[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buffalo Homers

Duchess Jack

I am not a homer, but there are three great backs available via trade (James, Alexander, and Henry).

733662[/snapback]

Don't know if I'd put Henry in the same category as the other two. Yes, he was a starter, but did lose that starting job and probably would have even if he stayed healthy.

Don't know if I'd put Henry in the same category as the other two.  Yes, he was a starter, but did lose that starting job and probably would have even if he stayed healthy.

733702[/snapback]

I would not exactly put this guy in the same class either, but it is a shame how the orginization has treated him. He's had some very good seasons - AND - played a fair amount of one on a broken leg and did pretty ***ed well.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Don't know if I'd put Henry in the same category as the other two.  Yes, he was a starter, but did lose that starting job and probably would have even if he stayed healthy.

733702[/snapback]

Henry has proven himself to be a warrior and a very good R/B. Alexander, Edge, and Henry in that order but, there is no telling what Henry could have done on a better team. That being said, he is also a different type back than the other two also. There are teams out there that would be very happy to get any one of the three but, the R/Bs available in the draft doesn't help them. To get any one of them, teams will have to give up alot and the need may not justify the cost,

Edited by jgcoach

To answer the question.....(and no, I am not a homer)... there is nothing out there to be seen. Nothing. Nada. Nyet. Nolo. Zilch.

Not even any rumors. Not even any rumors of there being a rumor or that there might be a rumor.

Lot of talk early..... nothing since. I've been looking and waiting for something myself.

Some of the posts have been right on.. 1-The Bills organization has been less than loyal to their producers.. Remember Flutie in the playoffs... That original rumor about the Cardinals is more than a rumor.. Henry still goes to Arizona but not for the RB for OL man.. A 3 or 4th round pick will make it happen.. Green loves his toughness...

Homer here.

Any word on Henry has been quiet within the Bills organization

so far. But the obvious is, he will be traded. Probably for a last minute draft pick, or for an offensive lineman. My guess is we'll know soon enough, But the Bills aren't one to let rumors spill early.

Also - What Wade Phillips did to Doug Flutie was unforgivable.

That alone is why he was fired, But don't blame the whole organization for that,

they have, in the past, taken care of their own.

That being said, Henry is gone, cause that's what he wants.

They would have loved to keep Bledsoe if he would have taken 2nd string.

But he wouldn't, so they let him go.

733702[/snapback]

I think the point is that 3 quality backs being available hurts the trade value of all 3 to some extent - "f*ck the 1st rounder for Edge, we can get Henry for cheaper" - as opposed to if only one worthwhile back was on the market.

As it is, there are very few teams that wouldn't be improved with a Travis Henry on their roster.

I think the point is that 3 quality backs being available hurts the trade value of all 3 to some extent - "f*ck the 1st rounder for Edge, we can get Henry for cheaper" - as opposed to if only one worthwhile back was on the market.

As it is, there are very few teams that wouldn't be improved with a Travis Henry on their roster.

734151[/snapback]

I thought Henry would have been somewhere by now, certainly before Blaylock landed elsewhere or Lamont Jordan. I think he's still a *** good quality back with alot of toughness.

I thought Henry would have been somewhere by now, certainly before Blaylock landed elsewhere or Lamont Jordan.  I think he's still a *** good quality back with alot of toughness.

734235[/snapback]

The difference is Blaylock and Jordan didn't cost the team signing them draft picks.

BTW, Henry is only 26 and his best 2 years, '02 and '03 are the reason Buffalo probably won't settle for a 4th round pick.

YDS........AVG.......TD

Edited by Patsfan04

I'm not getting any feel for Henry drawing interest out there right now. Buffalo will most likely do a draft day deal with Henry being involved. That seems to be the Bills signature type move. They are going to have to settle on a second round pick though is my guess and some next year deal of pick.

However, in regards to Edge. I do think there is something to be said of one of the young receivers and a early/mid pick possibly to Indy for James. James's vocal rants about his teammates I'm sure have Indy a little uneasy about the upcoming season...

Re: Henry - no way he goes for a 2nd. 3rd and maybe a supplimental pick or a pick next year.

As for the Edge's quotes - these are blown way our of proportion. Folk need to read the whole interview. Everyone was joking about this (the Indy O). It was about getting the ball. They asked - what would make you more happy and they all laughed. One said to make the game five quarters, one said to make the field 200 yards. This whole bad blood thing is the making of the media.

From Buffalobills.com on 3/14:

Q: What's the latest update on Travis Henry? Are the Cardinals still interested or have any other teams shown interest? He is a good RB with a lot of heart.

Tom Donahoe: At the end of this past season, Travis' agent called to seek permission to attempt to trade Travis Henry. We gave the agent permission to find out what was out there. Approximately four to five teams have expressed some degree of interest in Travis. Our desire would be to have Travis back if we cannot work out a trade. We were very up front with the agent telling him from the start that a trade had to be of fair value. We see Travis as a starter and a very productive back and someone who has been to a Pro Bowl. At the present time there is not enough interest to make a trade and if things continue in that vein we would expect to have Travis back again next year for the final year of his contract.

My thinking is Arizona is going to stall on the trade until the draft to see if one of the top 3 backs falls to them at #8.

I think Henry could definately be a draft day deal.

It makes sense to deal him when his value is high, and if he's not dealt he probably won't report to camp.