[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rolle agrees to terms with the Skins

rajncajn

They reported on the 10pm news that Samari Rolle's wife was looking at houses in KC today...

Also, reported that Jeremiah Trotter is the #1 LB we're targeting, but he's probably too expensive...then Ed Hartwell is next in line...

They reported on the 10pm news that Samari Rolle's wife was looking at houses in KC today...

Also, reported that Jeremiah Trotter is the #1 LB we're targeting, but he's probably too expensive...then Ed Hartwell is next in line...

720351[/snapback]

I still haven't seen this anywhere else which leads me to believe it's premature info. Wish we could still edit titles. :D

Rolle had dinner with Gunther Cunningham and Dick Vermeil in KC last night. Rolle came away very impressed by the Chiefs. He sounded to me like he would sign a deal today with KC..

I have a really bad feeling Peterson is going to sit on his ass and wait and end up losing anybody of value.

720550[/snapback]

Hell, at least he can even get them to come for a visit. :D

I have a really bad feeling Peterson is going to sit on his ass and wait and end up losing anybody of value.

720550[/snapback]

If the Chiefs don't open their wallets, cut players, or beg, borrow, or steal to sign at least 3 top-level defensive players, I will consider it a criminal offense.

With so many players available via FA whom are all better than any current Chief, to do any less is simply a slap in the face to chief fans.

Vermeil, Green, Priest, TG, and entire OL is not getting any younger. The time is now.

If the Chiefs don't open their wallets, cut players, or beg, borrow, or steal to sign at least 3 top-level defensive players, I will consider it a criminal offense.

With so many players available via FA whom are all better than any current Chief, to do any less is simply a slap in the face to chief fans.

Vermeil, Green, Priest, TG, and entire OL is not getting any younger.  The time is now.

721008[/snapback]

Well put g. Couldn't have said it better than that.

What is the latest on the Rolle situation?

720620[/snapback]

Chiefs | Rolle to Sign Soon? - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:05:28 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports free agent CB Samari Rolle (Titans) could be signing with the Kansas City Chiefs soon. When asked Thursday, March 3, about a time frame for getting a deal done with the Chiefs, Rolle said: "Probably by tomorrow, I think." Rolle wrapped up his visit with the Chiefs Thursday.

Chiefs | Rolle to Sign Soon? - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:05:28 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports free agent CB Samari Rolle (Titans) could be signing with the Kansas City Chiefs soon. When asked Thursday, March 3, about a time frame for getting a deal done with the Chiefs, Rolle said: "Probably by tomorrow, I think." Rolle wrapped up his visit with the Chiefs Thursday.

721158[/snapback]

I read that in the paper this morning. I wonder if there is any more news..

Not yet. Word around here is that the Chiefs are the frontrunner. They also offered Ed Hartwell a contract.

721657[/snapback]

Latest from the Star this AM:

Rolle ‘close' to signing with Chiefs

Team optimistic cornerback will agree to long-term deal

By ADAM TEICHER The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs were optimistic Friday that their recruiting efforts in free-agency would bring a contract agreement with cornerback Samari Rolle.

The parties were making progress toward a long-term deal the Chiefs hope would at long last solidify the position.

“I think we're close,” coach Dick Vermeil said. “We have a very good opportunity there. But there are also some medical things that have to be cleared up. This doesn't mean some other team won't step in and sign him before we do. It's never done until a contract is signed.”

The Chiefs weren't making as much progress in their effort to sign a linebacker. One prospect, Philadelphia's Jeremiah Trotter, refused their offer and re-signed with the Eagles. The Chiefs were talking with the agent for Baltimore's Ed Hartwell, but no deal appeared imminent.

The Chiefs on Friday also concluded free-agent visits with Pittsburgh linebacker Kendrell Bell and Tampa Bay defensive back Dwight Smith.

The Chiefs want to be sure of Rolle's physical status because a contract with him would almost certainly include a signing bonus of more than $10 million. Seattle's Ken Lucas, another top free-agent cornerback, received a reported bonus of $13 million when he signed this week with Carolina.

Rolle was remarkably durable for most of his seven seasons with the Tennessee Titans but missed five games late last season because of a left knee injury. He had arthroscopic surgery at the end of the season.

Vermeil wouldn't be more specific about Rolle's medical status other than to say the knee wasn't the issue.

“You can find something on an MRI on just about anybody if they've played any time at all in the National Football League,” he said.

Rolle and his wife, Danisha, concluded their visit to Kansas City on Thursday by having dinner with Vermeil.

“They appeared very excited,” Vermeil said. “They appeared very, very sincere. It's just a matter of getting it done and getting him cleared medically.”

Rolle would join Eric Warfield as a starting cornerback. Dexter McCleon, William Bartee [ugh], Julian Battle and possibly a draft pick would compete in training camp to be the nickel back.