[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Bullpen

broncosn05

Baseball season is almost upon us and I just wanted to make a survey. Being from CO I would die for a good P :D . But if you were an owner (meaning keep cap in mind) who would you take. I know I'll take my share of %&^* for this but I like the CHI in this area. Maybe because I am a long last fan of CHI through the bad and some good. But with Maddux, Prior, Wood, and Zambrano I like the way it's looking. Last I heard though Kerry Wood just got hurt so :D

Edit to add- Wood's injury was a precaution

Edited by broncosn05

Ignoring the fact that the Thread starter had no idea what she was talking about! - I'm an Angel fan really wondering how our bullpen will fare this year. With Frankie Rodriquez taking over for Percival, we lose both the established closer, and his best setup guy. Should be interesting.

I'm also interested in Atlanta, wher Smoltz leaves the bullpen to be a starter, and they bring in Kolb.

Other than that, the best bullpen is probably Yankees.

Ignoring the fact that the Thread starter had no idea what she was talking about! - I'm an Angel fan really wondering how our bullpen will fare this year. With Frankie Rodriquez taking over for Percival, we lose both the established closer, and his best setup guy. Should be interesting.

I'm also interested in Atlanta, wher Smoltz leaves the bullpen to be a starter, and they bring in Kolb.

Other than that, the best bullpen is probably Yankees.

727653[/snapback]

???????

I would be a he and why don't I know what I am talking about.

???????

I would be a he and why don't I know what I am talking about.

727657[/snapback]

Maybe because the title of the thread is best bullpen and you talk about the starting rotation?  :D

727746[/snapback]

Yep i saw nothing about releif pitchers :D

Guest dabears
Baseball season is almost upon us and I just wanted to make a survey.  Being from CO I would die for a good P :D .  But if you were an owner (meaning keep cap in mind)  who would you take.  I know I'll take my share of %&^* for this but I like the CHI in this area.  Maybe because I am a long last fan of CHI through the bad and some good.  But with Maddux, Prior, Wood, and Zambrano I like the way it's looking.  Last I heard though Kerry Wood just got hurt so  :D

Edit to add- Wood's injury was a precaution

727520[/snapback]

I get where you were going w/the thread...

I honestly don't know enough of team's start rotation to not give a hugely biased answer.

As for our bullpen...the Farns being gone is good. I think he just had too many control problems, with both his pitching and attitude. I don't think Hawkins is worthy of being the closer either, but we really don't have much of a choice. Bad feeling about Borowski this year...hope he can pull through for us, even if it's being relief.

Wood's injury was just a precaution, he felt his shoulder was getting tight. The guys usually do 3 innings anyway and Wood had 2 under his belt.