[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Troy Brown released

msaint

what else would he have needed to do this season to make him worth that 5 million, besides playing on all sides of the balL and being the Super Bowl MVP?

719312[/snapback]

Actually being the MVP for starters.. :D

Not having lost a step at WR, for another...

Hey msaint can I buy the book from you if not I'm going to resort to amazon.com no store around in Denver has it stocked.

718731[/snapback]

Sorry, broncos, I'm not selling them out of my house these days. :D Too bad you can't find one in Borders or B&N. Amazon seems like your option here. Thanks.

:D

This cut makes sense. 5 million in bonus was too much to pay for Brown, when they need to make a run at free agency and sign upcoming draft picks.

Brown will probably come back to the Pats, but I don't see how anyone could say this wasn't the right move. They can get Brown back cheaper than they can re-sign Givens.

Plus the Pats just dealt for Duane Starks and he's gonna need $ with or without restructuring his contract. I like Troy Brown as much as the next guy, but the Pats need Starks a helluva lot more than they need Brown.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read here.

718952[/snapback]

What's your problem with that, Czarina?

Don't you think that other fans tire of hearing how the Pats are a collection of unselfish players? Exhibit A has to be Troy Brown. He was the most unselfish player on the team.

Each and every year the Pats disgard players and afterwards you hear that only "team players" stay around here. "We don't have room for any selfish players on this team, that's why you don't see ________'s ugly butt around here no more."

So are they going to stick to that story for this year, too?

Edited by MikesVikes

I'm not saying that this isn't a sad day in Patriot land. I'm not saying I'd pay Brown 5 million. Truthfully, I'd never offer him that in the first place. When was he ever worth 5 million? Either way it's a great way of treating your dedicated "team" players. :D

Booted or not booted, that's just symantecs. The dude isn't playing for the team this year.

What's your problem with that, Czarina?

Don't you think that other fans tire of hearing how the Pats are a collection of unselfish players?  Exhibit A has to be Troy Brown.  He was the most unselfish player on the team.

Each and every year the Pats disgard players and afterwards you hear that only "team players" stay around here.  "We don't have room for any selfish players on this team, that's why you don't see ________'s ugly butt around here no more."

So are they going to stick to that story for this year, too?

720128[/snapback]

Well, they DON'T have any room for selfish players. It's true. However, the Patriots organization has 53 active rosters spots and a duty to fill them the best way they can. Do you think that they should have to carry every good guy they've ever had in perpetuity just because he's a good guy? Wouldn't that ultimately be to the detriment of the team?

He knew his cap number was going to be too high and he'd already reworked his deal a couple times. It's still possible he'll come back next year. I hope he does, because he really is one of the good guys. But we all know this is a young man's game.

Oh, and this is the team that took care of Robert Edwards' contract after his flag football injury during the ProBowl week when he was a rookie. They didn't have to, but they did. They'll take care of Bruschi too, if he has to retire. :bawling:

Ok Czarina, I'll let you get the last word in on this one for once. But just this once! :D

But, filling out a 53 man roster the best they can may include adding a few selfish players along the way. I believe the alternative is impossible. Ok so maybe a member of "The Dirty Dozen" won't make the team after all, but let's see what happens in the future. No doubt that I'll have plenty of opportunities to get back to you on this.

The fallacy in your argument is that the Patriots should only be cutting bad guys...when your team is FULL of good guys and you still need to make cap room, etc., then what do you do?

You can't deny that Starks > Brown as a DB. Also, Branch has become the #1, and Givens, if they can keep him makes a nice 1a/2 guy. They have a bevy of TEs who can catch the ball.

They cut Roman Phifer this week too. :D They're clearing room for their rookies and to rework Brady's deal, I think.

That's not my arguement. That is what the organization is selling to everybody else that that is what they are doing. It's not my idea.

Ok, I see your point. When they're aren't any more bad guys to get rid of. Never thought of that one. :D

Edited by MikesVikes