[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plaxico

Outshined

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is TO with no talent to back it up. no toughness, no competitive fire... all he has is size, and some speed, and he doesnt use either talent enough on the field to make up for his obvious lack of team skills, on the field, or off.

I'm glad he's not going to the G-Men, I'd rather he went to the Vikes.

He could be an impact in fantasy again with Culpepper focusing on him. He's a better talent than people give him credit for, and I don't believe he's the cancer that people make him out to be.

I just like to see players go where they can put up good numbers, it's better for all us fantasy lovers. Plex with the Vikes is a fourth round consideration. Plex with the Giants is a seventh at best in my book.

He'll be a Viking by the end of today.

728606[/snapback]

Most likely as his market has evaporated he will need to supplement his new contract. :D

Seriously though, consensus around here is he's Moss wihout the talent so how does this help?

I would think that the Vikes might have learned something from the Moss experience. Why bring in a guy who is missing appointments with the "flu"? This guy is an arse, but without Moss' talents. They would be better off forgiving Kelly Cambell of his sins, rather than to sign a spineless Burress. Why they would want another "problem" after finally of riding themselves of Moss is a mystery to me. Sign Gardner, let Burelson get better, and modify the offense some. It's been what, 2 or 3 years since Plaxico has had a TD over 50 yards?

Minny needs a deep threat, and Burress aint that. Burleson fills that big reciever roll. And, he will actually go UP in the end zone to pull a ball in. Burress is a cheap man's Burleson. Minny dont need him.

Well....I think it's necesarry to keep in mind most Minnesotans weren't happy that Moss was dealt away. Some of us have been able to come to terms with it better then others. That said...I do believe that at some point in time in some relationships there comes a time where it's maybe wise to part ways BEFORE everything really hits the fan and blows up in your face instead of waiting until after. I think the Vikes and Moss were at that point.

As far as Plax goes, there are definelty some similiar traits going on there. He's a little childish and moody it seems, just like Moss, but one big difference if he was to sign with the Vikes is, Randy was at the top of the pyramid. The star of the team, I can say and do whatever I want. What are they going to do to me? Plaxico is not going to have that same status.

Do I think Plax is a must sign for the Vikes? No. Should we even be thinking about paying him a long term contract at 5 mill a year like he has been asking. No. But a 1-3 year deal, at a lower based salary with incentives built in that could earn him alot more money, I think the risk/reward factor could be worth it.

The current wr corp for the Vikes is going to be missing a couple things, the deep ball threat and red zone threat. MRob can still provide the red zone threat possibly, but Daunte has become pretty good at putting that ball up in the corner of the end zone where a tall wr can go up over smaller dbs and bring the ball down. I think Plax could be the guy to accomplish both aspects in the Vikes offense. Again, for the right price, the risk could be worth it.

I don't put much stock in what Plax did with the Steelers. Who's been throwing the ball to him? Kordell and Tommy Maddox for the most part. This year, BIg Ben comes onto the scene and Plax was looking a whole lot better until he got hurt.

I think Plax could fill the hole in the wr position, we've already filled holes in the d-line, lb corp and the secondary. Fill that last hole before the draft, and that frees up the front office to do whatever they want in draft, they won't have to be focusing as much on making sure we fill one certain position

Nice breakdown Billy. I think you hit the nail on the head with your analysis. Even if the Vikings are planning on being a "smashmouth" football team you can't allow the defense to stack 9 men in the box. We do need a WR to stretch the D so we can run the ball. Burleson is a C Carter type receiver who can break a 10 yard slant into a 55 yard TD, but he is not going to burn a CB on a fly route! Burress is the best option out there for us and if we can get him cheap... plus it alows us some flexibility in the draft. If the player they want is there at #7 take him or if not trade down a couple spots and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. (of course make sure you have the deal done or get your card up there before you run out of time!!!)

KFAN is reporting that Plaxico is on his way to Winter Park (Vikings headquarters) tonight. Could be that a deal is being pounded out?

Edited by T-Scorp

Rumors from other Vikings message boards from a so called "insider" have Plax coming to Minnesota this evening. I bet he's signed by tonight.

728889[/snapback]

With Burleson emerging last season, EVEN when Moss wasn't playing, I think the combo of Burress and Burleson, with a little Kelly Campbell thrown in could be a decent WR threat.

If the Vikes couldn't win with Moss, Plax isn't going to put them over the hump.

As far as Plax goes, there are definelty some similiar traits going on there. He's a little childish and moody it seems,  just like Moss, but one big difference if he was to sign with the Vikes is, Randy was at the top of the pyramid. The star of the team, I can say and do whatever I want. What are they going to do to me? Plaxico is not going to have that same status.

728828[/snapback]

Exactelly! I couldn't agree with you more.

With Burleson emerging last season, EVEN when Moss wasn't playing, I think the combo of Burress and Burleson, with a little Kelly Campbell thrown in could be a decent WR threat.

728894[/snapback]

I think we could dump KC and sign Travis Taylor. Then of course we would draft Mike Williams.

Burress, Burleson, Robinson, Taylor, & Williams. No Moss there, but the sum looks good!

No, but a rebuilt defense could. We're already improved on the line and in the secondary. The LBers are still suspect though.

728905[/snapback]

I agree the D needs to get alot better.

They have a STUD in Kevin Williams...

Two GREAT corners now by adding Smoot...

They upgraded at LB with Harris, even if he isn't a star...

...and got a veteran run stopper in Fat Williams...i mean, Pat...

if they add one more good LB, this is a potential top 10 D next year...

Not to mention second year under the D Coordinator...

This team is having a GREAT offseason so far...

Edited by alexgaddis

They have a STUD in Kevin Williams...

Two GREAT corners now by adding Smoot...

They upgraded at LB with Harris, even if he isn't a star...

...and got a veteran run stopper in Fat Williams...i mean, Pat...

if they add one more good LB, this is a potential top 10 D next year...

Not to mention second year under the D Coordinator...

This team is having a GREAT offseason so far...

728914[/snapback]

And don't forget to mention your Brain Surgeon Coach :D

If the Vikes couldn't win with Moss, Plax isn't going to put them over the hump.

728896[/snapback]

With all due respect: dumbass. :oldrazz:

It was never the Vikes offense that was the problem, at least not in the last several years. With Smoot and Winfield at CB, and MAYBE Darius at safety, they could have one of the top secondaries in the NFL. That will put them over the hump. Then, a solid WR group, albeit without stud Moss, could be enough to take them further than Moss and no defense ever did. Keep in mind, they probably have the deepest RB group in the league as well.

I know you acknowledged the fact that the defense needs improvement, but still felt the need to respond to your original post. :D

With all due respect: dumbass. :oldrazz:

It was never the Vikes offense that was the problem, at least not in the last several years. With Smoot and Winfield at CB, and MAYBE Darius at safety, they could have one of the top secondaries in the NFL. That will put them over the hump. Then, a solid WR group, albeit without stud Moss, could be enough to take them further than Moss and no defense ever did. Keep in mind, they probably have the deepest RB group in the league as well.

I know you acknowledged the fact that the defense needs improvement, but still felt the need to respond to your original post. :D

728928[/snapback]

All that being said, Tice is still an idiot. A likeable idiot, but none the less an idiot.