[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Burgess to Oak-Town

Marauders11

Waiting on word about Plaxi-glass and I just heard that Burgess is gone to Oakland. That kind of sucks- Burgess was like "Freak-Lite" during the playoffs and looked like he was coming into his own. -

Confirmation from KFFL:

Raiders | Burgess Landed With Five-year Pact - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:16:57 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Oakland Raiders have reached a contract agreement with free agent DE Derrick Burgess (Eagles) on a five-year, $17.5 million deal. The contract includes a $6 million signing bonus.

He!! yeah, I'm just as excited about this guy as the Randy Moss trade. I hope he didn't peak with his play in the playoff's. He really looked good especially against Atlanta containing Vick on the rollouts.

Wow how did they sign this guy, I didn't think they had any more room under the cap.......... :D

I can't believe Philly let him go  :D

733629[/snapback]

GHopefully that is sarcasm. Although Burgess maybe a nice player, he hasn't been heathy for an entire season for the last three years. I would have liked to see the Eagles keep him for depth since McDougle doesn't seem to be the real deal and Hugh Douglas is basically done. Oakland gave him too much IMO.

GHopefully that is sarcasm.  Although Burgess maybe a nice player, he hasn't been heathy for an entire season for the last three years.  I would have liked to see the Eagles keep him for depth since McDougle doesn't seem to be the real deal and Hugh Douglas is basically done.  Oakland gave him too much IMO.

734004[/snapback]

The team that loses a free agent always says he wasn't worth the money and the team that get's the free agent says he was worth it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...john&id=2009514

Paying for the players in the first week of free agency is pricey and sometimes might not look to make sense. But football is a talent acquisition sport. No team can pay those steep prices every year, but if the alternative is floundering around and doing without, it's better to strike and strike fast.

The alternatives sometimes could be worse. They are known as losses.