[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brad Johnson question.....

Tyler Rose

I think he's got nothing but a rag attached to his shoulder at this point.

718818[/snapback]

That's your answer right there. He has zero arm strength and last year when he did play he had absolutley no zip on the ball and floated most of his passes. He still has the smarts but lacks the skills.

Ok, so the majority opinion seems to be his arm is shot. I didn't get much of a chance to see TB games here in Detroit before he got benched. I just thought he was in a pretty bad situation with no Pittman,McCardell and Clayton did not come on until the later weeks(maybe Johnson had something to do with that as well). Oh wait he did have Tim Brown......OK that was just my Raider hatin' coming through. Thanks for the insight guys.

Yes, Brad is a bit long in the tooth but I'll take him at 94 as opposed to........Kordell?

718802[/snapback]

Kordell is a free agent. Anthony Wright is the backup. Wright led the Ravens the playoffs two seasons ago, so the Ravens are happy (for now) with him as a backup. Stewart was only signed when Wright was put on the PUP list in camp.

Having said that, I'd like to see an other QB on the team. Some younger guy with a little experience and only a few years on him. Maybe we draft a QB.

So Kordell is a free agent,eh? Is he that far gone that his name never even comes up when AZ,Det,Cle or Den talks about the need for a QB? I thought he was never a good fit in Chicago for alot of reasons but I think he would still be a viable back up somewhere. I'd actually rather have him here in Detroit than Garcia. Did he get any reps last year in Baltimore?

Forget comparing Johnson to the Raven's backups. I'd take him over Boller. Johnson was benched last year after starting 0-4 but he was not 0-4 all by himself. The TB o-line was awful and he had so skill people to work with. Match that all up with the fact that Gruden has been trying to replace the guy since he got there, including prior to winning the SuperBowl. And, oh yeah, Boller is pathetic.