[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Skins lock up OT Samuels

rajncajn

wow. huge signing bonus. i agree cajn, they finally realized they might want their quarterback to have more than a second to try to throw. i don't think he is an all-star, but i think ramsey could be a decent qb given the chance and consistent personel. what do you think?

wow.  huge signing bonus.  i agree cajn, they finally realized they might want their quarterback to have more than a second to try to throw.  i don't think he is an all-star, but i think ramsey could be a decent qb given the chance and consistent personel.  what do you think?

717803[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree. I don't think Ramsey was given a fair shot last year and I think the prior year his woes were mainly due to him running for his life half the time. Agreed I don't think he'll be a stud QB, but definately somebody they can win with. Now all they need is someone for him to throw to.

yeah, his targets are obviously the next concern. i read rumors that the coles-moss deal with the jets might not happen now. but i can't imagine that coles stays with the team, just seems like things didn't jive between them. so i would imagine coles is out, just not sure in what way. they need to go after some talent at wideout and do it quick. obviously, they are taking strides to sure up the o-line. if they can do that and even get a mediocre passing game together, i would think portis would have a little more luck on the ground. it seems like a similar situation that i watch year after year in chicago. i feel like the pieces just never quite fit right or don't quite work right to get everything going.

Edited by rhippens

I like the Rabach signing. We needed help at center and he is solid. I think Ramsey will have a good year and that Coles will have a good year if he comes back because he will have to prove he's not a quitter after trying to get away in the off season. Gibbs doesnt put up with bs and Coles is a professional. I am just worried about his toe.

Anybody else think the Redskins overpaid for Samuels?

718076[/snapback]

Absolutely. I don't think he's a great LT by any stretch of the imagination. He the tier below in the very good category, but that's a BIG bonus for a very good tackle. I watched plenty of games where he's been beat.

I think that after players are seeing what's happening to other players it's going to be all about the signing bonus. Players are getting into the middle of their contracts and they get nothing. Even good guys are getting released ie Troy Brown.

So if I was a player I would be telling my agent: Get me a big signing bonus. The length of the contract wouldn't matter as much to me; that's just for salary cap purposes. I'm betting signing bonuses become a bigger sticking point in the future............