[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings will have losing record in 2005

Guggs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am restating the statement I said when I started this post a week ago... The Vikings will have a losing season. Last year Winfield, while ok, was supposed to help the D, well the D still sucked. With the new additions, the D will still suck and THE VIKINGS WILL HAVE A LOSING SEASON IN 2005! :D

I am restating the statement I said when I started this post a week ago... The Vikings will have a losing season. Last year Winfield, while ok, was supposed to help the D, well the D still sucked. With the new additions, the D will still suck and THE VIKINGS WILL HAVE A LOSING SEASON IN 2005! :D

729691[/snapback]

The Vikes were pretty dinged in the secondary, Winfield included. And one cover corner is not going to change the defense. Now they added another, and are close to signing Darius. That would make a huge difference. They've also, as mentioned in this thread, made other defensive improvements. If they sign Darius and Burress, this team will be very good next year, and most likely win the NFC North. They will not come close to having a losing record.

But at least you're standing by what you said.

729691[/snapback]

Nice try, however, Winfield was widely reguarded as having an excellent season last year (when he wasn't dinged up). You have nothing concrete to say other than "the D will still suck". Envy is a b$%ch!

Edited by dcdietz@usfamily.net

729691[/snapback]

Guggs , you are a sucker and I will be the first to point out at season's end that you were wrong ( assuming I can somehow beat Hugh One to the punch ). I assume you are a disgruntled Meat - Packers fan and the Sharper release / signing didn't help your logic at all. Again , bottom line ....you are a sucker and expect me to call you out on saying the Vikes will have a losing season in 2005 at season's end.

729691[/snapback]

Yes, there does seem to be cloud of bitterness invading 'ol Gugg's thought process here! Last time I looked, there were several teams in the NFL last year that had winning records without having Moss on thier roster! :D I actually like what the Vikings have done, I think they will be a better, more balanced team next year with the personnel moves they've made.

On the other hand.... GB could really suck. Raped in the FA market, no cap space, it does not look like a good year for the cheeseheads. In fact, this is almost certainly Favre's last year. Fortunately for the Pack, rebuilding does not HAVE to take 5 years anymore. Prediction: GB gets a top ten pick in the 2006 draft.

Yes, there does seem to be cloud of bitterness invading 'ol Gugg's thought process here! Last time I looked, there were several teams in the NFL last year that had winning records without having Moss on thier roster!  :D I actually like what the Vikings have done, I think they will be a better, more balanced team next year with the personnel moves they've made.

On the other hand.... GB could really suck. Raped in the FA market, no cap space, it does not look like a good year for the cheeseheads. In fact, this is almost certainly Favre's last year. Fortunately for the Pack, rebuilding does not HAVE to take 5 years anymore. Prediction: GB gets a top ten pick in the 2006 draft.

732095[/snapback]

Holy crap, I think I just saw something green with a number 4 on it run by my window! Oh, that must have been Favre getting a head start on running away from opposing defenses! Packer fans I think you're in for a long season of "Favre drops back to pass, he's being chased. He chucks it up to no one in particular! Intercepted by Smoot, he's at the 40,30,20,10,5,TOUCHDOWN!!!! And the crowd goes wild! SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!"

Guggs , you are a sucker and I will be the first to point out at season's end that you were wrong ( assuming I can somehow beat Hugh One to the punch ).  I assume you are a disgruntled Meat - Packers fan and the Sharper release / signing didn't help your logic at all.  Again , bottom line ....you are a sucker and expect me to call you out on saying the Vikes will have a losing season in 2005 at season's end.

732077[/snapback]

:DGuggs is a Vikings fan that speaks the truth. :D

Guggs,

I too was dissappointed about the Moss trade...however, the Vikings have improved their defense with the addition of Sharper, Williams and Smoot. The jury is out on Napolean but he can't be worse than what we had back there last year at LB. Cotrell has a second year to get the defense into his scheme and will be able to run his defense now that he has "real" CB's and a saftey.

The offense will need to change their identity but just like the Mariners and Rangers found out when they got rid of "A Rod" who was considered by many as the best in baseball the team can achieve more without the superstar than with.

Can the Vikings have a losing record next year...sure if Culpepper goes down or if other injuries occur. I think the Vikings will be 10-6 next year and should win the North.

I think you need to wait till after the draft an at least mini camp to have any idea of what this team will look like next season

just my 2 cents...

So what if I am a Vikes fan. I am only stating my opinion that the Vikes always say this is the year that the D gets better only to suck. Now without Moss as a threat they will have a losing record.

732925[/snapback]

But they don't always sign quality defensive free agents like this year.

Vikes have made the necessary moves so far to be the favorite to win the division in '05.

GB should be in the mix, if Bates can work his mojo on the defense. Forget the guards, the offense will be fine - bookend tackles, Ahman Green, Walker/Driver, and Favre will see to that.

Det has closed the gap between themselves and GB - if GB stumbles, the Lions can make a move. Depends on how long the Lions stay devoted to Harrington if he stays at last year's level of performance.

Chicago still hasn't convinced me; Muhammad is obviously a step in the right direction, but that's about all they've done all offseason.

If GB drops off, it's because they've taken a couple steps backward while Minny has made some MAJOR positive moves and Det and Chi keep baby-steppin' forward.