[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

J.E.T.S. Homers

Kup DeVilles

Does anyone know if Bradway has a plan?? What is doing/ blaylock, not a bad pick-up... What is he doing? Mckenzie? Ferguson? No interest in any D-backs, but lots of interest in Fiedler, no interst in Frerotte and now going to sign and give Brien his bonus check...

Jet fans Pleeeeese tell me what's going on... :D

I've been asking the same things.... but, as far as losong McKenzie and Feguson, they both got too much money, too much to match. So, I dont have any real problem with those two, if other teams will overpay, there is little point in screwing up the salary cap for the next 5 years. What I can't figure out is why they havent done something about replacing them. They let the gaurd from the Bills get signed elsewhere, and then watched as Miller of the Tiatans signed. Miller is old and jumps off sides all the time though....

There is some depth on the O line, and I think they will use one of the rotation guys from last year, probably Goodwin and Kendall. The bigger problem is at DT, where they signed Lance Legree, a backup DT from the NYG. No doubt, the Jets are not as good as they were. They waited too long to try to sign a TE, when Denver matched the offer sheet Putzier. I expect the Jets are hoping Heath Miller lasts long enough for them to pick in the first round now. He's supposed to easilly be the best TE in the draft, but I think someone else snatches him up first.

They could get stuck with Baker as the only TE worth playing, and Legree is not much more than a body. They still need help in the DB area, but got scared off Law, as he is nowhere near recovered from his foot injury. I was shocked they didnt pick up someone like Smoots, with all the DB's that were on the FA market. In this area, Bradway does seem asleep at the switch, espcially after his public statements about wanting to get younger in the D backfield.

I sure cant be happy about how they have sat on thier hands, that's for sure. As it stands now, we won't be as good as we were last year.

LaMont Jordan - I'm not paying anyone $27 million to be Curtis Martin's back-up. I believe that LaMont Jordan, at age 26, will not be as good as Curtis Martin at age 32. If the 2005 NFL season proves me wrong, so be it. The Jets absolutely could not pay Jordan what the Raiders offered. Derrick Blaylock at $11 million is a great replacement and an A+ move on the part of the Jets.

Kareem McKenzie - the Giants were desperate, and they overpaid. I would have loved to keep McKenzie, but I'm not blowing that much of my cap on him. Still - who's our right tackle now? I don't know.

Jason Ferguson is the biggest loss IMO. And the team hasn't addressed a replacement yet. Unless they're going to a 3-4 (and I don't think Dwayne Robertson is ready to be an NFL nose-tackle yet) they need some serious help on the defensive line. Legree is no replacement for Ferguson.

Overall, I can't fault the Jets for losing those three players considering what those players were paid by other teams.

In terms of signings - I like Blaylock alot. I like Feidler as a back-up. I LOVE the Coles for Moss trade.

So far, I give the Jets a "B". Hopefully, the draft will move them up nto B+ range and not down to C or D range.

But as of right now, I can't fault management too much.

I didnt even mention Jordan.... that was easilly a no brainer to let him go.

Vet, I'm thinking they plug in Moore as a starting guard, and move either Kendall or Goodwin to the Tackle spot, unless they get another body, but from where? The tackle position worries me more than the TE spot does. I am also afraid they have Legree penciled in as the starter at DT. At least they have a body there. They still have cap room, but there arent many FA's out there that can help anymore.

I don't know why you'd give management a B. They failed to upgrade in the D backfield, they lost a starting DT and OT, and failed to do squat about it, and have a gaping hole at TE. The Blaylock signing is OK, and so is the Fiedler signing, but we're talking abot backups. So far, we lost four starters, and havent replaced even one of them. I give them a D.

LaMont Jordan - I'm not paying anyone $27 million to be Curtis Martin's back-up.  I believe that LaMont Jordan, at age 26, will not be as good as Curtis Martin at age 32.  If the 2005 NFL season proves me wrong, so be it.  The Jets absolutely could not pay Jordan what the Raiders offered.  Derrick Blaylock at $11 million is a great replacement and an A+ move on the part of the Jets.

Kareem McKenzie - the Giants were desperate, and they overpaid.  I would have loved to keep McKenzie, but I'm not blowing that much of my cap on him.  Still - who's our right tackle now?  I don't know.

Jason Ferguson is the biggest loss IMO.  And the team hasn't addressed a replacement yet.  Unless they're going to a 3-4 (and I don't think Dwayne Robertson is ready to be an NFL nose-tackle yet) they need some serious help on the defensive line.  Legree is no replacement for Ferguson.

Overall, I can't fault the Jets for losing those three players considering what those players were paid by other teams.

In terms of signings - I like Blaylock alot.  I like Feidler as a back-up.  I LOVE the Coles for Moss trade.

So far, I give the Jets a "B".  Hopefully, the draft will move them up nto B+ range and not down to C or D range.

But as of right now, I can't fault management too much.

734737[/snapback]

I go along with what most of you guys are saying with the exception of Fiedler.. I don't understand why you think he can be an asser.. Yea, he has heart but his skills are just not there.. His decision making will equate to a horror show. Let's hope he doesn't have to get in there.. What would have been wrong with Frerotte or even Flutie or Vinny... I know Flutie is ancient but he is a winner and the Jet's still haven't mastered that attitude... And what really drives me crazy is Brien... My only hope is that he is the insurance and they will pick someone up late... We blew to many FA options on Defense... Smoot would have been perfect...

I still can't get behind Fiedler... Fiedler is going to be this years Quincy..

Jets homers.....what exactly is the status with Penningtons arm(shoulder?)? Did he have any surgery this off season? A healthy Chad seems to be the key for that O to really get going and here in Mo-Town I haven't seen any real updates on how he is doing. I think Baker is ready to step up as a viable TE option although I've seen a mock where they take Miller out of Virginia.

2/12/05 12:23pm Post #1

Huddler Pro

Group: Members

Member No.: 7,066

Here is a link to a report by Newsday (NY area paper) that finally answers some questions I had about his status. The pre-op diagnosis was not previously released.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jet...ports-headlines

Having gone through surgery for a complete rotator cuff repair, I know there would have been little chance of Pennington being able to start next season's opener. Turns out, it was a partial tear, and with some damage to the labrum as well, which is what the doctors expected, I suppose based in MRI results.

When I was rehabbing, 2 months post surgery, I was doing the same excersices that another guy (same doc) was doing at two weeks post op for a partial tear. There is a chance he will be prone to reinjuring it, but as they say in the article, Curt Shilling had the same procedure and lost nothing off his fastball, and didnt miss any playing time, as it was done in the off season.

PS: I was pretty sure it was only a partial tear.... I couldn't change the radio station in my truck with it, never mind throw a football, but this at least makes me more optomistic for next year.... He never threw bullets, but I knew he had lost something off of his intermediate throws in the 15 to 20 yard range.

Whoops, link is no longer good.....yes, he had the surgery, the doctors found what they expected, and repaired a partial rotator cuff tear and cleaned scar tissue from the labrum, which is usually there with this sort of injury. He should be ready for the frist regular season game if not all of preseason.

Nothing new to report on his rehab since, though the Jets occassionally say it's going fine. One thing you may not have heard.... when the Jets were negotiating with Coles on a new contract, Pennington offered to throw in 2 MILLION of his OWN money to get the deal done! The Jets didnt take him up on it, but I heard that there was still a chance they might. This would amount to him returning 2 mil of his own signing bonus.

Later in this thread, Vet said he heard a report that they found more damage than they expected, but that contradicts everything I ever heard on it. This newspaper article stated the doctors found exactly what they expected.

Edited by Rovers