally don't think he's worth all the coin they threw at him, but it's a massive upgrade over what was here last year.

He will make some tough catches in traffic for the Bears--that I have no doubt.

Knowing how cheap they are, they will deal the 1.04 for a late first and third round pick. If they do that, I'd love to see them grab either J.R. Russel or Chris Henry in the second round.

714812[/snapback]

Can you please call Carl Peterson?

We could sure use that LB from Texas (Johnson) or that CB from UMiami (Rolle)...

I personally don't think he's worth all the coin they threw at him, but it's a massive upgrade over what was here last year.

He will make some tough catches in traffic for the Bears--that I have no doubt.

715024[/snapback]

Agreed. And the fact that Terrell and his dropped balls and offensive penalties are gone will help their offense even more.

Agreed.  And the fact that Terrell and his dropped balls and offensive penalties are gone will help their offense even more.

715168[/snapback]

I really thought he would be a good player, but I was wrong. Yup, good riddance.

I know I sound like the voice of gloom and doom here, but with the Bears luck, Muhammad will play three games, blow out an Achilles' or a knee, and miss the entire season. :D He's 32...it could happen.

I admit to being somebody who at one time thought David Terrell could become a good to great WR for the Bears.

Not after this season just past though. He had the chance this year and even showed a flash or two. But for every positive thing he did, he'd follow it up by doing something stupid. More often than not, he only made sure he wipped out any good coming from his receptions, by getting one bonehead penalty after another.

He'll latch on somewhere I'm sure, but I don't think he'll ever be good, let alone one of the greats.

Sad to say, but good move by Da Bears. :D

Vincent Price in his current VERY dead state could have played QB better than the clowns they had in there(exluding Grossman). While you can judge Terrell based on many things, basing it off last years performance is unfair

Edited by Duchess Jack

You don't cut players to save $200,000.  The dude was a joke and unfortunately he's the last to know.

715397[/snapback]

Agreed.

The 200K is just a fact--I'm sure it didn't really factor into their decision.

What we had here was a player who not only didn't perform up to expectations coming out of college, he was actually very dysfunctional on the field taking stupid penalties and acting like a complete idiots whenever he made average plays.

714775[/snapback]

The Bears still need a quarterback-let's try to get a GOOD ONE PLEASE!!

I wouldn't have cut him. If all you get was $200,000, that's not that big of a deal. His off-field transgressions aside, this guy was the team's leading reciever last year with some of the worst quarterbacking I've ever seen in the NFL. I would have held onto him - with Muhammed taking some of the pressure off and Grossman (hopefully) staying healthy and playing well, he could have been a decent complimentary reciever.

Guest dabears

I like the deal. Something else had to happen other than everyone becoming healthy. Terrell has used his welcome in Chi-town and was bringing down team spirit as well as not catching a **** thing. I think the focus still needs to shift to the O-line. Can't believe there's a rumor going around about another RB, even if it is Benson. Won't do any good if you can't get the blocks!

I remember when Terrell was available in the draft, and us Pats fans were up in arms that BB took Richard Seymour with the pick instead. :D

I guess thats why we ain't running the team. :D