[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plaxico

Outshined

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't put much stock in what Plax did with the Steelers. Who's been throwing the ball to him? Kordell and Tommy Maddox for the most part. This year, BIg Ben comes onto the scene and Plax was looking a whole lot better until he got hurt.

728828[/snapback]

I agree with this 100% and cannot believe no one had brought this up earlier. I'm not saying Plax is a saint, but I would be pissed off too if I was a 2nd WR on a run first team. Take Big Ben's season for whatever you want, but he also wasn't exactly throwing 20+ passes per game. Plax's numbers were going up but that's because instead of Ward getting 10 out of the 11 catches thrown per game he was now splitting those 11 passes with Plax. Not a Vikes homer or anything and obviously can't speak on behalf of them, but they are the closes team to where I live and i would be more than happy to go to a game and see Plax in purple alongside Burleson, KC, MRob, CPep and the 3 RB's they have. Plax signing a 1-3 year contract loaded with incentives would be great for all sides IMO.

As it was with Moss, so it goes with Tice. He's our idiot, so shutup! :D

728948[/snapback]

:D:D

All that being said, Tice is still an idiot. A likeable idiot, but none the less an idiot.

728930[/snapback]

I didn't know Tice was even a likeable idiot. But as much as i would love to blame the past few years on him, it was more McCombs fault. He didn't do enough in the offseason to help build up a defense that you could put faith into. He never has shown us that World Championship initiative that Super Bowl teams like the Patriots do.

I don't know who drugged him this year but im liking the fact that he is realizing that he can't just ride on a couple stud offensive players to get him a super bowl title. Now with Moss gone, i think he's feeling the pressure and is trying to spend that 30+ we are under the cap.

Seems to me someone should tell Plaxico that he only caught 35 balls last year, and only 60 the year before that. He wants Muhammad money, but Muhammad caught 93 balls including 16 TDs last year. Being talented only buys you so much time to prove yourself, having 1 outstanding season out of 5 years in the league doesn't make you a superstar, and it also doesn't warrant you getting a $30 million contract as a WR. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

I do think he would be much better on the Vikes. He stepped up last year with Rothlisberger at the helm. Maddox and Kordell did nothing for him. With a decent QB he will post much better stats.

He stepped up last year with Rothlisberger at the helm. Maddox and Kordell did nothing for him.

729252[/snapback]

His YPC went up, and has always been good, but 35 catches in 11 games is certainly nothing to get excited about. Clearly if he ends up in Minnesota it can only help him, but he has yet to prove he can be consistent, and he's no longer a season or two into his career where you can just write that fact off...he's been playing in the NFL for 5 seasons now. Maybe he steps up this year, maybe not, but it certainly can't be construed as a given that he will IMO.

Edited by Skrappy1

There is an outside chance with the Eagles. Talks between them and his agent are going on. Maybe if he accepts a 1 year deal.

Edited by NSab

Some more insight on why the Giants went to the media to annouce they were no longer interested in Burress. EA said it best...

"There's no player that would command this kind of money left," Accorsi said, "for us, at least." (referring to the $5 mil per year and $10-$12 mil signing bonus Burress was asking for)

Whoever gets him, have fun!

Link 03/11/05 6:27AM post

I heard on NFL radio, just 5 minutes ago - unconfirmed reports Plaxico signs one year deal with..........EAGLES

729738[/snapback]

I'll believe it when I see it (especially from someone with a name like flyeaglesfly :D ) We've already heard that he's signed with the Jets, signed with the Giants, close to signing with the Vikings...

I'll believe it when I see it (especially from someone with a name like flyeaglesfly  :D ) We've already heard that he's signed with the Jets, signed with the Giants, close to signing with the Vikings...

729763[/snapback]

I know, Iknow. Just reporting what I heard!

Loved the story in the news yesterday about how Plax blew off his first meet with the Giants, was late to the second (and we all know how Coughlin feels about timeliness), and then refused to take a physical for them.

Best of luck to the team to take him.

Loved the story in the news yesterday about how Plax blew off his first meet with the Giants, was late to the second (and we all know how Coughlin feels about timeliness), and then refused to take a physical for them.

Best of luck to the team to take him.

729785[/snapback]

Although I have no idea what your last statement means, this type of attitude is still a major upgrade from Randy Moss. :D

Plax was huge at MSU, but he always relied on his gifts. He would turn it on and turn it off--rip up Michigan for 10 catches and 150 yards, then disappear for the next two weeks. I don't think he understands that in the NFL, you don't get paid because you're supposed to be good.

Peace

policy

I heard on NFL radio, just 5 minutes ago - unconfirmed reports Plaxico signs one year deal with..........EAGLES

729738[/snapback]

Last night on NFL Network they said he had a contract in hand (faxed) from the Eagles, but he was still going to hear the Vikings offer today. On the Eagles MB they're saying a decision will be out 6pm tonight. Will see. Why would he come to us for a 1 year deal? This is his only shot at big $$$. What is he going to prove as a #2 to TO? He's only going to see 50 catches at best. We spread the ball to much. Plus he didn't want to be a #2 to Ward, but he does to TO?

My money is on the Vikings. Lots of cap space and a chance to be the #1 guy. I don't see him in Eagle green. Would go out of my mind if he did!!!

Edited by Hop Devil

Last night on NFL Network they said he had a contract in hand (faxed) from the Eagles, but he was still going to hear the Vikings offer today.  On the Eagles MB they're saying a decision will be out 6pm tonight.  Will see.  Why would he come to us for a 1 year deal?  This is his only shot at big $$$.  What is he going to prove as a #2 to TO?  He's only going to see 50 catches at best.  We spread the ball to much.  Plus he didn't want to be a #2 to Ward, but he does to TO?

My money is on the Vikings.  Lots of cap space and a chance to be the #1 guy.  I don't see him in Eagle green.  Would go out of my mind if he did!!!

730372[/snapback]

Yeah - It sounds fishy, it could be ploy to make the Vikes front office think he is in demand so they up their price.

Last night on NFL Network they said he had a contract in hand (faxed) from the Eagles, but he was still going to hear the Vikings offer today.  On the Eagles MB they're saying a decision will be out 6pm tonight.  Will see.  Why would he come to us for a 1 year deal?  This is his only shot at big $$$.  What is he going to prove as a #2 to TO?  He's only going to see 50 catches at best.  We spread the ball to much.  Plus he didn't want to be a #2 to Ward, but he does to TO?

My money is on the Vikings.  Lots of cap space and a chance to be the #1 guy.  I don't see him in Eagle green.  Would go out of my mind if he did!!!

730372[/snapback]

maybe he wants to go to the Super Bowl next year? You know that's no happening with the Vikings :D