[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you keep one of these WR's as a 4th rounder?

Blitztalk

In this league you can keep up to four players. Each keeper is a draft pick. If I don't keep a WR I will start picking in the 4th round. As an option I could drop all the WR's and then draft one of them if nothing else better is there but I draft late in the round. Scoring is basic 1pt per 10 yards and 6 pts per TD.

Thanks for the input!

1st round

Manning,Peyton IND

2nd and 3rd round two of these

Johnson,Rudi CIN

Jones,Kevin DET

Rhodes,Dominic IND (maybe if Edge is traded and he looks to get the job)

Johnson,Larry KC (If Priest breaks something before I have to declair keepers)

Would you spend a 4th rounder on one of these?

Burleson,Nate MIN

Smith,Jimmy JAC

Colbert,Keary CAR

Bennett,Drew

If it were my team I wouldn't keep any of the above receivers as a 4th rounder. You may draft late in the 4th but there's a good chance all of them will be there. There's also a chance you could have a shot at a receiver who may produce more than the one's listed. Can Burleson repeat or improve on last years' stats with Moss gone? Will Bennett be the guy for the Titans who'll surely throw since Mason's gone, McNair's health, Volek's improvement and lots of others gone? Smith's still the guy for the Jags but he's getting older. Colbert is in his second year. I think Smith, Burleson and Bennett will be there for you in the 4th and there will probably be a couple of other decent options you'll be able to consider.

Edited by DocNiner52

I am much higher on Burleson than others are, I guess. His performance last year had something to do with the Vikings decision to trade Moss. He is also one tough SOB. He broke his nose in practice last year, and a couple days later went out and caught 2 TD's and got over 100 yards recieving. Knowing he will be Culpepper's go to guy...what more do you need? Do you really think there will be a better WR out there in the fourth round? Tell me who. Coles? bah! Horn wont be there. Ward wont be either. Nor will Rodgers, Andre Johnson or Boldin. I'd keep Burleson in a heatbeat.

I think you have more difficult choices on your RB's. I'd just hate to lose L Johnson in a keeper league. This I think has to be Priest's last year, and who knows if his knee holds up even this year? Still, Jones and Rudi are nice to have.... but the two year upside on L Johnson has them both beat, IMO.

I think it will be thin at WR. Everyone else will be keeping one or two. I would keep L Johnson along with R Johnson and Jones but we have a cap of two players from any position to be kept.

I read this morning that Maecus Robinson has already been named starter in Minn. That doesn't mean anything and I think Burleson will be the guy. I guess I will wait it out. I will know more when I see who others are dropping. Thanks guys!

Burleson is going to be hit or miss. He is an intriguing player to draft. If he steps it up and becomes the primary WR on the Viking offense, he could be HUGH. If not, he will hover in mediocrity and not be worth much at all. Might be worth the risk though. :D

That being said, I don't think many people will agree with me, so you might be able to draft him a round or 2 later and save that draft pick in the 4th round. :D

In this league you can keep up to four players.  Each keeper is a draft pick.  If I don't keep a WR I will start picking in the 4th round.  As an option I could drop all the WR's and then draft one of them if nothing else better is there but I draft late in the round. Scoring is basic 1pt per 10 yards and 6 pts per TD.

Thanks for the input!

1st round 

Manning,Peyton IND   

2nd and 3rd round two of these

Johnson,Rudi CIN   

Jones,Kevin DET

Rhodes,Dominic IND (maybe if Edge is traded and he looks to get the job)

Johnson,Larry KC    (If Priest breaks something before I have to declair keepers)

Would you spend a 4th rounder on one of these?

Burleson,Nate MIN   

Smith,Jimmy JAC   

Colbert,Keary CAR   

Bennett,Drew

734303[/snapback]

1st round is a no-brainer keep. 2nd round I'd keep Johnson (just signed a deal today) and Jones. Rhodes will back up Edge (signed today). LJ is a nice project but I don't think he'll be valued at a 2nd/3rd round pick this coming season.

I wouldn't put Burleson in as a 4th round keeper. Ditto with Colbert - too young. Smith? Too old. Only one I'd consider here is Bennett, who's the de facto numero uno WR in Tennessee. With Volek or McNair at QB, Bennett will be very, very valuable. I'd consider keeping Bennett here.

If you drop Rhodes & L. Johnson as well as your 4 WRs that puts 6 people back into the pool. If every other owner drops 2 players of a similar caliber that makes for a total of 32 players of this questionable keeper/non-keeper quality. Considering this, I would drop those guys and see who falls to you. Worst case, you'll end up with one of them back on your team. It is unlikely that all 6 will be drafted in the 4th round.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I got accomplished. I wasn't going to keep any of the WR's. I got an offer for Burleson for Bryan Westbrook. I took that and since I already had my 2 RB's I traded Westbrook and Jimmy Smith for Hines Ward. Funny thing is I don't think the guy that got Burleson from me will keep him anyway and I may be able to get him back.