[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams Sign LB Claiborne

bigdadreed

The local media is reporting the Claiborne signing in a very positive manner, sounds like a pretty cap-friendly deal. The Rams are definitely weak at linebacker, especially since they are moving Pisa Tinoisamoa to safety.

How 'bout some enlightenment from you Viking fans on this dude?

He did play well for the Lions but couldn't wait to get out of town. Of course the fact his father was shot and killed outside a Detroit bar his rookie season may have had alot to do with that decision. That and of course it was the Lions.

I don't think he did play that well with the Lions. He was over weight and out of shape most the time as I remember. Now he's off the Vikings, if he was that good, he'd still be there and Minnesota wouldn't have been in as much dire need of defensive upgrades. Personally, I feel he's overrated and was overhyped for whatever reason. After we drafted Boss, Lehman, and Alex Lewis all I can say is

Chris who????????

His last year here he had 79 solo tackles and 102 total so I think that's an alright season. The year before he was even better(91/120). Of course those were some pretty lean years overall for the Lions. I also like our linebackers now but am worried about Baileys health as he has been a bit injury prone from college til now. Lehman should only get better and better. Now if we only had a QB!!

Think a bigger London Flether

720149[/snapback]

Who sucks.

Exaggerating, this guy was on his way to being a stud. Then his dad died, and his weight started fluctuating . . . he's never ever ever been consistent, or even approached his potential.

That being said, he's a very good LB with a little upside left.

Peace

policy

He was a disappointment with the Vikings. You know, those guys with potential that flash a little here and there but never really put it together. I think the weight thing as stated above also hindered him. Didn't know the thing (or forgot it) about his dad. I'm sure that didn't help. Sometimes a new situation, fresh start, different scheme, etc. can bring out the best in a guy though.

ps - as pathetic as the vikings LB's were last year don't you think they would have kept him if he showed anything? :D

720834[/snapback]

Yeah, the Vikes are known for their shrewd personnel moves...that little Herschel Walker trade comes to mind.

:D

can you say hert and a lack of drive to hit the training room

720621[/snapback]

That pretty much covers it I think. He was actually pretty good I thought... when healthy. But that wasn't very often. When he was, it was felt he put very little effort into rehab to get back.

I think the Vikes actually did want to sign him, but weren't going to make him their first priority. And would have probably had a lot of incentive clauses that he probably didn't want any part of.

Edited by BillyBalata