[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flutie back to the Pats?

Guest Sores

Guest Sores

Doug Flutie was released today by SD. I could see him going to New England to back up Brady and possibly collect a ring. He would obviously have to sign a league minimum type contract, maybe laden with incentives....

Edited by Sores

Guest Sores
He's done.  I doubt he lands another NFL gig.

730738[/snapback]

Maybe you have some inside information? Everything I have heard about him over the past couple years sounds the same...he is in amazing shape and can still play. He is no Doug Pederson thats for sure.

If the Pats can find someone interested in Rohan Davey, they would probably be comfortable with Redman and Flutie as backups.

If he left on bad terms, it was a different regime he would have the bad taste with.

However, Bellichick doesn't seem like the type that would bring someone in because the person is from the area, or for a happy feel good story.

He's done.  I doubt he lands another NFL gig.

730738[/snapback]

Maybe you have some inside information?  Everything I have heard about him over the past couple years sounds the same...he is in amazing shape and can still play.  He is no Doug Pederson thats for sure.

730757[/snapback]

This sort of sums up his NFL career, huh!?!

So if I'm reading the reports out of Chicago right they weren't all that impressed with B Johnsons work out? This is the team that started Quinn, Krenzel and then signed J George? What the he** happened in that workout? Did Johnson throw left handed? If the Bears don't want him then I know he's a good pick up for the Lions!! I agree that if we can't get Johnson though then bring on the Flutie Flakes!!!

Freotte might sign with the another team if he can be a starter, if thats the case the Vikes might be looking for a backup.

730928[/snapback]

I don't understand this. The guy has thrown about 200 passes in the last 4 years, and was never that great when he did. Okay, but nothing special. (Though he has been around for a while - remember when he was fighting Heath Shuler for the starting job in Washington?)

He's a good backup, but what team in the league can honestly say he's a better option at QB than what they have right now? Even Miami, his most-rumored destination and a team with probably the weakest QB situation in the league, wants to see if Feeley can really be the answer.

So if I'm reading the reports out of Chicago right they weren't all that impressed with B Johnsons work out? This is the team that started Quinn, Krenzel and then signed J George? What the he** happened in that workout? Did Johnson throw left handed? If the Bears don't want him then I know he's a good pick up for the Lions!!  I agree that if we can't get Johnson though then bring on the Flutie Flakes!!!

731305[/snapback]

i think we need Gene Hackman back in Chicago to get rid of all these drugs that are swarming the Bears

I think one of his kids will be a senior (unless they are now) in HS in SD....I heard last year he was hoping to stay in SD until she ? was through. Thats the only thing that would keep him on the West coast, I think.

I think one of his kids will be a senior (unless they are now) in HS in SD....I heard last year he was hoping to stay in SD until she ? was through.  Thats the only thing that would keep him on the West coast, I think.

735928[/snapback]

It's true - his daughter is finishing her junior year now and will be a senior in the fall.