[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Meier agrees to Saints offer

rajncajn

Meier agrees to Saints offer

Tight end Shad Meier became the latest former Titan to land on his feet elsewhere as he agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the New Orleans Saints last night.

''I talked to (former Titans fullbacks) Robert Holcombe and Greg Comella, just to get advice from guys who have gone through free agency before,'' Meier said. ''They both said the exact same thing, to be patient because it could last a long time or it could go really quick. I was coming at it from both angles, and the way it went was great.''

Meier, a third-round draft pick by the Titans in 2001, caught a career-high 25 passes for 127 yards and two touchdowns in 2004. He missed two games after having his appendix removed during the season. In four seasons, Meier caught 42 passes for 334 yards and three TDs.

So Tennessee fans, tell me what you think about this guy. He's obviously not a pass-catching TE, so can he block?

He is a serviceable Tight End.  But with Ben Troop and Erron Kinney in front of him, he wasnt going to play much at Tennessee this year.  Plays hard but not alot of natural talent..

728255[/snapback]

Sounds a lot like Conwell, hopefully he has better hands.

More than likely he'll fill the "Lamont Hall role" -- mainly a blocking TE and will play alot of special teams. Neither Conwell nor Williams are going anywhere.

And to the jackazz above who belittled the "roster fine-tuning", that's ok, the best fine-tuning we did was pawn Turdley off on the Lams.

More than likely he'll fill the "Lamont Hall role" -- mainly a blocking TE and will play alot of special teams.  Neither Conwell nor Williams are going anywhere.

And to the jackazz above who belittled the "roster fine-tuning", that's ok, the best fine-tuning we did was pawn Turdley off on the Lams.

729346[/snapback]

I would be that "jackazz" & agree that dumping Mr. Turdley here in STL was an excellent move on your part. I will still take my Lams over the Aints any day, though.

We also have the young Hilton kid that looks to get into the mix more this year as well.

I look for Conwell or Boo Williams to be cut soon.  Not sure which one I'd prefer at this point.

729887[/snapback]

I think Boo had his chance & didn't come thru last year. As much as I'd love to see him stay & play the way he did at the end of the 03 season I think it's time to cut ties with him and give Hilton a shot at being the pass-catching TE.