[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the meanest thing you've ever done

twiley

I'm not trying to direct traffic to our both league but I did something tonight to a person that truly got what he deserved. Read it and let me know what you think...no stories about cruel things just stories about people getting what they deserved.

Oops sorry, my article is in the 4983...if someone could post a link to it taht would be great

Here you go:

Thats not true, I've never met you but you've got a friend to see in the Lou. (that's St. Louis) Good lord I'm Drunk, the snobby people made the mistake tonight and let me pick out the wine. Can you say 19998 Chateau Petrus. I love going out with people that know nothing about wine but think that money is what it's all about. Wine tab for the evening and quite a few shocked couples: $1485....you think they'll let me pick next time.

We could have got out of there for less than 200 in wine for 3 couples but some a-hole at the beginning of the evening thought it would be cool to talk about how much money he made and what his net worth was. Idiot. Time to get a taste of welcome to the real world by twiley.

Scene set...so Tom I understand you're big in wine...um yes...well I only drink Opus One (150 or so a bottle but highly commercialized). So I go well that's typical for someone who considers price to be a factor when selecting wine. He didn't care for that and proceeded to tell me that Opus is the best. I made a bet with him that i would present 4 bottles throughout the evening, one being opus and that at least 2 would bw better. So I picked 2 that were very similar to Opus and 2 that were off the charts and ones that I've wanted to try for ahwile but they were too expensive. The bet was that if a majoirty of the table picked the opus over the other bottles then I would pick upo the wine bill. COme to poppa....I noticed that the place had a nice little 1999 footbolt shiraz for 30 bucks and knew this was my moneymaker...90+ pts from the critics. I picked out another nice 2000 Bordeaux that was up and coming...aqnd of course the opus(1998 which this place was selling for 225) I decided to go for the juglar and ordered the petrus which was...well it was 700+. I had the waiter cover the wines ans serve them throughout the evening...the footbolt scored high with everyone and this idiot was even sayin gthat this was the opus hands down. The petrus held up but still needed to sit for awhile and open up, mind you it fell against a 30 dollar bottle....so the evening winds down and I know I've got this in the bag but I play it up that thos guy knows his ***...he's bragging and saying all of this other crud. I have the waiter bring out the bottles to reveal what was what aqnd I've never seen a fake tan person go white before, he realised he lost but tghen he crapped a brick when he saw the bill. This isn't the most level headed guy and he aCTually threatened to beat the crap out of me right there, he actually got really po'd and his wife had to take him outside for awhile. Anyway, he paid the bill for the wine but oonly after his first card came back declined...didn'y help the matter. It also didn't help when I told him that I was going to go home and clean the toilet with the Opus because it made the porcelain nice and white.

Give me a nice cold IPA or death....give me some rich f'er who thinks he's all that and I'll open his eyes to a world of reality.

And here's the drunk f'er in me right now....it doesn't matter what you do or how much you make, it's all about the simple fact of looking at yourself in the mirror the next morning and knowing that you actually serve a purpose and your maximizng your full potential in life, when you look back on life 40 years from now would the boy you were be proud of the man you have become.

Now, where are the boobies....

Edited by twiley

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was once ogling this incredibly hot chick in the mall. THe caught me staring and said something like, huh are you staring at, I responded "nice gut".

731959[/snapback]

and I'll have to remember this one. :D

I was once ogling this incredibly hot chick in the mall. THe caught me staring and said something like, huh are you staring at, I responded "nice gut".

731959[/snapback]

You know, I love stuff like this, I got busted by some guy for looking at his wifes canz and I had to come up with something quick...my response was well look at them they're just calling my name and you're fat...I got a black eye.

So Opus is what gets the stains out of the Loo :D

731963[/snapback]

In all honesty, Opus is an OK wine that is commercialized for those who have money. I had dinner a few years ago with a Bush (beer people) and she insisted on buying OPus all night long...ran up a decent tab. It was OK but Opus was the best wine on the list and it's something you buy when you think you need to make a statement...steer away from it, there are far better wines out there for alot less.

YOU WANT a great wine to impress people.... House Wine (that's the name) Walla Walla...Magnificent Winery (Winery) great cheap red...12 that has more character than the guy I scammed tonight whose wife was an ex stripper.

Edited by twiley

Too bad no one is in the Lou tonight...twiley is busting out some great wines. I've got three bottles in front of me right now...Eroica EXCELLENT REisling ( Washington) Conudrum Chard....similar to stags leap but cheaper....Chenin Blanc...unknown just grabbed it but is holding up well.

Oh and I'm sur ethis will draw some gay comments...I'm heavy into scotch as well but it's still early/

Anyone like Port?

Edited by twiley

And here's the drunk f'er in me right now....it doesn't matter what you do or how much you make, it's all about the simple fact of looking at yourself in the mirror the next morning and knowing that you actually serve a purpose and your maximizng your full potential in life, when you look back on life 40 years from now would the boy you were be proud of the man you have become.

731953[/snapback]

Wow, you are drunk.

Let me add a kicker, my wife is a little po'D AT me but proud at the same time. sHEE approves of what I did but this guy's wife serves on numerous boards with my wife and one of the other couples are the gossip queens and kings of our group....I pretty much destroyed this guy's credibility and this chick (she's a born again, she was a stripper) who's husband I embarrassed will now forever hate me because I embarassed them so much.

Twiley, yer a riot tonight. Good job showin the clown up. Some people as for it and you made it a fir wager. Nothing wrong with that.

732008[/snapback]

The wife actually called me inconsiderate, I was just trying to bring a guy back to the real world.

I think you've really outdone yourself tonight, twiley. :D

732018[/snapback]

That's what my wife said actually it was, You never cease to amaze me, I don't know whether to kiss you or slap you, nonetheless, this is why I married you.

You know, I love stuff like this, I got busted by some guy for looking at his wifes canz and I had to come up with something quick...my response was well look at them they're just calling my name and you're fat...I got a black eye.

731966[/snapback]

You were bobbing when you should've been weaving.

• 11 months later...

:D

I never thought I'd have to break this out of the archives of my mind; ah, the wonders of the internet and more specifically, internet message boards.

I believe I was a senior in HS - but perhaps it was my junior year - and we were critiquing other students' essays (or I think it may have been short stories) in my AP English class. The one I was assigned to read and review was not very good. It was, in a word, boring.

I have no idea what came over me; perhaps it was the fact that the reviews were going to be exposed and read anonymously, but I gave it a pretty scathing review. I recall using phrases like "I'd rather watch grass grow or water boil than have to read this again", etc. The teacher read all the critiques aloud and couldn't believe it when she got to mine.

And actually, I have to rack my brain a little bit to remember what the net result was. I think I ponied up and admitted to writing that review. I think I used the "this is a dumb assignment and I wrote that as a joke to show how unnecessary it was" argument. :D

In any case, the girl whose writing I bashed to no end ended up being a friend of mine through HS, and I think we almost hooked up... and it culminated in her totally hitting on me at our 10-year reunion.... in front of her husband. :D

Edit: Ah, I didn't see the secondary title to this thread... she didn't necessarily deserve the harsh review... although her writing did have a lot to be desired... :D I guess karma came back and bit me in the asz, as I was never able to put 'er to the wood... mmm, she had nice boobies too. :D

Edited by darin3