[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boldin to the Vikes?

gogo2146

Hadn't heard it, but it does seem to make some sense. Boldin has let it be known that he isn't happy and wants a new contract, and Arizona doesn't seem willing to give it to him. The Cards also need a RB and wouldn't be in terrible shape at WR with Fitzgerald and Bryant Johnson. And of course Minnesota has a surplus of RBs but needs a new #1 WR. Interesting. :D

Seems plausible, Hmmm.

Maybe such a deal could take place during the draft.  In case a top receiver is off the board and a top back is still available to the Vikes at #7.

720289[/snapback]

I don't think the Vikes would draft another RB in the first round, with or without Bennett.

Vikings | Trade Rumors Dismissed - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:59:29 -0800

KFFL has learned, from a source close to the team, Minnesota Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brezinski has shot down any rumors of a reported trade involving the Vikings sending RB Michael Bennett and their 2005 second-round pick to the Arizona Cardinals for WR Anquan Boldin.

Vikings | Trade Rumors Dismissed - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:59:29 -0800

KFFL has learned, from a source close to the team, Minnesota Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brezinski has shot down any rumors of a reported trade involving the Vikings sending RB Michael Bennett and their 2005 second-round pick to the Arizona Cardinals for WR Anquan Boldin.

720415[/snapback]

"We are not trading Randy Moss" <quiet>Randy, pack your crap</quiet>

"We are not trading Randy Moss"  <quiet>Randy, pack your crap</quiet>

720429[/snapback]

:D funny stuff!

I could see the Vikes going after Fitzgerald more than Boldin. Even though Fitz is unproven in the NFL, he is a local boy with a ton of raw talent and past ties to the Vikings (he used to be a ball boy for us) plus he would really draw a crowd and maybe quiet down the criticism of the Moss fiasco. But that would take a measure of creative thinking on the part of the Vikings organization, so it will likely never happen.

:D  funny stuff!

I could see the Vikes going after Fitzgerald more than Boldin.  Even though Fitz is unproven in the NFL, he is a local boy with a ton of raw talent and past ties to the Vikings (he used to be a ball boy for us) plus he would really draw a crowd and maybe quiet down the criticism of the Moss fiasco.  But that would take a measure of creative thinking on the part of the Vikings organization, so it will likely never happen.

720499[/snapback]

Only problem there is Larry is Denny's boy. He watched the kid grow up while in MN and LF SR is a friend of Denny's as well.

I don't think the Vikes would draft another RB in the first round, with or without Bennett.

720338[/snapback]

That was a bold statement on my part, for sure. Not even one that I would cheer for, but Tice had a hugh hard for some of the RB's at the combine. He also liked the top receivers as well.

Plus the fact that the Vikes want one RB to be the guy next year but they are reluctant to have any of the current ones to be that. It's kind of like starting the music for the next musical chairs round if you ask me.

Only problem there is Larry is Denny's boy. He watched the kid grow up while in MN and LF SR is a friend of Denny's as well.

720508[/snapback]

You'd have to pry Denny's hand off LF Sr. and Jr.'s butt long enough to sign that contract! :D

Edited by MikesVikes

Having lived in AZ for a number of years I'm still a cards fan. This would be a horrible move for AZ. Bennett is always injured, and the AZ offensive line hasn't shown it can create the holes Bennett needs to be successful. B. Johnson has done nothing since being drafted in the first round, so at this point he is a #3 receiver at best. If the cards keep all 3 recievers, then that offense may have a chance. Besides, the one position that rookies often do well is RB.

The other trade rumor out there is that the Vikings trade Smith or Bennett to Miami for Surtain.

KFAN has been talking about Tice's man love for Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams!!! Speculating that both deals could be made and the Vikings would draft one of the "stud" RB's. :D

If the Vikings really wanted to change their identity that would be the way to do it.

If Denny trades away any of his receiver depth for a RB he's nuts. They're basically a lock to land either Benson, Brown, or Williams in the draft.

A decent O-line and a great trio of young receivers will make it much easier for a rookie RB to adapt. Now add a veteran QB and I think good things will be in order.

The other trade rumor out there is that the Vikings trade Smith or Bennett to Miami for Surtain.

KFAN has been talking about Tice's man love for Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams!!!  Speculating that both deals could be made and the Vikings would draft one of the "stud" RB's. :D

If the Vikings really wanted to change their identity that would be the way to do it.

720626[/snapback]

If the Vikings consider drafting anything on day 1 for the offensive side of the ball, someone needs to be terminated immediately!

The continued lunacy just proves that the NFL is dominated by life long "football" guys in a business where intelligence is not a prerequisite.