[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats to make play for Plaxico?

Luffy66

What happened to "if we need to have thugs on the team to win I'd rather lose"?

723553[/snapback]

Yeah right, Rodney Harrison is a known cheap shot artist. Just ask Trent Green............

Why is Burress a thug?  Because he has cornrows?

723562[/snapback]

Maybe not a thug, however, Burress to me doesn't exemplify the "team first" attitued that the Pats pride themselves in.

I thought I recalled him having some off-field scrapes, but I couldn't find anything with google so I guess he doesn't deserve the thug moniker.

Edited by A Little Bit Special

What happened to "if we need to have thugs on the team to win I'd rather lose"?

723553[/snapback]

Corey Dillon says hi!

I would consider Plaxico more of an underachiever than a thug

It is interesting that the Pats also offered more money than others to try to get Mason.

Maybe they are serious.

first off i would like to say I had no idea Jamie Foxx was Michael Bishops cousin, even though I knew Jamie Foxx wasnt his real name..i still remember the days sitting in foxboro where morons would hold up signs about sitting drew bledsoe in favor of Michael

second of all..i would like to say Derrick Mason is a fool..geographical and family reasons? please..Foxboro is like what 200 miles from Baltimore...he wants to go somewhere that he can catch 90 balls again

Plaxico "I want to be more involved in the gameplan" Burress...im all set with that..you wanna be more involved? catch the jump ball that was callled for you in the endzone, in the afc title game, when youve got about 7 inches on the db.

A Boston writer asking "Will they enter the Plaxico Burress sweepstakes or will they opt for a top receiver in the draft?".......

It is a question, not reporting on any fact that they are interested in him.

Plaxico is looking for money greater than Mushin, and there is no way the Pats make a play for someone that inconsistant for that much money.

They didn't inquire about Mason, they made him an offer.

I don't see an offer being extended to Plaxico.

Edited by Patsfan04

Maybe not a thug, however, Burress to me doesn't exemplify the "team first" attitued that the Pats pride themselves in. 

I thought I recalled him having some off-field scrapes, but I couldn't find anything with google so I guess he doesn't deserve the thug moniker.

723573[/snapback]

Didn't he get in trouble for being drunk at the beach a couple of years ago :D . Not that it's a big deal. Hell, I was drunk at the beach this past weekend too :D

Yeah, there's nothing in that article to make you think they're going after Plax... it's an author thinking out loud, no real 'info' there at all...

723765[/snapback]

A Boston writer asking "Will they enter the Plaxico Burress sweepstakes or will they opt for a top receiver in the draft?".......

It is a question, not reporting on any fact that they are interested in him.

Which is why there is a question mark (?) in the title.

Just trying to make conversation, didn't mean for the facts to get in the way.

I probably wouldn't classify Burress as a thug, more like the NFL's version of a studio gangster.

I tell you one thing though, he keeps it gangster on the sideline (rows, side ways hat with the brim straight, pants down to his thighs) !!!

Didn't he get in trouble for being drunk at the beach a couple of years ago  :D .

723754[/snapback]

I believe it was some issue in Cleveland, he was drinking in public and the man told him and his crew to wrap it up. He didn't listen and ended up getting arrested.

catch the jump ball that was callled for you in the endzone, in the afc title game, when youve got about 7 inches on the db.

723624[/snapback]

:D The pass was awful, very underthrown. :D The only way Plaxico having 7 inches on the db could even be a factor is if Plaxico was 4' 11".

Plax is going to the Giants............that pair they have r done.

Don't know if Plax is a thug, but this is for sure.......his daddy must have been a crackhead to come up with that name :D

723573[/snapback]

To support this argument, Burress, when asked about his Free Agency said "I don't care where i go as long as i get the receptions i deserve and the money i deserve"

NE PATS kinda guy 100%

"ESPN Radio 1250 in Pittsburgh is reporting that Plaxico did not show up for his scheduled meeting with the New York Giants today. The Giants didn't have a comment other than to contact Plaxico's agent."

With Plax a no show in New York, for the Giants, maybe the Pats are making a serious play?

Edited by Big Score 1

:D

I just saw the game is all.

724183[/snapback]

i posed a similar question on a steelers message board...here is post in which someone actually offered up an opinion on wheter or not it should have been caught...in order

vansland Posted: Mar 07, 2005 06:26 PM Quote

The pass was under thrown. If he would've caught that ball, he'd be off the market by now. It would've been Moss-esque.

Or maybe I was hammered.

Sportsmeister Posted: Mar 07, 2005 07:28 PM Quote

If you watch the replay, it clearly shows that Burress' arm was held by one of the Pat's defenders before the ball ever arrived. It should have been a pass interference penalty and a first and goal on the one yard line. Also, his momemntum was carrying him away from the ball. He batted it up slightly with one hand in an attempt to snare it. It would have been a very difficult catch.

iceman2740 Posted: Mar 09, 2005 02:55 PM Quote

He should have caught that ball. He miss timed his jump and was on his way down when it hit him in the hands.He wants big money but money players make that catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blesbespn Posted: Mar 09, 2005 05:09 PM Quote

Plax has always had the bad habit of mis-timing and mis-directing his jumps. He's often on his way down instead of up when the ball arrives and sometimes jumps in awkward directions. He's a gangly guy who is often gangly about the way that he catches the ball. He just doesn't have the body control of a guy like moss (and i can't stand moss) or some of the other top notch receivers.

Because of this, he's also shown to have difficulty at times tapping two toes inbounds at the sideline. In fact, early in his career he would on occasion just take those big jar-jar-binks steps right out of bounds. It would be frustrating to watch a top flight receiver play with ballerina steps when needed and then see plax and have to admit, "he ain't no ballerina, that's for sure."

He has gotten better with time (stellar 19.9 ypc is nothing to scoff at), but still shows some of those weeknesses. That catch in AFCC being a prime example. Sure it was a hard catch on an underthrown ball. But 6'6" top ten draft picks who are given the physical gifts that plax has are supposed to make those catches. It's indicative of why he's unemployed right now.

Heck, if he was making those catches, steelers woulda signed him to a contract last winter and this conversation wouldn't exist. Hope he does well in the league but he's gotta stop living on potential and start living on production.

rocket31y2ks... Posted: Mar 09, 2005 05:35 PM Quote

The fact that Burress is gone does not change the fact that he should have caught that ball. My only defense for him is that it was a bad play call but he still should have caught it, it was a key moment in the game a chance to get within seven he has too make that play it wasnt the best thrown ball but he could have been way more aggressive he just didnt clutch up bottom line no excuses if he would have caught that ball he probably would have been re-signed or if not given the large payday he was looking for.

which proves you are right..the general consensus is that the ball was underthrown..however it also proves im right..he sucks

:D

I just saw the game is all.

724183[/snapback]

I was at the game, but I "Tivo-ed" it.

I just played it back a few days ago. The Pass in the endzone was just one of the passes that he should have grabbed due to his obvious advantage against the DB in height.

The comments about his timing and jumps is dead on. Being able to reply the plays over and over I saw several instances in the title game where he just did not jump up to get the ball (one was an interception). Yes, some balls were underthrown, but if Plax were to stop and jump up he could easily catch them.

Bottom line: Plax just does not make clutch catches in clutch games, not saying he is not good or has no talent... he is just no Hines Ward