[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Taylor signs with Vikes

CaP'N GRuNGe

And with the 7th pick in the NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings dang well better draft a WR. Burleson I have no problem with, but MRob and Taylor as 2 & 3 is making wish they'd go back and sign Ricky Young. He may be old, but at least he was reliable. And yes, I know he was a RB, but he set a record (probably team record) for most receptions in a season if I'm not mistaken.

Robinson and Taylor, 2 of the 3 Minnesota WRs as of this day. :D

:D

I'm sure Bly and Bryant are pissing themselves with fear... or was that laughter?

735047[/snapback]

The Vikes lack the homerun threat of Moss, but they could be worse off than sending out Burleson, Robinson, Taylor, Wiggins, possibly Gardner, and a first round draft pick in short west coast patterns across the field as Daunte picks apart defenses with his NCAA record setting accuracy.

The Vikes lack the homerun threat of Moss, but they could be worse off than sending out Burleson, Robinson, Taylor, Wiggins, possibly Gardner, and a first round draft pick in short west coast patterns across the field as Daunte picks apart defenses with his NCAA record setting accuracy.

735056[/snapback]

And so what if that's like 12 men on the field. :D

I'm not a fan of this mediocrity concept. I'm not saying that Burress is/was the answer, but Travis f'ing Taylor????????????

735071[/snapback]

He came to the Vikings begging to play for them. I'm sure his contract is minimal. Low risk WR depth. We will draft a WR high still. We HAVE to.

He came to the Vikings begging to play for them. I'm sure his contract is minimal. Low risk WR depth. We will draft a WR high still. We HAVE to.

735080[/snapback]

I understand, but I would imagine that this will take them out of the Burress swepstakes, and I think Burress would have been a better option. Again, I'm not sold on Burress, but think he might have given them some of that big play potential that is obviously gone. JMHO.

Travis f'ing Taylor. :shakes head:

I'm sure they prefer Burress. But the NFL Network reports Plaxico Burress turned down a six-year, $36 million contract from the Vikings that included a $9 million roster bonus. (blurb taken from RotoWorld). Can't blame them for not exceeding that offer.

and we all know how amazing that Detroit D has been lately... :D

735057[/snapback]

Actually, all homerism jokes aside, the Lions D is pretty darned reasonable. If it weren't for the offense pulling three-and-outs all the time (due mostly to poor play from a quarterback whose name rhymes with Joey Harrington), they'd be viewed in a much better light around the league.

And with the 7th pick in the NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings dang well better draft a WR.  Burleson I have no problem with, but MRob and Taylor as 2 & 3 is making wish they'd go back and sign Ricky Young.  He may be old, but at least he was reliable.  And yes, I know he was a RB, but he set a record (probably team record) for most receptions in a season if I'm not mistaken.

Robinson and Taylor, 2 of the 3 Minnesota WRs as of this day.  :D

735039[/snapback]

who the funk is Ricky young?

who the funk is Ricky young?

735164[/snapback]

He was drafted out of Jackson State and played runningback for the Vikings from 1978 through 1983. He came to the Vikings as a free agent in 1978, but never developed into the back they had hoped for so other than spot duty as a starter he never became the Vikings featured back for their running game.

Actually, all homerism jokes aside, the Lions D is pretty darned reasonable.  If it weren't for the offense pulling three-and-outs all the time (due mostly to poor play from a quarterback whose name rhymes with Joey Harrington), they'd be viewed in a much better light around the league.

735162[/snapback]

Is T Holt gonna be starting in the secondary this yr??

He was drafted out of Jackson State and played runningback for the Vikings from 1978 through 1983. He came to the Vikings as a free agent in 1978, but never developed into the back they had hoped for so other than spot duty as a starter he never became the Vikings featured back for their running game.

735169[/snapback]

He only led the NFL in receptions with 88 in 1978.:D I believe the first running back to ever do so!