[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which QB to Keep ?

leper65

I'm in an auction league and I need to decide between Carr $8 and Palmer $4. Salary cap is $180, so neither one will hurt me too bad. Who's gonna put up better numbers ? Basic scoring system 4 pts for a TD, 1 pt per 25 yards. I like Carr's schedule better (so far anyways): Colts, Tenn and Jags 2X vs Palmer's Pitt, Bal and Cle 2X

Palmer is one of the more interesting players in the league. He has a cannon arm and the support of a skilled offense, led by Rudi Johnson and Chad Johnson. Palmer does lack experience and but his pure upside makes him a decent sleeper option IMO. I also see CJ having a break out year. :D

Palmer is one of the more interesting players in the league.  He has a cannon arm and the support of a skilled offense, led by Rudi Johnson and Chad Johnson. Palmer does lack experience and but his pure upside makes him a decent sleeper option IMO.  I also see CJ having a break out year.  :D

725937[/snapback]

I agree. Palmer shows more promise for a good 2005 than Carr.

ill go with Carr for the reasons of these: He has a speedy WR in Johnson followed by average supporting WR's. He has a good TE in Miller. Also he has DD which is a very good RB. The O-line is okay, nothing to brag about, and the defense is improving. go with carr unless strapped for money

This will be Carr's bust or break out year. Palmer has a better WR corp, but is still learning. For this year, I think I'd go Carr.... if it were a keeper league, Palmer. This is also Caper's make or break year.... he has to start winning. For this year, I'd go with the team with the high expectations, Carr. The schedule also favors Carr. it's a tough call.

It's close, but I'm always one to go with potiental, to me Palmer has more potiential. If you can put that other $4 toward a top RB, I'd go with the odds that Palmer will break out, bigger than Carr.

This will be Carr's bust or break out year. Palmer has a better WR corp, but is still learning. For this year, I think I'd go Carr.... if it were a keeper league, Palmer. This is also Caper's make or break year.... he has to start winning. For this year, I'd go with the team with the high expectations, Carr. The schedule also favors Carr. it's a tough call.

737545[/snapback]

I disagree; I think Houston's overall receiving corps is better than Cincy's. I think CJ is overrated. Houshmendzadeh is decent. But who else do they have? No one. And no TE to speak of. Houston, on the other hand, has a Johnson of their own, who I think was a bit quiet this past season and will break out big time this coming season (3rd year WRs typically do). I like Armstrong, Bradford and Gaffney. All solid. And as seminoles pointed out, Billy Miller is a very underrated TE.

All that being said, however, I think Palmer at $4 is a far better VALUE than Carr at $8. If I'm understanding the auction/keeper league format correctly, that is.

Bradford is an FA, no? The problem with Andre Johnson is he will be the guy the opposing D will key on, most of the time with double coverage. Miller underated? not sure about that, either. I think he's a 35 to 40 reception TE. With CJ, if he gets doubled, Housh is a threat. I dont see any Houston WR to take the double off of Johnson. The major reason I like Carr here is DD. He is one of the best recieving RB's in the NFL, as long as he stays healthy. If not for him, I like Palmer. I also like Palmer long term over Carr.

ill go with Carr for the reasons of these: He has a speedy WR in Johnson followed by average supporting WR's. He has a good TE in Miller. Also he has DD which is a very good RB. The O-line is okay, nothing to brag about, and the defense is improving. go with carr unless strapped for money

735440[/snapback]

:D

DD is a good pass catching RB also.

broncosn05,

I'm pacing myself. I'll never get to the lofty number of posts you have, but I can dream.

I also have Dom Davis, should have mentioned that. Other than DD my RB's pretty much suck, especially if Tampa drafts an RB in rd 1. I have Pittman and Doughns and Emmitt...Ricky Williams hosed me. Anyways we keep 5, so I may end up with:

Palmer $4

D. Davis $17

Marvin Harrison $56 (I can restrict him and get him a bit cheaper)

Larry Fitzgerald $19

Jason Witten $12

That will leave me around $80, I can make that work. If Tampa doesn't upgrade at RB, I can keep Pittman at $5.

waterman are you on drugs, thats the first time anyone has complimented me on something football related in the huddle. get yourself checked out :D

740815[/snapback]

Since they aren't classes as studs yet, the Texan players are overlooked.

broncosn05,

I'm pacing myself.  I'll never get to the lofty number of posts you have, but I can dream. 

I also have Dom Davis, should have mentioned that.  Other than DD my RB's pretty much suck, especially if Tampa drafts an RB in rd 1.  I have Pittman and Doughns and Emmitt...Ricky Williams hosed me.  Anyways we keep 5, so I may end up with:

Palmer                  $4

D. Davis              $17

Marvin Harrison    $56 (I can restrict him and get him a bit cheaper)

Larry Fitzgerald    $19

Jason Witten        $12

That will leave me around $80, I can make that work.  If Tampa doesn't upgrade at RB, I can keep Pittman at $5.

740741[/snapback]

If you have and are keeping DD, I would say you keep Palmer - especially at $4 (good value). He'll continue to improve.

Keep Palmer ... I'm still waiting for Carr to have the strong season that people have been expecting for a couple of years now. Granted, the Texans are not the strongest team ever, but 34 TD passes in 44 games is not the production I want from my fantasy team's QB ... seems to me that Palmer can hardly do any worse than Carr, and stands a good chance of doing better.

Yeah, Palmer has more upside, I'll probably go with him. I'm still going after an established QB as a just in case scenario. Favre dropped to me last year for $14.

735440[/snapback]

CJ isn't fast?? :D

Rudi opens up the passing game! :D

Housh is BETTER than average. :D

Don't lie the TEs are both inadequate. :D