[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Intense keeper quandry....

Standard performance scoring +YPCarry bonus. 10 teams, in our 10th season

OK. We start 3RBs and 2Wrs. We can keep 5, and about six of the teams will. Two more will keep 3-4, leaving me and a newcomer who I expect to keep 2 (possibly R.Wayne as a 3rd if he's stupid). I have got Peyton and Edgerrin.

SCENARIO 1-- I only keep these 2, it would probably come down to me and the other guy for a coinflip for the 1st pick in the 3rd round. I would get at least 1 of the rookie RBs, possibly 2 if I lose the coinflip or he keeps Wayne, giving my team some definite upside heading into the future.

SCENARIO 2-- I keep T. Henry (assuming he is a Cardinal) and L. Jordan (assuming he is a Raider). I get my 3 starting RBs, but don't get to pick until the 5th round, allowing the young RBs to get pillaged...ultimately making me draft receivers to try and make a run at the ring in the immediate future rather than building for the long-haul.

Is Peyton, Edge, Henry, Jordan a good enough core or should I dump the trash and take some chances to try and gather potential superstars?

If I understand the way your rules work, only those owners that keep two players still get a third round pick (so the third round could be really short) and those that keep fourth players don't get to pick until round five.

I would keep Peyton and Edge and maybe Henry (I would want to see some training camp first) and take my chances with the draft picks.

I'd keep Peyton and Edge for sure. I've never been a Henry fan. He got beat out at Buffalo, and he's going to the CARDINALS!! Drop him! The jury is still out on Jordan, but he'll be the main man in the backfield on an offense that is expected to put up some points. Hold on to him.

Edited by Chargerz

I'd keep Peyton and Edge for sure. I've never been a Henry fan. He got beat out at Buffalo, and he's going to the CARDINALS!! Drop him! The jury is still out on Jordan, but he'll be the main man in the backfield on an offense that is expected to put up some points. Hold on to him.

719303[/snapback]

Unless i missed something, henry has not been traded yet.

The point is, I really have to keep both Henry and Jordan, or keep neither. If I'm going to make the decision to go after the rookies, I really want to give myself a chance to get the best one.

The point is, I really have to keep both Henry and Jordan, or keep neither.  If I'm going to make the decision to go after the rookies, I really want to give myself a chance to get the best one.

720378[/snapback]

The main downside to keeping Henry and Jordan is if they flame out, you are screwed this season and next season.

I would probably keep Peyton and Edge and go for the younger backs. You may also find Henry and Jordan may be available later anyway.

Drop them and have options.

Edited by Chief Dick