[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens finally have someone to throw to

Jackass

CBS sportsline:

News: The Baltimore Ravens have agreed to terms on a five-year deal with Derrick Mason, who was released by Tennessee last month. He started all 16 games the past two seasons for the Titans, and set career highs in receptions in consecutive seasons.

Huge signing for Baltimore. Although my expectations aren't high for him with Boller behind the wheel. A good question to ask now is how does this affect Heap's numbers? Still, a nice trio of Mason, Heap and Lewis on one side with a solid D on the other side.

Rotoworld says he turned down a larger offer from the Patriots. If that's true, wow... (a) because the Patriots a big offer to a 31-year old WR, which goes against everything we've come to expect from them and (:D because he actually turned it down.

As a Seahawks and Panthers fan, I'm bummed :D

A great signing for Baltimore, I'm one of the minority that actually does believe in Boller. He's got the skills and the right attitude, which doesn't get enough credit.

He now has two excellent receivers in Mason and Heap with Jamal in the backfield. Tandem it with the excellent defense and you have the like the Ravens going into next year.

Plus, Fassel is only going to make Boller BETTER.

Last year Boller had Heap healthy for 4 games, Jamal Lewis was out for 4-5 games and the WRs where garbage. Not to metion Matt Cavanaugh just sucked as the OC.

Now he's got Fassell as OC, Mason as the #1, Heap as his #2 (instead of 1), a very tall Clarence Moore as his #3 option as well as Randy Hymes and Devard Darling in reserve. For the first time I can remember, the Ravens have WRs without ??? Don't forget Jamal Lewis also.

The Ravens are now expected to sign a right guard as well as keeping Orlando Brown who missed time at right tackle last year.

Remember, Boller to Mason/Heap/Moore only has to be as good as Dilfer to Ismail/Sharpe/Stokely to be the best O we've had since Testaverde/Jackson/Alexander.