[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packer Blow it with Najeh

Guest Sores

With all the talk about probably losing Najeh, Rivera, and Wahle, not to mention a couple others, do you see Brett coming back next year with a make-shift OL if they can't sign the two OL mentioned above?

I am not sure, I know Brett hasn't said much, but do you think he is waiting to see what happens to the OL before he makes a decision? Or do you think he is back because of weapons like Green, Driver, and Walker and one more chance for a Super Bowl appearance?

I guess they are hoping that with the other FA running backs available and the deep RB draft class, there won't be a lot of activity on the restricted FA market.

This concerns me more:

Combine buzz: Former Packers tight ends coach Jeff Jagodzinski created a stir at the combine when he said coach Mike Sherman rarely listened to the suggestions of his coaching staff and didn't communicate well.

Johnny Roland, who was Green Bay's running backs coach last year but left to take the same job with New Orleans, said Saturday that Jagodzinski's assessment was dead-on.

"I think what 'Jags' said is definitely fair," said Roland, who has 26 years of NFL coaching experience. "And it's evidenced by the number of coaches that have exited over the last couple of years.

"The head coach thought he was the only one with any brains. There was a lot of collective knowledge in the people that have left the organization. And that knowledge wasn't listened to."

I think Najeh could be good if he could only stay healthy. It seems like everytime the team needs him to step up because of injury he seems to be hurting also, like a strained hamstring. Did he suffer his first hamstring injury squatting over a shoe in a closet of an old girlfriend?

Guest Sores
The Packers CAN still match any offer he receives.

715762[/snapback]

With little cap wiggle room it will be pretty easy to structure a contract for a RB that the Packers can't match.

Guest Sores
With all the talk about probably losing Najeh, Rivera, and Wahle, not to mention a couple others, do you see Brett coming back next year with a make-shift OL if they can't sign the two OL mentioned above?

715723[/snapback]

Losing Wahle will really hurt....losing Rivera will hurt less....if they lose Najeh they lose a great security blanket behind Green.....you have to think Favre is thinking long and hard about a possible returen.

Najeh would be a good fit for the Birds

I think Najeh could be good if he could only stay healthy.  It seems like everytime the team needs him to step up because of injury he seems to be hurting also, like a strained hamstring.  Did he suffer his first hamstring injury squatting over a shoe in a closet of an old girlfriend?

715782[/snapback]

Hilarious stuff here. :D:D That's still one of the strangest stories I've ever heard.

I think Najeh could be good if he could only stay healthy.  It seems like everytime the team needs him to step up because of injury he seems to be hurting also, like a strained hamstring.  Did he suffer his first hamstring injury squatting over a shoe in a closet of an old girlfriend?

715782[/snapback]

He certainly reinvented the meaning of "coming out of the closet" ... not that there's anything wrong with that ... wait ... no, they way Davenport did it, there certainly WAS something wrong with it!!!!

Can he be one of the best? Don't know. Will he always be tagged with one of the best stories of all time? Abso-closet-depository-lutely!!!

Guest Sores
I am more concerned that they terminated the contract of LG Mike Wahle.

716802[/snapback]

That was a forgone conclusion the day he signed the contract. Had they kept him, he would have had a cap number over 11M (as you probably know)...the Packers and most scouts/teams feel that guard is the easiest position to replace. That said, I think Wahle will be a major loss.

The Packers CAN still match any offer he receives.

715762[/snapback]

The Eagles have the picks to spare and have done th reestricted FA thing before- they can make it very difficult for Green Bay to match an offer if they do go for him by structuring the contract a certain way.

I hope they go for him!

Edited by Marauders11

Guest Sores
The Eagles have the picks to spare and have done th reestricted FA thing before- they can make it very difficult for Green Bay to match an offer if they do go for him by structuring the contract a certain way.

I hope they go for him!

717004[/snapback]

I can't see Najeh leaving for a team where he would be a backup...he would want to go to a Miami or AZ or somewhere he could start right away....

I am more concerned that they terminated the contract of LG Mike Wahle.

716802[/snapback]

I don't like it either, but it wasn't a surprise. All of the Green Bay media has been saying this was an inevitability for weeks. One thing I don't understand is offering the low tender to Kevin Barry, while cutting Wahle and Ruegamer. I thought they were grooming Barry to be a starter and by placing the low tender on him they get no compensation (he was undrafted) if someone signs him. Rivera becomes a FA at midnight, so overnight a a strength of this team has become a big question mark.

Glad they kept Chatman around though :D

Edited by A Little Bit Special

I don't like it either, but it wasn't a surprise.  All of the Green Bay media has been saying this was an inevitability for weeks.  One thing I don't understand is offering the low tender to Kevin Barry, while cutting Wahle and Ruegamer.  I thought they were grooming Barry to be a starter and by placing the low tender on him they get no compensation (he was undrafted) if someone signs him.  Rivera becomes a FA at midnight, so overnight a a strength of this team has become a big question mark.

Glad they kept Chatman around though  :D

717050[/snapback]

But not only that, they obviously have other weaknesses that need to be addressed, like defense and getting a safety or two that can tackle would help. Anyone else frustrated with Sherman and the wonderful situation he left Ted Thompson in this year? Even with all these losses the success of the Packers hinges on Brett Favre.

One more note, my favorite nickname for Najeh is "the mad crapper".

All along the talk was that they'd probably lose EITHER Wahle OR Rivera and they could survive because Barry could fill in either at guard or right-tackle with Tauscher moving to guard. Ruegamer was a fine pickup off the scrap heap who provided depth at center and guard, who I can't believe was costing all that much $$$. With Favre (should he decide to play) having only a couple of years left, this is not the time to completely overhaul the O-line.

I like Najeh as a player and all, but I think they believe they can replace him in the draft. This is supposedly a very deep RB class.

It looks like Thompson doesn't think much of Nall or Sullivan either. Should they sign somewhere else, there are going to be a lot more holes to fill than draft picks to fill them.

I'm hoping this is all part of some grand plan, because this is not looking like a good start to the offseason.

I can't see Najeh leaving for a team where he would be a backup...he would want to go to a Miami or AZ or somewhere he could start right away....

717025[/snapback]

Najeh has also said that he really like being in GB...I think he'd have to get close to starter's money to leave.