[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Possibility

We have already declared our Keepers for next season, so the trading can occur throughtout the off season. I kept:

Kevin Jones & Chris Brown

I have been offered:

The Edge and my 2nd round pick for Brown and a 5th.

Would you do it?

Revision........

Sorry, I was in a hurry. We already decared our keepers and are only allowed to keep two players. I kept Brown and Jones. I was offered:

Edge & 5th Round Pick

for

Brown & 2nd Round Pick

Edited by sizzle8610

the draft pick portion of your statement is a little blurry, but i think you are saying that you would get edge and a 5th, giving up brown and a 2nd. obviously, in a keeper league, that 2nd rounder is much better than the 5th, but i would still do the deal. you have rudi and jones who are still young, and it's not like edge is over the hill. is this guy worried about a holdout or something? brown showed injury concerns and edge is not on the downhill side, i would pull the trigger.

now, if you meant you would get edge and a 2nd and give up brown and a 5th, it would make the deal even sweeter.

i like brown, but with edge, rudi, and jones, you would be set for many years to come.

EDIT: i read that again and i see that your roster is gone other than jones & brown? sorry i was a bit confused by that. i would still probably do the deal. i would imagine the owner is thinking he will let edge go and pick up another young back in the draft. you on the other hand will still end up with edge and jones at running back. i would love that backfield.

Edited by rhippens

broncos, i agree, i would rather have edge and rudi, but i think he said he already kept jones and brown, so rudi is back in the pot. someone will nab him immediately. if sizzle did this trade and then manage to pick rudi back up in the draft, he would have edge, rudi, and jones. talk about production for years to come. but that's probably getting too far ahead of myself. i guess we both agree though for now that he do this trade, yes?

broncos, i agree, i would rather have edge and rudi, but i think he said he already kept jones and brown, so rudi is back in the pot.  someone will nab him immediately.  if sizzle did this trade and then manage to pick rudi back up in the draft, he would have edge, rudi, and jones.  talk about production for years to come.  but that's probably getting too far ahead of myself.  i guess we both agree though for now that he do this trade, yes?

720918[/snapback]

Perfectly said. Just some major problems on the whole explanation of this thread.

I agree...I'd make the deal. A backfield of Edge and Kevin Jones would be a solid way to start 2005. There are far too many questions surrounding Brown. Can he stay healthy? Does he get keyed on more in 2005 with Mason gone from the Titans offense? And if he is keyed on...can his body stand up to the even greater amount of punshment? Too much risk there for me versus Edge's solid position...do the deal.

I agree...I'd make the deal.  A backfield of Edge and Kevin Jones would be a solid way to start 2005.  There are far too many questions surrounding Brown.  Can he stay healthy?  Does he get keyed on more in 2005 with Mason gone from the Titans offense?  And if he is keyed on...can his body stand up to the even greater amount of punshment?  Too much risk there for me versus Edge's solid position...do the deal.

722970[/snapback]

I like the above line of thinking. In addition, the drop off from a 2nd pick to a 5th in a redraft is quite substantial but since this is a keeper and everyone keeps 2 that 2nd and 5th are actually a 4th and 7th which shouldn't make such a dramatic difference. I believe what difference it does make is easily offset by the upgrade to Edge. I would do it.